AIG Global Services

AIG Global Services Reviews

Updated May 30, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

My job was challenging at times but rewarding most of the time.

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsThey treat people fairly. They pay people decently and give them good benefits, including not only decent healthcare but other even rarer essentials.

ConsI was laid off due to relocation of my position.

Advice to Senior ManagementAIG understood that people have lives outside of work, and that these lives might sometimes impinge on (or even take over) their time and attention. They realize that allowing for some work-life give and take means not only that they won't waste time and money on unnecessary turnover, but that they'll build loyalty and commitment. They know it's give and take, not give or take.

Disappointed. This is your typical corporate america company.

Claim Examiner (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsCo-workers where great, made a lot of friends which has nothing to do with the company so on to the company. The 401K plan is great, still have a retirement plan which was nice, decent health benefits, good PTO policies. A e-work environment allowing some to work from home.

ConsVery poor management, found that management spent more time informing us what we needed to do than managing what was coming to us never thinking that if they managed what was coming to us they wouldn't have to inform us what we needed to do as if we didn't know what we needed to do anyway. There is also favoritism within the company which will effect your personal growth. The company is top heavy in all of it's management, there is no support for the workers, therefore not allowing the worker to succeed and working them long hours. There have been no raises in the last 3-4 years but STI, short term incentives, which were small bonuses if you met 100% of the goals on your performance review, no room for improvement. Most employee's thought raises would return after the government was paid back but this didn't happened just the opposite, lay off's began to increase the stock price.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think I said enough in Cons.

Lack of Professionalism & Maturity

IT Director (Current Employee)

ProsGreat opportunities available for improvement for those who love a challenge, Bonus plan is great. CEO is on the right track but is blind to what really happening at lower levels.

Conslack of Maturity and direction from senior leaders who have NO operational experience or technical knowledge but make decisions impacting technologies. Lack of accountability from senior leadership, very click oriented and VERY political.

Advice to Senior ManagementGROW UP and take Accountability for your decisions and actions

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Heavy Turnover, Roles Sent Offshore

ProsHard working people with years of experience

ConsLack of common understanding of organizational goals.

Zoo - monkeys, bears, & lots of snakes (career killer)

Senior Manager (Former Employee) Fort Worth, TX

ProsAre you kidding? Expect long hours, ridiculous comp, an ZERO career guidance. Great place to test your patience, or develop you Faith.

ConsRefer To Pros. Forget career advancement, or end/end solution. Because the numerous mgmt changes, there's so much rampant technology "carcasses", good luck trying to maintain, standardize, or support it. There's pockets of good people, but they are totally burned out, just dragging in for a paycheck. In 2010 they adopted a "peer" review process which is the equivalent of a cock-fight; managers are pit against each other to fight for their people (good or bad), to avoid losing head count. Then they curve the #'s so some poor slob gets shafted into a negative performance rating ("needs improvement") while the review gives NO points or "improvement plan". Did I mention the HR Gestapo? Stay FAR, FAR away from AIGGS! You've been warned!

Advice to Senior ManagementGood 'old boys network. Every 18-24months new mgmt "wolf-pack" brings in their cronies, and the existing employees are kicked around with their funky reorgs, and "performance review" process; nothing more than a popularity contest. Then there's their assanine notion that moving everyone out of NY/NJ to Ft-Worthless is going to save them money on salaries! So the place is short staffed, mixed with a bunch of resentful North-easteners forced to yank their families to Duck Dynasty land... Like I said - ZOO!

Sr. Management lied to employees about job security.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Jersey City, NJ

ProsMajor company with fairly good benefits. The employees are some of the best around. In fact, this is one of the reasons that it is sometimes fun to work here.

ConsIn a department meeting, it was stated that no layoffs would occur even though a consolidation of departments was announced. Less than 3 months later, layoffs occurred. Why not just be honest?

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't lie about job security. Be honest, people's lives are affected when you lie.

Its been a downward spiral for three years

IT Finance (Current Employee) Livingston, NJ

ProsThe individuals are friendly and hard working. Good PTO. Free lunch on Wednesday.

ConsToo much bureaucracy. Quality of service is the last consideration. Hostile environment is frightening at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementReduce layers of management and bring in anger management training.

unprofessional

Sales (Current Employee) Saint Louis, MO

ProsThe are no pros to this so called opportunity

Consno training, no benefits, no pay

Advice to Senior ManagementYou really think potential professional candidates are going to continue to apply to a company that has absolutely NOTHING TO OFFER!!!!!

The department that I work for is moving to Dublin, Ireland and they do not offer moving or transfer possibilities to us

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Woodland Hills, CA

ProsCompany that does not care about its employees!!!

ConsCompany with no opportunities at all!

Advice to Senior ManagementPoor company's culture!”

Terrible executive leadership. They do not follow corporate code of conduct or ethics.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsStay away from Global Services, venomous.

ConsVery poor IT leadership, not qualified to be in the roles they are in.

Advice to Senior ManagementLead by example.....

Worked for AIG Global Services? Contribute to the Community!