AIG Annuity Insurance Company

Employment Status

Reset
3.2
Bruce Abrams

1. Great company to work for!

Former Employee - NW Region Confernece Coordinator in Orange, CA
    Former Employee - NW Region Confernece Coordinator in Orange, CA

I worked at AIG Annuity Insurance Company full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This company was a great company had amazing staff and people to work with. Team oriented and positive work environment. I felt empowered and my manager kept the line of communication open and allowed me to do my job on my terms.

Cons

My position was eliminated when the company had financial issues and the feds stepped in to bail them out. The company is still great and is baaaack. Miss my job.

Advice to Management

I found management to be extremely open and available to discuss any issues and open to suggestions, positive or negative, and give credit where credit is due. I felt management was amazing where I worked.

2. AIG isn't as good to work for as Western National or American General

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Amarillo, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Amarillo, TX

I have been working at AIG Annuity Insurance Company (More than 10 years)

Pros

Company has insurance and 401k.

Cons

Too much overtime with no regard to "work-life balance". Hire enough people to do the job and get rid of spineless managers that let some of their employees loaf. Laugh and work a couple hours a day because they LOvVE RIDING THAT OVERTIME CLOCK!

Advice to Management

Give cost of living raises! No raise for 10 years! If you can't give a cost of living raise, you should go out of business, fire those employees (for whatever reason you are using to not giving raised to the person) or re-evaluate the staff reluctant to keep people from "losing" the salary battle! Either drop the "Transparency" part of your statement, or practice being transparent! Quit lying to employees!!

3. Corporate has no true idea

Former Employee - Processor in Amarillo, TX
    Former Employee - Processor in Amarillo, TX

I worked at AIG Annuity Insurance Company full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits, medical, dental,vision, 401K., hours do at some point get better, work is not overwhelming. plenty of vacation time, and benefits start right away. the work is enjoyable.

Cons

Low pay, do not do raises, will get a merit payment in April if company did well and management is not trying to lower department expenses, otherwise they give you a low rating for the year and you get even less. if they say you can do something get it in writing. They will lie like a dog to suit their own needs

Advice to Management

Work/life balance are important according to the Corporation, however it is by no means important to the local management. and if you mention it you are labeled as a disruptive influence and they will dismiss you from the company so no one else gets the idea to speak up, and for get about religion, it is really not important to local management in Amarillo. I loved my job just not the lower management, and open door policy is there so it can be used against you. Send someone in to work for a team or 2, see if they don't freak out at the blatant miss treatment, and abuse of position.

5. Good place to learn the business

Former Employee - RVP in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - RVP in Nashville, TN

I worked at AIG Annuity Insurance Company full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

product recognition, name recognition and leader in the industry

Cons

no longer competitive with products

Advice to Management

be more proactive on what the competition is doing

6. A necessary evil, at the time, that ended up being reasonably enjoyable.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jonesboro, AR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jonesboro, AR

Pros

Work/Life Balance Ability to make high income Decent Chance for Promotion Good Workplace Education Reimbursement for all licensing and education. Great Bonus Oppurtunities

Cons

No Leads Weak Management; Both local and Regional Very Cliq-ish Laziness Prevails within the office; both local and regional Not many educated co-workers.

Advice to Management

Make more effort in generating reliable leads. Don't necessarily hire everyone who comes in the door; it makes it that much more difficult for hard working agents to make a sale, especially in low population communtiites.

7. Very political culture

I have been working at AIG Annuity Insurance Company full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great long term benefits. Different areas to move around in to get exposure in the financial services/insurance industry

Cons

Management is not progressive in some areas of the company and growth opportunities are limited. Company still operates in "good ole boy" mode

Advice to Management

Recognize and Reward talent and experience instead of rewarding bad behavior by management

8. It has been a rollercoaster and compensation could be better for all lower level employees.

Pros

Benefits are okay. There are many job fields and they are global. Where I worked, there was very little micro management. Freedom to do your job and excellent holiday recognition.

Cons

The company should understand the value of human capital more. Raises and benefits have went downhill and PTO was decreased.

Advice to Management

Job fit is crucial. Hire managers that are competent and hire true employees, not a bunch of temps to save money b/c in the end... more money is spent when we have to train a class of 5 temps or more every month. Understand the value of human capital and how it is a major asset to the company, not just people's business.

RSS Feed </> Embed