AHRC Suffolk Reviews

CEO

1. CIS

Current Employee - T9 Micj
    Current Employee - T9 Micj

I have been working at AHRC Suffolk full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Family, and we do our best to fulfill there needs..

Cons

For what we do. On top of getting hurt from one of the guys and eomen, scary. They need to pay more and they would have great peaple. And the bathroom nasty dirty..

Advice to Management

Just keep what u r doing. Just push more for us..

Do not work here if you want to stay sane

Former Employee - DSP in Old Field, NY
    Former Employee - DSP in Old Field, NY

I worked at AHRC Suffolk full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The clients are ok. That about all that is good.

Cons

Staff are horrible, you have to find your own "coverage" staff will backstab you at any given point just to get you in trouble for a laugh. And very discriminating.

Advice to Management

If you don't have the mental capacity to deal with different ethnicities, please find another job. Cause you make the job so much harder. And don't lie to staff saying you have their back and your the first one plunging the knife.

3. A company in transition

Current Employee - Direct Care in Shoreham, NY
    Current Employee - Direct Care in Shoreham, NY

I have been working at AHRC Suffolk

Pros

Very good health benefits, most employees really care about what they are doing, They are trying to evolve.

Cons

Each component is run more like a franchise (ICF, IRA, Day Habilitation, etc.). Although there is supposed to be one policy in the agency everyone that works there knows that's not true. As the population grows older they are at a lost as to how to deal with the changes so they do nothing until things go awfully wrong and then the blame is always on the little guy although the big guys knew there was a problem all along Most of the managers that run the different locations have been there way to long and do not know how to handle change which is one of the biggest problems. THERE IS NO CONFIDENTIALITY. Confidentiality is an illusion they will and do find out who you are They do not just ask questions they interrogate which makes people resistant to report anything. As long as things look good on paper that is all the agency managers care about forget about the fact so much has to be covered up. As the economy gets better and the agency is requiring more and more from its workers with a very low pay base no one is staying. Once people see and feel what is really going on they leave. They want to much for too little.

Advice to Management

You absolutely must stop hearing your employees you must listen, they are much smarter than you think. Do you realize when you do these town hall meetings you talk about the direction of the company that direction does not seem to include the people there right now in the trenches it sounds great for the employees 10 years from now, but no hope for the employee now that is struggling. We are dedicating our lives to make this work with very little compensation. Clean up Shoreham it is a cesspool

5. Do not work here

Former Employee - IRA in New Suffolk, NY
    Former Employee - IRA in New Suffolk, NY

I worked at AHRC Suffolk full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Clients are great. That's it

Cons

Management is just condescending and terrible.

Advice to Management

Learn what it's like to work in the houses

6. Recognition for some

I have been working at AHRC Suffolk

Pros

Benefits are good if they don't keep taking them away

Cons

If you're looking for advancement you should look elsewhere.. Only the favorites and family members get the promotions regardless of their qualifications or knowledge.if you're looking for recognition in salary you should also look elsewhere I'm sure the top positions have gotten increases 98 of the staff has not.. They have also cut the pension contribution in half two years in a row. In summary if you're looking to make a decent salary look elsewhere

Advice to Management

My advice to management is to become aware of the unhappiness throughout the agency. Step outside the office in Bohemia and take a good look around.

7. Hard dedicated work, low pay

Current Employee - Direct Care Counselor in Shoreham, NY
    Current Employee - Direct Care Counselor in Shoreham, NY

I have been working at AHRC Suffolk part-time (More than a year)

Pros

They train you, they certify you so that you can feel that you are able to bring forth to the company.

Cons

They do not compensate you for your time given to become certified. You are trained to be AMAP'd (Allowing you to give the clients medication) yet you get payed the same as any other DC. You are given more responsibility yet you get no compensation.

Advice to Management

Help the staff achieve what is deserved for such a hard demanding job.

8. Senior Management is great, wonderful company to work for!!!

Former Employee - Direct Care Counselor in Medford, NY
    Former Employee - Direct Care Counselor in Medford, NY

I worked at AHRC Suffolk full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay is good, family oriented, benefits are nice, overall I miss working for this organization.

Cons

You must work you set number of hours, so if you have to take a day off you have to make up those hours. I did have some issues with some residential staff but thats anywhere the Supervisors helped.

Advice to Management

I would say that management does a great job and I really enjoyed my time working with AHRC!

9. The higher ups treat the staff under them like crap. Politics are a mess, terrible pay.

Current Employee - Direct Care Counselor in Bohemia, NY
    Current Employee - Direct Care Counselor in Bohemia, NY

I have been working at AHRC Suffolk full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Helping the people we work with is an amazing feeling, and you get to learn a lot.

Cons

Compensation for the amount of work you are asked to do is terrible. Cooking, cleaning, handling doctors, advocating for clients, handling and distributing medications, dealing with insurance.

Advice to Management

Stop using the money we get for unnecessary "upgrade" and pay us a fair rate.

10. Need room for growth

Current Employee - House Manager
    Current Employee - House Manager

I have been working at AHRC Suffolk full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Live in positions as house manager is a great opportunity to save money

Cons

Long hours, short staff, no room for growth

RSS Feed </> Embed