AIG

AIG Reviews in Los Angeles, CA

Updated Jul 3, 2014

AIG President & CEO Robert Benmosche

Robert Benmosche

Pros
  • Good working hours, good work life balance if you are working in a good department (in 37 reviews)

• has a work from home program that enables employees to work from the comfort of their own home (in 26 reviews)

Cons
  • opinions/suggestions are not easy to get pass to senior management team (in 23 reviews)

• Work/Life balance not practiced, had a micro manager who added stress to your daily routine (in 10 reviews)

More Highlights
18 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great environment to work at. Quiet, clean, and the agents come in and out as they please.

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) City of Industry, CA

ProsThey take care of you, provide you benefits if you work there full-time, get off early on days before holidays, etc.

ConsNothing bad about this place

Strong company...Challenging to advance...

Senior Underwriter (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsProduct knowledge, pension plan, collaboration opportunities...Bonuses for grade level 20 and up are nice.

ConsLittle to no pay increases and promotions for even top performing employees. Constant shake-ups and changes continue to occur...Not a good place to target for employment at this time...More changes likely to come as company continues to restructure.

Advice to Senior ManagementFight harder to increase employees compensation. Especially when they are top performers...

Once a Fine Company to Work for...

Claims (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsThe pay was decent, as were the facilities. Flexible when it comes to working from home. There's always the free coffee too.

ConsHorrible culture. People are treated like office supplies. Not at all confident that upper management has any idea what they're doing.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart treating people like... I don't know... PEOPLE!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A&H was a joke.

Underwriter (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

Pros-Good starting salary (frozen)
    -Big company
    -great PTO
    -ability to write a ton of business and gain experience.

Cons-I was alarmed with the lack of talent that management has in the A&H division. It will never change, as A&H management is filled with a group of friends that will always be loyal to eachother.. Even when their managers are poor performers.
    -take notice when most of the staff decides to quit.
    -Manager offered no support, and didn't care about his team working weekends.
    - everyone wants out.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop investing in salaries for management that do nothing. There are underwriters that are working there butts off and have nothing to show for it.

The tasks at hand were mechanical, thus repetitive.

Underwriter (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsIf you're concerned about status, then titles are pretty neat. Plus, there is a high emphasis on networking, so there's a large allowance for dining.

ConsRepetitive workflow and lack of interaction with other departments.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed cross-department collaboration.

Best Career Of My Life!!!

Claims Assistant (Current Employee) Woodland Hills, CA

ProsGreat Benefits, Great Culture, Great Co- Workers, Great Management

ConsNone, the company is great!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!!

Employees run amok

Account Manager (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsWorked at the Los Angeles P&C location for 10+ years before finally quitting. Benefits were good. Flex time opportunities. I would have liked to stay had the management been fair.

ConsManagement is really weak and refuses to address problems. Some employees take total advantage of the lackadaisical management oversight. Management discriminates (does not support) against minorities way too often. This happened quite often in my last few years there. The work environment was really unfair and led to so many minority employees grumblings and departures. I finally had enough and quit.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat everyone fairly and evenly. Don't discriminate. Many employees want to work and work hard but not if favoritism is rampant.

Met really great people.

Operations and Systems (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsPays well, great co-workers, opportunity for growth and advancement.

ConsWork assignments can be uninteresting.

Horrible human resource practices, what are they thinking???

Actuarial Assistant (Current Employee) Woodland Hills, CA

ProsNot too much unpaid overtime, generous PTO, decent retirement plan, nice cubicles and hardware/software is up to date

ConsFocuses on short term incentives, which means HR/managers will get bonuses based on saving on salaries for new hires, not performance or retention, how stupid and short-sighted can you get?
    Salary has been frozen for a few years, even though the company is supposedly doing very much better in the past few years.
    Did I mention the salary is very low?

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat the employees with respect and you'll get a lot better performance and retention, it will actually save you money on the long run.

Underwriter

Underwriter (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsBig Company good benefits and good management

ConsCompany is too big, so a lot of competition of moving up to the next level.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Worked for AIG? Contribute to the Community!