AGC

Updated Jul 17, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Brad Kitterman

Ok place to work if you like rats.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNo weekends or holidays, flexible schedule, 1 hour lunch, free coffee

ConsRats, 100 year old building, 40+ yrs old equipment, not valued, will throw you under the bus..

Advice to Senior ManagementStop being greedy agrees selfish

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Fabrication division has a very broken system. More plants are being closed.

CI Manager (Current Employee) Jacksonville, FL

ProsSalary, work life balance, good benefits.

ConsNo CI system in place.

Advice to Senior ManagementVery politically oriented culture. Do what is easy and not what is right.

Very Misleading, Company is going in wrong direction

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe company health benefits were ok

ConsConstant company fluctuation with employee turnover and churn. The CSO office culture was very poor, no personal growth. Employees and supervisors lacked accountability. Made promises they could never keep for employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf the company kept the same leadership plan for more than 6 months, something might actually pan out for the company with a good ROI. But alas, no one gets the chance to make an effort, and continuing to hire Ford Co. friends of friends is only leading them to the same group-think and no good outside perspective

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

This place has no chance of advancement. I realize that having worked here in less than a month.

Technician (Current Employee) Spring Hill, KS

ProsGood pay and benefits. Easy job and not very hard to learn.

ConsWhen something goes wrong, 8 different bosses come out of the woodwork to tell you what you or someone else did wrong.

Dont care about your family or off time.

Dont listen to the employees

Micromanaged

Everything is about the numbers

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you want to be more efficient, listen to your employee's input.

Good stepping stone to other avenues.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Kingsport, TN

ProsMany opportunities to work with cutting edge technologies. Plenty of projects to keep one busy. Decent benefits offered. Excellent 401K company match policy.

ConsLack of true leadership at many levels. Pay is sub-par as compared to equivalent positions in other industries. Pay raises few and far between.

Advice to Senior ManagementPeople are not robots. Most people have a genuine drive to do good work when encouraged to do so. Look into better ways of rewarding those who do good work (ie. raises, more vacation, etc.). You know, incentives. Then, those who are "okay" with doing sub-par work will be encouraged to raise their level of productivity.

Sales

Sales (Current Employee)

ProsIn this economy I still have a job.
    But then again, the pay here is far less than any of the competitors.

ConsOnce, we were the best out there. Nice pay, nice benefits, nice incentives.
    Now no one in their right mind wants to work for this company.
    Bloody old band-aided equipment. Production people that could be wonderful if trained and paid. Top heavy firm that would rather demand reports and spreadsheets instead of quality product and satisfied clients.
    I used to love this company. I used to love my job. Now, I just cash a pay check like I work at McDonald's. It is truly a terrible waste.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have shown that keeping the folks in Alpheretta, GA and Kingsport, TN busy with paperwork is FAR more important than than simply talking to customers or ( golly forbid ) a single front line soldier.

Growth Oriented

Marketing (Current Employee)

ProsStrong global name recognition; Firm is on the rebound with new interior and exterior products and growth oriented strategies.

ConsCountering their weaker US presence with strong initiatives. More prominent in eastern region, and less impact midwest-west coast.

Great Place, I'm sorry it didn't work out.

Teacher (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsIndependence of contracting is
     appealing.

ConsNo pay raises as you are a contractor.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue your contractors as much as your students do

outside sales representative

Prosgreat people great network large company with worldwide dominance in the flat glass and the glass industry. many products to choose from covers everything in class

Consnot enough équipement is being maintained properly capital investment from Japan in the United States is lagging and needs to be improved. need to rehire certain positions to increase quality control

Advice to Senior Managementlack of investment and capital equipment United States costing because others are way ahead and the quality shows

Horrible place to work!

Production Supervisor (Current Employee) Church Hill, TN

ProsDecent base pay and because of the swing shift you get 7 days off a month in a row.

ConsUnion is set in their way, no support from upper management, long hours, swing shift, no preventative maintenance on machinery, machines constantly breaking, very low raises (1%) and your performance is based on yield from shift, regardless of effort.

Advice to Senior ManagementAcknowledge supervisors efforts, do not constantly side with hourly employees over supervisors and understand that when machines crash, its not the supervisor's fault.

Worked for AGC? Contribute to the Community!