AIDS Healthcare Foundation Reviews

Michael Weinstein

1. AHF

Current Employee - Credentialing Specialist in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Credentialing Specialist in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at AIDS Healthcare Foundation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

AHF has a great working environment. It allows flexibility in my schedule and the company is very family orientated.

Cons

Because of our patient population and how we obtain our funding the pay scale compared to other healthcare industry is not as competitive.

Advice to Management

Listen to ideas that could assist with the day to day operations.

Great Cause, Terrible Leadership

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at AIDS Healthcare Foundation full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

What a wonderful cause! This company hits it right on the head with their advocacy efforts, healthcare and prevention work. I worked there almost a decade and did grow a lot professionally. Most people do not agree with their president, however he is a man with great vision and drive.

Cons

However, amongst taking care of the world when it comes to HIV, this company does not take care of their own. You are thrown into a bucket full of interoffice politics that is comparable to being on Capital Hill. I found that after I left it was difficult to find employment elsewhere because of the reputation this company has with others. People have expressed to me that they are weary of hiring someone who comes from this environment. Like I said most people do not agree with their president, however he is a man with great vision and drive, it's his leadership team that creates hell for others.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees how you advocate for your clients to be treated.

3. Member Services

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Hollywood, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Hollywood, CA

I have been working at AIDS Healthcare Foundation full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Helping people in need around the world

Cons

Non profit organization with no room to excel

director

Former Employee - Medical Director in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Medical Director in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at AIDS Healthcare Foundation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Serving the underserved HIV population

Cons

Preying on the underserved HIV population. CEO/founder is an activist but he makes all decisions when it comes to the healthcare facilities. Since he is not trained in the medical field, he has no clue how a heathcare facility should be runned. Giving 20' to see a patient including ordering labs, writing notes, etc.. is not proper patient care. And you wonder why most patients leave AHF after getting private insurance. And you also wonder why most physicians don't stay there more than 2 years.

Advice to Management

Running patient care in a 20' per patient assembly line is not proper healthcare. Let the physicians decide how to properly run the medical centers and not a CEO that is an activist.

6. Awesome cause, ok company...

Pros

-The salary was a good amount.

Cons

-Very bad management in certain branches (Downtown Fort Lauderdale) -No flexibility -Poor training -Company values money over employees and what is right

Advice to Management

Focus on the care and needs of your hard working and dedicated employees just as much as the clients.

7. The best experience and great opportunities.

Current Employee - Fule Clerk in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Fule Clerk in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at AIDS Healthcare Foundation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Get 2 bonus a year, get reimbursements. Great with benefits

Cons

When given work that is not related to your job title.

8. Awesome job!!!!!!!

Current Employee - Phlebotomist, MA in Safety Harbor, FL
    Current Employee - Phlebotomist, MA in Safety Harbor, FL

I have been working at AIDS Healthcare Foundation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This has been the best place I've ever work. Having the chance to impact someone's life with love and care and watch them pull through has been amazing.

Cons

Haven't found anything negative to speak about.

case manager

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Columbus, OH

I have been working at AIDS Healthcare Foundation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is nothing good to say. Please read the cons and you will see why

Cons

These people hired me and sent me to LA for training. No one in LA even knew I was coming. Michael Weinstein came in and demanded know who hired me. I was hired for the Columbus Oh office. Mr Weinstein said "we dont have any money for a case manager in the Columbus office." So I was informed that the job didnt actually exist and I was sent back to Columbus, Oh.

Advice to Management

Get your act together! The money you spent sending me to LA for nothing could have been used by any number of good charities. When you do fund raising and then waste your resources it makes people wonder if there is anything legitimate about your organization

10. Benefit Counselor

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Working with different patients and changing their lives.

Cons

No increase in pay. So much work for only one individual.

Advice to Management

Should really check out the clinics and the management at each facility.

Accounting

Current Employee - Accounting in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Accounting in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at AIDS Healthcare Foundation full-time

Pros

employees are great to work with but have limited resources as everybody are spread way too thin.

Cons

Poor management in accounting and treat their employees poorly. Employees are overworked, underpaid and accounting processes are inefficient. It is a sink or swim environment with no training and overview for those new comers. Management does not respect their employees nor their time. This was the worst employer ever worked for. The reviews in glasssoor of 2.8 is incorrect. It truly should be 1 or less. Not one employee has anything good to say about the environment.

Advice to Management

Change management in accounting and hire talented effective leaders who will make a difference and create a culture where people do come first that mirrors it's mission.

RSS Feed </> Embed