AIG Global Services Reviews

2.3
CEO

1. Still has some work to do

I have been working at AIG Global Services

Pros

CEO is new, no nonsense and saying the right things. Has made some smart hires (CIO). Will take time to trickle down throughout the organization. Technology is old but they are working to change that (can it come soon enough) Open culture, you can bring your ideas but difficult to implement. People are really smart and hardworking. Movement across different business lines so you are not siloed in your career.

Cons

A lot of legacy thinking and unwillingness to change. Heavy meeting culture and facetime in pockets of the organization.. A lot of governance and oversight that sometimes makes it difficult to make rapid change. Not much exposure to Senior Management.

Management should spend time walking the floors and getting to know the talent and what the ideas are.

2. NIGHTMARE

Former Employee - Executive IT Support in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Executive IT Support in New York, NY

I worked at AIG Global Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Generous benefits/PTO/great co-workers & team comraderie, mainly b/c everyone is unhappy there.

Cons

This company is still learning what is accountability in the real world, and has a ways to go as far as what is accountability on a department level. HelpDesk in Ft. Worth is useless. Infrastructure is stone-age. There is no cohesiveness whatsoever among IT groups (ie. IT Security, Desktop Engineering) I supported Senior Executives here and there really wouldn't even be a need for a group specifically to support the execs if their admins were even remotely capable of doing anything exept whine to Exec Support when they need something. As an employee of any company, I learned how to archive my own email and this is a basic function that even the most senior admin has no clue how to do. Ecalate ecsalate escale is a term used much too loosely here. Just escalte and then follow up on the escalation. These people have no idean what really warrants an escalation, much less how to triage an issue when justified. No room for growth and will never advance here b/c nothing is cutting edge and upper mgmt only cares about advancing themselves at their subordinates expense. Management could care less about you except for once a year when it comes to performance reviews. No policies for anything whatsoever,. just make some noise to get an exception which is usually a blatant violation of some federal regulation regulating IT compliance governing financial institutions within the public sector. Working here is like chasing your tail all day. You don't need to use your brain to do anything on a daily basis. You are the admins of admins who get paid to do nothing.

Welcome to the real world, I hope you enjoy your stay here. You should be more grateful that this company even still exists after the Fed bailout. Time to start playing by the rules. This company will only continue to go downhill with the new CEO in place.

3. SAP ABAP Consultant

Current Contractor - SAP ABAP Consultant in Parsippany, NJ
    Current Contractor - SAP ABAP Consultant in Parsippany, NJ

I have been working at AIG Global Services as a contractor (more than 8 years)

Pros

• Participated in meetings with functional consultants in analyzing the functional specifications and providing technical solutions to the requirements.
    • Development of new objects like Reports, Interfaces, Conversions, Enhancements, forms and workflows as per client requirement and involved in production support activities and bug fixes.
    • Worked on Inbound interface to update two SAP COA tables with respective data from WDS.
    • Worked on email notification to Requestor when Tax expert gets DP workflow, coding requested and when duplicate obsoleted.

Cons

• Developed a group of screens using Module Pool Programming to upload the data into two tables to create the interface IDs and translation values.
    • Created purchase orders using BAPI function module, Developed Benefit interfaces using Bapi.
    • Worked extensively on ALE CONNECTIONS and IDOCS to trigger to other systems like XI/PI and mapped them to their respective fields.
    • Designed and coded a BDC program for Sales Orders that updated records in the sales order screen or will create new sales orders depending on the source data file from external systems using VA01 and VA02 transactions.

5. So So Experience

Current Contractor - Senior Project Manager in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Contractor - Senior Project Manager in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at AIG Global Services as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Some exceptional people make for great teams. Free food on Wednesdays.

Cons

Being one the 20% that keep the other 80% employed tend to make for a poor work-life balance. Overcrowded building in Fort Worth to the point of being ridiculous. Nearly impossible to track down someone to accomplish something unless you know that someone personally. Very much a "not my job" culture and very little concern on being customer centric.

Advice? Don't drop your Project Managers mid-execution then expect them to scramble to get everything done in weeks before they are expected to depart. They will find other jobs and leave the project to whomever comes next to figure out.
    New senior management has touted some great ideas and seems committed to a positive direction. Hope it works out.

Was once a fabulous place to work, now completely awfu

Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst in New York, NY

I worked at AIG Global Services full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I really couldn't tell you what is a pro about this company. There are a lot of good people there, they are just not recognized as valuable by the company.

Cons

This company has lost its mind. The CEO's philosophy that people work better when they aren't comfortable is completely off base. When people are in constant fear of losing their job, they no longer focus on the company, they focus on themselves. I remember when we had a CEO who went to bat for the company, and went down to Washington and stood in front of Congress and defended us. Now we have a CEO who receives multi-million dollar bonuses for the performance of the company stock that 99% of the company doesn't own (because they got rid of the employee share purchase program around the time of the stock collapse though upper management still receives stock bonuses). I'm glad I left when I did. I couldn't stand riding the elevator every day listening to gossip about an impending layoff. It seemed like it was every week. That is no way to run a company. I'll never forget that the week I left there was an employee town hall and an employee asked the CEO if we were going to review the process of ranking employees that puts 20% of the company in the lower 20% of performers regardless of how well they perform given that the company had we rebounded and other firms had done away with similar systems AND the CEO's response was to look in his jacket pocket, announce that he had reviewed it, and angrily state that he was sick and tired of people complaining about it. What an idiot. My recommendation is stay away from this company unless you're upper management material...otherwise you'll find yourself pretty unhappy.

Spend some time with the people below you and figure out what is actually go on. Tell the truth. You don't need $10 million bonus when you're already rich and you could probably preserve a few jobs by cutting that.

7. Disappointed

Former Employee - Administrative in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Administrative in New York, NY

I worked at AIG Global Services full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Decent health benefits and good PTO policy. Depending on which department one worked in the office culture could be pleasant.

Cons

Senior management is concerned with fillig the pockets of AIG shareholders. Company wide restructuring is the method used to achieve this goal via layoffs companywide. AIG's culture is not healthy and should be avoided.

There is one thing AIG employees hate more than anything and that is the performance review process. This process needs to be overhauled. It is unfair!

8. Changing

Former Employee - Technical Support in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Technical Support in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at AIG Global Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Large, stable company with a pension plan good benefits paid time off, work from home options, good working hours, occasional potential for advancement.

Cons

Multiple levels of management, top heavy leadership environment, senior leadership needs to take the time to observe what's happening on the front lines of the business.

9. Overall company is good and stable job

I worked at AIG Global Services full-time

Pros

Good company to work, compensation okay

Cons

No training new technologies and no overtime, just comptime

nothing

10. Disappointed. This is your typical corporate america company.

Former Employee - Claim Examiner in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Claim Examiner in Dallas, TX

I worked at AIG Global Services full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Co-workers where great, made a lot of friends which has nothing to do with the company so on to the company. The 401K plan is great, still have a retirement plan which was nice, decent health benefits, good PTO policies. A e-work environment allowing some to work from home.

Cons

Very poor management, found that management spent more time informing us what we needed to do than managing what was coming to us never thinking that if they managed what was coming to us they wouldn't have to inform us what we needed to do as if we didn't know what we needed to do anyway. There is also favoritism within the company which will effect your personal growth. The company is top heavy in all of it's management, there is no support for the workers, therefore not allowing the worker to succeed and working them long hours. There have been no raises in the last 3-4 years but STI, short term incentives, which were small bonuses if you met 100% of the goals on your performance review, no room for improvement. Most employee's thought raises would return after the government was paid back but this didn't happened just the opposite, lay off's began to increase the stock price.

I think I said enough in Cons.

Lack of Professionalism & Maturity

Current Employee - IT Director
    Current Employee - IT Director

I have been working at AIG Global Services full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great opportunities available for improvement for those who love a challenge, Bonus plan is great. CEO is on the right track but is blind to what really happening at lower levels.

Cons

lack of Maturity and direction from senior leaders who have NO operational experience or technical knowledge but make decisions impacting technologies. Lack of accountability from senior leadership, very click oriented and VERY political.

GROW UP and take Accountability for your decisions and actions