AEgis Technologies Group

Updated Jun 30, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Steven S. Hill

This is by far the best company that I have ever worked for.

Administrative Management (Current Employee) Huntsville, AL

ProsThe company values of honesty and integrity are modeled by the senior leadership. Training and development are strongly encouraged. Compensation and benefits are very competitive for this area. The leadership encourages a healthy work-life balance for all employees.

ConsWith the relatively small size, the opportunities for promotions are somewhat limited. Instability that comes with the territory of working for a government contractor.

Advice to Senior ManagementAs growth continues, do your best to maintain the small company feel while providing more diverse opportunities of a larger company.

Great environment, poor middle management.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Huntsville, AL

ProsGreat reputation, easy to get in touch with the right person in the building or off site, and it often feels as your opinion matters. I continue to enjoy my time with AEgis.

ConsHigh demands and short deadlines at times. Scope creep is poorly handled leading to these problems. Strong buddy system.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue each employee, not just as tools in a tool box.

The environment and management appears to be very positive.

Technical Writer (Former Employee) Huntsville, AL

ProsThe environment is excellent as you work exclusively in an office, not a small cubicle. Every Friday, the company provides catered snacks and a light lunch.

ConsI found that many of the existing employees were very difficult to know and very distant in their dealings with other employees. You feel as if you are totally alone in your job.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet to know the employees and what they do for them. Loosen up a little and come down to the employees level once in a while. The management I came into contact with were excellent.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Run far away

Program Manager (Former Employee) Huntsville, AL

ProsIf you're ex-military or go to church with the boss, then this is going to be a great place to work.

ConsOtherwise, get ready for divisive political battles every day you go in to the office. They'll snooker you in with high-falutin' talk about making it a great place to work and being there for their employees. They'll cater a lunch every month and hold meetings where you can speak up and state your views. But as time goes on, you'll start to realize that no one is listening. And those meetings are starting to add up, and they're all supposed to be on green time. And then you'll program will get cut by the government for no reason, and it'll be adios muchachos.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart practicing what you preach.

The Best Business in the US Government Modeling and Simulations Community

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThis is a family oriented company, as they take care of their own. The compensation and benefits are above average, and they work very hard to help their employees overcome obstacles

ConsAEgis can occasionally find itself in a position where it has to work as a subcontractor to larger companies, and will yield to unnecessary and unreasonable demands.

Worked for AEgis Technologies Group? Contribute to the Community!