AGLA

Updated Jul 23, 2014

AGLA President & CEO Jim Mallon

Jim Mallon

Great Learning Experience

Financial Representative (Current Employee)

ProsGreat Learning Experience. Products offer are one of the best in the market. Fellow agents are helpful and nice.

Cons100% commission, No support from management, pretty much a do it yourself type of company. If you have an established book of business then its a good place for you but if you seek a company to provide you leads or help you get clients, i wouldn't recommend this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to help the little people, rather then pushing them to the side.

Made good money.

Associate Manager (Former Employee) Nash, TN

ProsNot bound to an office.

ConsBeing micro-managed and being pushed to sell flavor of the week.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't promote because someone can sell ice to a eskimo, most likely he told them it was whale blubber.

Great learning experience for insurance sales professionals

Sales Agent (Former Employee) Shenandoah, VA

ProsOur office was very friendly and worked well together. Company had very good insurance products for individuals and for company owners.

ConsAs in most sales companies there is always the pressure of starting the new month over again at -0- and working the meet monthly goals. Requirements to qualify for annual convention continued to rise faster than ability to reach that level.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't give up too quickly on new sales force hires.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Salesperson Erie, Pa

Salesperson (Former Employee) Erie, PA

ProsWonderful Manager, Nice co-workers, good training. Was given previous worker's book of business to work from.

ConsFound myself doing more "customer service corrections" than actual selling of Insurance! Straight commission sales, which isn't bad, unless you're spending your time CORRECTING past employee mistakes, then you starve!

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter Training. Do **NOT** just keep "hiring and hiring" in hopes of sales that probably will never be!! Correct past mistakes!! Otherwise, new hires have little to NO chance for success!

Great company!!

ProsI see all these people on her bitching about agla. I mean people who fail in this business are people who don't have the drive and determination to work this career. You have to work this job hard, and you have to dig and constantly see people.. A good agent never runs out
    Of referrals.. It's not the company's job to give referrals. It's the agents job to ask people for them. You have to learn and understand how to ask for referrals. You have to use the planner they give you and do exactly as your trained. You have to buy into the company. So if your not willing to give your life to the insurance business then this career isn't for you. My wife and kids love the company too. Ever since I've been at agla my family has everything the need and the things they want.. My income enables me to provide generously. I've made 100k every year I've been at agla. I'm a college grad with a bachelors in marketing. I chose this business cuz it's east money if you bust your butt, and your also helping families on a daily basis. You have to have a heart for people. I could write all day about the greatness of this company .. People who have negative things to say are the failures who didn't dedicate the time and didn't have the passion.

ConsThe underwriting does take a while but most if the time it's worth the wait.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to join together and voice a concern for the slow underwriting process.

Insurance Agent

ProsI have my next Meeting Monday, so far so good

ConsI have none at this time

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Bait & Switch

Insurance Agent (Former Employee) Fort Lauderdale, FL

ProsSeems like you are getting lots of training, at least they spend a lot of time telling you they are training you. Actually they just do a lot of Rah Rah sessions where they make a big deal of all the current weekly sales, but not the acutal written cases and definately not the large number of rejected cases or take backs.

ConsEvery year they have a big push to hire new sales agents, they then race them threw a training, and push them into the field. 90% fail and eventually leave or are terminated. Any sales they made are left behind for the company to benefit from,

Advice to Senior ManagementStop funnelling large numbers of employees threw the system and concentrait on developing long term employees. This will reduce the companies bump up each year for the new hires that make sales and then move on, but the retention rate will go up insuring both the company and agents of a long term income

Headquarters has lost touch completely with their branch offices

Marketing Administrator/Office Manager (Former Employee) Troy, MI

ProsThe best benefit package for clerical office workers around!!! Decent salary.

ConsInsufficient help for the work load; ancient computers & systems; poor customer service; sales is ALL that matters.

Advice to Senior ManagementIn in touch with your branches and their needs!

Very difficult to qualify for permanent position

Insurance Agent (Former Employee) Temecula, CA

ProsGood training and good meetings, keep you informed.

ConsSlow and painful processing time for the policies.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove communication with agents.

Great Company to Build a Long Term Career

Classic Agent (Former Employee) Nashville, TN

ProsUnique product, Extensive training, Supportive team environment. AIG, the parent company,has generated several billion dollars of interest to pay back to tax-payers, by impressively buying back the majority of shares of stock the govt. bought in the bail-out in 2009. The company has a high level of integrity. AGLA has abundant cash reserves to cover all claims. All of it's policies include accelerated benefit riders that provide living benefits for critical, chronic and terminal illnesses.

ConsCRM technology has been slow to be updated. Training sources need to be consolidated. Too much paper is utilized in daily transactions. Generating a consistent revenue stream has taken much longer than I anticipated.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay the course you are on. Minimize paper transactions. Better synchronize the processing of application, underwriting and issue to reduce timeline.

Worked for AGLA? Contribute to the Community!