AIG Annuity Insurance Company

Updated June 23, 2014
Updated June 23, 2014

3.3

Bruce Abrams

Great company to work for!

Former Employee - NW Region Confernece Coordinator  in  Orange, CA
    Former Employee - NW Region Confernece Coordinator in Orange, CA

Pros

This company was a great company had amazing staff and people to work with. Team oriented and positive work environment. I felt empowered and my manager kept the line of communication open and allowed me to do my job on my terms.

Cons

My position was eliminated when the company had financial issues and the feds stepped in to bail them out. The company is still great and is baaaack. Miss my job.

I found management to be extremely open and available to discuss any issues and open to suggestions, positive or negative, and give credit where credit is due. I felt management was amazing where I worked.

Corporate has no true idea

Former Employee - Processor  in  Amarillo, TX
    Former Employee - Processor in Amarillo, TX

Pros

Great benefits, medical, dental,vision, 401K., hours do at some point get better, work is not overwhelming. plenty of vacation time, and benefits start right away. the work is enjoyable.

Cons

Low pay, do not do raises, will get a merit payment in April if company did well and management is not trying to lower department expenses, otherwise they give you a low rating for the year and you get even less. if they say you can do something get it in writing. They will lie like a dog to suit their own needs

Work/life balance are important according to the Corporation, however it is by no means important to the local management. and if you mention it you are labeled as a disruptive influence and they will dismiss you from the company so no one else gets the idea to speak up, and for get about religion, it is really not important to local management in Amarillo. I loved my job just not the lower management, and open door policy is there so it can be used against you. Send someone in to work for a team or 2, see if they don't freak out at the blatant miss treatment, and abuse of position.

Good place to learn the business

Former Employee - RVP  in  Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - RVP in Nashville, TN

Pros

product recognition, name recognition and leader in the industry

Cons

no longer competitive with products

be more proactive on what the competition is doing

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A necessary evil, at the time, that ended up being reasonably enjoyable.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Jonesboro, AR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jonesboro, AR

Pros

Work/Life Balance
    Ability to make high income
    Decent Chance for Promotion
    Good Workplace Education
    Reimbursement for all licensing and education.
    Great Bonus Oppurtunities

Cons

No Leads
    Weak Management; Both local and Regional
    Very Cliq-ish
    Laziness Prevails within the office; both local and regional
    Not many educated co-workers.

Make more effort in generating reliable leads. Don't necessarily hire everyone who comes in the door; it makes it that much more difficult for hard working agents to make a sale, especially in low population communtiites.

Very political culture

Pros

Great long term benefits. Different areas to move around in to get exposure in the financial services/insurance industry

Cons

Management is not progressive in some areas of the company and growth opportunities are limited. Company still operates in "good ole boy" mode

Recognize and Reward talent and experience instead of rewarding bad behavior by management

It has been a rollercoaster and compensation could be better for all lower level employees.

Pros

Benefits are okay. There are many job fields and they are global. Where I worked, there was very little micro management. Freedom to do your job and excellent holiday recognition.

Cons

The company should understand the value of human capital more. Raises and benefits have went downhill and PTO was decreased.

Job fit is crucial. Hire managers that are competent and hire true employees, not a bunch of temps to save money b/c in the end... more money is spent when we have to train a class of 5 temps or more every month. Understand the value of human capital and how it is a major asset to the company, not just people's business.

Worked for AIG Annuity Insurance Company? Contribute to the Community!