AHS

Updated December 15, 2014
3.3

Robert Gillette
1 Rating

Allow yourself to be molded into perfection

Former Employee - Account Manager in Lagrange, GA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Lagrange, GA

I worked at AHS full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I learned so many invaluable lessons while working with AHS: Organizational skills are top notch, time management, multitasking, de-escalating enraged clients, negotiating, meeting sales quotas, focusing on the bigger business picture & thinking from a business perspective rather than an employee perspective, how to present in a professional environment...the list goes on & on. In a large organization like AHS, there is constant change and you either get on board or jump ship...by getting on board & implementing the constant changes we were faced with on a daily/weekly basis, it has allowed me to flourish in my new career. I started with AHS at 19 and they definitely prepped me for my future in the best way possible. They have excellent Healthcare Benefits & 401k matching. The supervisors/managers for the most part really care about your success with the company. Each department feels like it's own family...I made many friends that will be lifelong. AHS makes a great effort to make sure the moral of the company is up, even though it is impossible to please everyone. The rewards for great productivity were endless but you have to keep the big picture in perspective. (As it is easy to get caught up in the daily monotony sometimes) AHS actually molded me into who I was meant to be & what I was meant to do as a business person...for that I am forever thankful & I wouldn't trade any of the many years I spent with the company, for anything in this world.

Cons

AHS does not want you to know the depths of how good you actually are...because then they would have to pay you for it. (Smart business perspective) I relocated out of state & moved into a new industry but the work is very similar & I am making over double in my new career. The pay structure is good initially but as you grow with the company and as an adult and begin a family, the pay structure falls less than par. There are many great supervisors in the organization, however, one good apple can sometimes spoil the experience....if these supervisors were dealt with immediately rather than years down the road, many great employees could have been saved. The job can be a little redundant...but if you can keep yourself positive & not feed into the negative opinions around you, you can persevere. Micromanaging isn't really my favorite form of management however, it is what I learned the most from. In the moment it was tiring, in hindsight, it was a blessing.

I am very thankful for all of you & how you all touched my lives in the most positive ways.

Where am I?

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sylvania, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sylvania, GA

I worked at AHS part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Clientele needy and helping them with ADL's was exciting and rewarding in and of itself. .

Cons

Employer not forthcoming with pay as agreed upon. Most staff without morals or integrity toward clients. Owner usually out-of-touch with daily needs of business and won't return phone calls in timely manner.

Learn management skills and compensation laws before hiring another individual.

It's good if you need a check.

Former Employee - Call Center in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Call Center in Memphis, TN

I worked at AHS full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The pay is great and some of the people are cool. They have free food a lot and good contests where you can win extra money on your check.

Cons

It's very high school-ish. The managers/supes are just as immature as the employees. The culture is very laid back but that's not good in a call center where the customer can hear every word being said.

Hire from within instead of bringing in people who know less than the people they are supervising. Hold supes accountable for things. No employee should have to search for a supervisor while a customer is on hold for 30+ minutes..

somewhat good

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Lagrange, GA

I have been working at AHS full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I like the people I worked with, in the company there is room for advancement

Cons

everything is all about numbers, do not think the staff really cares a lot about people nor the customers

I think management needs to take into consideration when its busy verses when its slow when it comes to disciplining people for stats and also think about recruiting better contractors to service the ahs customers

AHS Account Executive

Former Employee - Account Executive/Territory Sales in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Account Executive/Territory Sales in Kansas City, MO

I worked at AHS full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Decent starting pay and benefits.
    Business related expenses paid by company.
    Co-workers are very helpful, which is great because the "official" company training is not.

Cons

Management - hard to talk to and disinterested, always seemed unappreciative of efforts made, never a compliment despite numbers improving, talks a good talk but only cared about his favorites.

Territory - not worked steadily in years, hard to get into new offices, slow process.

Stop all the unnecessary changes "change mastery" is one thing but when the changes involve getting moved to new manager who really doesn't want you on the team and current manager does--why make the change? Who does it really benefit?

Lots of Change

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Lagrange, GA

I have been working at AHS full-time

Pros

The money is good at Peak times....Overtime possibilities

Cons

Part time, no full time opportunity, mostly temps are being hired now.

Eh

I have been working at AHS full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Stable. You pretty much have to fire yourself.

Cons

Horrible change management. Procedures change in the most illogical ways on a constant basis.

Ask the people who DO the job before you waste time, money, and resources on procedures that don't work. Also... PAY for the work you want and the results you get.

Great for experience.

Current Employee - Sales in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at AHS full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Pay and team, great on site help.

Cons

Problems at the top (Memphis Corporate and center)

Believe in your teams and quit hiring your connections from past days - it has proven not to work.

Managing clinical prpjevts supporting 30 facilities.

I have been working at AHS

Pros

Close to home and has a rrspected PMO

Cons

No BAs and no QA

Stop acceptong bad behavior and poor quality from software vendors

Go the other way!

Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Lagrange, GA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Lagrange, GA

I worked at AHS full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Pay was good, benefits, co-workers

Cons

Management was horrible, inaccessible, lacked communication to employees, showed favoritism. Superior would decline escalated calls and threaten the employee for sending calls their way. They were more concerned about reaching a department# versus taking care of the paying customer needs. I believe if management set the standards upfront with the customer about the type of service they'll be receiving, and that it's not a 1-800 counseling hotline, the calls would flow more smoothly. Verbal abuse shouldn't be tolerated on any level.

Be consistent across the board with the information that you share with employees.