AIG

AIG Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014

AIG President & CEO Robert Benmosche

Robert Benmosche

Pros
  • Good working hours, good work life balance if you are working in a good department(in 37 reviews)

• has a work from home program that enables employees to work from the comfort of their own home(in 26 reviews)

Cons
  • opinions/suggestions are not easy to get pass to senior management team(in 23 reviews)

• Work/Life balance not practiced, had a micro manager who added stress to your daily routine(in 10 reviews)

If you like bureaucracy, you'll LOVE AIG.

Project Manager (Former Employee) Fort Worth, TX

Pros1) Decent pay
    2) Minimal direct supervision
    3) Challenging projects

Cons1) A "CYA" management culture from the CEO to newest consultant discourages innovation and "going the extra mile" for your internal Clients.
    2) An over complicated, under documented Project Management process. Usually there is only one or two SME's in each Department (Company wide) that truly understands it and can teach it.
    3) No paid holidays, PTO or vacations from Contractors / Consultants. Yet the job routinely required 50 hours a week to stay current.
    4) No bonus structure for Contractors / Consultants. Since 75% of the people working on Projects are Contractors / Consultants, they are expected to work hard so Sr. Mgmt. & the rare FTE Project Team member can benefit from the bonus pool.

Good job, if you can survive the layoffs and the high work load

Premium Auditor (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsGood compensation, good supervisors and managers - not too much micromanagement, possible bonuses, good amount of time off

ConsHigh workload, large territories to cover, no raises, constant change to procedures, layoffs

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep consistent procedures, bring back annual raises, more employee appreciation

Great Place to Work

ProsGreat working environment, knowledgeable personnel in their specific areas. Most are focused and productive.

ConsVarious departments and units are often segmented and don't always seem to work well together on projects. Too much of an us vs them mentality

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Unappreciated and Overworked, but you leave with lots or experience.

Accountant (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsSmart People and Lots of things to learn, good benefits

ConsOver worked, unappreciated, low to no bonus, no room for growth

Advice to Senior ManagementBe nicer to non-management

Good company

Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsThe job paid well and I liked my bosses.

ConsCompany has changed a lot.

If you want great benefits apply

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Amarillo, TX

ProsThe benefits are great medical, dental, glasses and the cost was very affordable - it was just me on coverage but family rates were very fair also. My department manager was awesome, she knew her stuff and when she didn't she would let us know and would find a solution for us!

ConsThey were really a stickler for clocking in and out. You couldn't clock in before 8:00 and you had to clock out at 5:00 . Your minutes were very closely monitored.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive your worthy department managers credit!!

Work will keep you busy

Anonymous (Former Employee)

ProsGreat co-workers, salary comparable to others. Flexible hours: as long as your work is done and your billing is on par, you can go home early, or work from home. Good part is you get to bring a laptop home to finish your work if you have to leave early.

ConsWhat used to be a pleasant place to work has turned into a who said what atmosphere. Management is constantly walking around the office to see who is chatting with whom. They will walk around the office 10 times in an hour rather than say anything to the employees. Absolutely no managerial support and you will get thrown under the bus so their jobs can be safe.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop micromanaging and give your employees support. You may be the chief but you need Indians to lead a tribe.

Nice Place to work

Accountant (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsPretty good benefits and vacation time is great.

ConsThe compensation is still below market but getting better.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote more career advancement.

Good Company

Programmer Analyst (Former Employee)

ProsTeamwork. Employees well screened to be team players

ConsUpward mobility takes too long

Advice to Senior ManagementChallenge your employees to improve.

Good company

ProsGood vision, strategy etc., etc.,

ConsCollaboration and communication etc., etc.,

Worked for AIG? Contribute to the Community!