AIESEC International

www.aiesec.org

AIESEC International Reviews

Updated Jul 27, 2014

Pros
  • International network (you can meet ppl from around the world, mainly undergraduates) (in 6 reviews)

• Also provides a multicultural and team work experience (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • time consuming, no accreditation at University (in 12 reviews)

• Consumes a lot of time, and energy - yet worth it (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

life-long value experience; loved to work there; great people; wish to go back if I had the chance

Prosmotivated team culture
    a lot of learning points
    a passionate group working towards giving social benefits to the word

Consa little bit disorganized
    cannot think of
    anymore
    sorry

Great place

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat experience for students, fun atmosphere

ConsLots of work, turnover can be high

Solid Environment

Trainee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsVery awesome group of people, kind, welcoming. Provides an opportunity to network and meet amazing people from all around the world, while providing an opportunity to others to do great things.

ConsPay isn't all that great, but aside from that the place is pretty amazing to work with. Feel good work environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay awesome

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

True learning experience

Volunteer (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsFamily-like atmosphere, a chance to be exposed to different business functions of an organization, self-initiative assignments that give you the freedom to contribute as much efforts as you want, lots of recognition and support from other members

ConsGood internship opportunities are competitive to get, cross-functional communication are sometimes ineffective, different teams don't have a lot of chance to interact, assignments are sometimes unclear.

Advice to Senior ManagementTraining for new management teams, training for new members to know about the organization's processes, more skill-training and career-related opportunities,

An unforgettable experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe best part of Aiesec is that you can work with people from all over the world and with different background and different cultures.

ConsSometimes it might be too overwhelming.

Life-changing

Organizing Committee President for Career Days 2012 (Former Employee) Vienna, VA

Pros- international network
    - skills development
    - putting theory from the university into practice
    - travelling
    -learning
    - getting to know people from all over the world
    - developing yourself

Cons- hard to keep the balance between private life, university life and AIESEC life
    - big workload
    - time-consuming
    - volunteering, so it is not payed

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove communication

Great place to grow up your career

National Support Team (Former Employee) Bangkok (Thailand)

ProsIt was nice in every aspect. I am so proud to be to part of this organization

ConsAs most of the people here are student, they don't have proactiveness

Outstanding experience and best place to learn new things

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsYou have occassion to test yourself and to manage your first team. You will be conected with whole world if you want to and find a perfect places to start your work or voluntary service.

ConsVery time-consuming. You will be pushed to your limits and especially at the begginig you may seem that you are in some kind of sect.

Incredible, challenging, life changing experience!

Director of Corporate Business Development (Former Employee) Rotterdam (Netherlands)

ProsI found the experience to be challenging, enlightening, and full of personal and professional growth opportunities. The culture of the team is e highly entrepreneurial, global, challenging, fantastic network exposure, amazing team experience and constant reflection on how you can grow individually and as part of the group.

ConsAs most teams in the AIESEC network, there are typical cons. But knowing these are part of the reality when you sign up is helpful since I believe that the pros fully outweigh the cons: Intense work hours, low salary/budget, and limited time positions.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider using reserve funding for expanded sales and delivery team efforts. Consider moving office to a more central location for the PR/positioning of the global HQ.

Life-changing experience, grateful for this opportunity, global overview of a large organisation at a fairly young age

Vice President (Former Employee) Rotterdam (Netherlands)

Pros- Work with a very smart, switched-on, ambitious, global team
    - Challenging projects, an absolute stretch experience - steep learning curve!
    - An understanding of global strategy and operations
    - Diversity of work - portfolio specific, general responsibilities, cross-funcitonal teams
    - Organising some of the largest global conferences, both from content and logistics perspectives
    - Amazing travel opportunities throughout the year

Cons- The work is so intense and challenging, yet so amazing, that it takes a while to establish work-life balance (imagine managing work across so many time zones)
    - While it's an amazing launch pad for future career opportunities, there's often a struggle to move on and find something else that's as rewarding… and also knowing how to really "package" your AIESEC experience .

Worked for AIESEC International? Contribute to the Community!