AFS (Automated Financial Systems)

www.afsvision.com

Jim Greenwood

Good company, average salaries

Former Employee - Programmer  in  Exton, PA
    Former Employee - Programmer in Exton, PA

I worked at AFS (Automated Financial Systems)

Pros

Great people, relaxed environment; it is what you make of it.

Cons

Management is myopic at times, need to expand beyond comfort zone.

Think outside the box, the same solution that worked 10 years ago may not apply today.

Good job with some major down falls

Former Employee - Tech Support  in  Exton, PA
    Former Employee - Tech Support in Exton, PA

I worked at AFS (Automated Financial Systems) full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

AFS provided a good work evironment with excellent technical people. I felt everyday was a new day to learn something new. The pay was average as were the benefits to any corporate america company. Over my 3 and half year there my job experience grew significantly.

Cons

During my all most 4 years there I saw a lot of changes happen within the company. I saw many outstanding and talented people leave due to the favoritism and politics from management. AFS is a very micro managed company and in some cases there is 1 manager to 1 or 2 people. A significant turn off with the company as I interacted with everyone was that many of the Managers, Directors, and Managing Directors use there title as a benefit to them ie. taking longer then allocated lunch, bending security policies, leaving randomly without notify there employees. I have seen several occasions were some managers would go out to the local bar and come back tipsy or no fully with it. The company does not provide overtime or extra time off regardless if you work over the allocated 37.5 hours. I had several employees that had to come in on weekends and received nothing in return. Compensation is average, but not is know were near what other private companies offer. The company does not provide bonuses of any kind. Corporate reviews are supposed to be done within a months time, but generally take 2-4 months to complete (HR forgot about my first one). Be prepared to do more then your job descripition tells you. There were several occasions were I had to go to the owners and presidents house to fix there home network after hours.

AFS needs to reevaluate there policies as well as track all staffs badge in times. In speaking with a couple former HR employees it was known that management would not badge in even though the security hand book tells you to. In speaking with current and former employees they showed a lot of discomfort with management which has led them to start looking and or leave AFS. I think afs should consider a program or policy of some sort that should give back to the employees benefically if they are working well over there allocated time ie .bonuses, coming in an hour late, extra PTO.

Worked for AFS (Automated Financial Systems)? Contribute to the Community!