AIM Consulting

1. Featured Review

Great Place

Former Contractor - Software Test Engineer in Seattle, WA
    Former Contractor - Software Test Engineer in Seattle, WA

I worked at AIM Consulting as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

AIM Consulting treated me very professionally, was always good at getting back to me when I had questions or just to listen to me regarding my placement. I highly recommend them.

Cons

They need to have a quick review with new employees on benefits and policies, especially concerning time-off.

Transparency for employees

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Seattle, WA

I have been working at AIM Consulting full-time (more than a year)

Pros

What I love the most about AIM is the honesty and transparency we get as employees in quarterly review meetings and when talking to leadership. The partners and leaders are honest in what they report and make you feel confident in what you know of the business state and where we are headed.

Cons

Some of the issues AIM faces - like many other successful businesses - are the growing pains that result in people working hard and not prioritizing culture and play time as high as I've seen in other companies.

Look for new ways and strengthen the focus on building a bigger and better culture of consulting where people get to know each other and collaborate as one team, rather than a bunch of small teams in separate environments (clients, etc.)

The best consulting firm to work for

Current Contractor - Software Developer in Mountlake Terrace, WA
    Current Contractor - Software Developer in Mountlake Terrace, WA

I have been working at AIM Consulting as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

This company - especially the Bellevue office - is full of great people who work tirelessly to ensure we consultants are employed, happy working at the client location, and offer excellent salary. I've worked with AIM for over a year, with multiple stints at a client, and I've not been happier working anywhere. They are very responsive to any isues that arise, as well.

Cons

I've not experienced any negatives working for AIM. Top notch company.

A collaborative, positive and relationship-building experience.

Current Contractor - Senior Web Developer in Seattle, WA
    Current Contractor - Senior Web Developer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at AIM Consulting as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Most recruitment firms have poor reputations because their focus is quantity over quality regarding both professionals and opportunities. AIM however takes the opposite approach with a strong focus on quality and is, by far, the best firm of several, I have worked with. The benefits are competitive, the salaries standard (if not higher) and you are treated like royalty as a company consultant. AIM builds long-term relationships with their consultants; a process that has been mutually beneficial many times. I actually consider my recruiter as my agent in that he represents me well because he's gone to great lengths to know and understand me both professionally and privately. In many ways, my AIM agent has become an actual friend. And both he and AIM in general have proven more capable of managing my career than any other person or firm I have ever done business with prior. Even those outside my agent, such as support staff and management have made me feel like family. This is a well-run business.

Cons

What cons? AIM is a 5-star experience for a front-end developer such as myself.

Your benefit package continues to get better. An accrual of vacation days over time is the only ask left for me on the table.

Consultant

Current Contractor - Data Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Current Contractor - Data Analyst in Chicago, IL

I have been working at AIM Consulting as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Recruiters are very friendly and always willing to help and provide advice. Very good at placing people and truly care about your well being.

Cons

Have nothing to complain about, when it comes to recruiting and staffing firms I have had my fair share of dealing with them, and A.I.M. consulting has been the best.

Best company I have ever worked for

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at AIM Consulting full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Everyone at AIM Consulting truly cares about each other, our clients and the work that we do. I enjoy coming to work every single day, knowing I am making an impact within a successful and growing organization. Since day one with AIM Consulting I have felt valued and recognized. My career has been taken to the next level here and I am extremely grateful for the opportunities I have been given. I love working at AIM Consulting and I look forward to the a long, prosperous career!

Cons

No real cons. AIM Consulting is a young company. We are still evolving and there are some growing pains, but with our passion for continuous improvement, we will overcome any challenges we face!

Continue to do what you are doing. We are building an amazing organization with a strong culture with smart, hard-working employees. Look for ways to offer additional benefits and provide employees with more defined career paths.

Glad to have found AIM!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at AIM Consulting full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I am truly refreshed to have found a company like AIM Consulting. The older I get, the more I realize the importance that culture and “fit” plays in my enjoyment and fulfillment within my professional career. With AIM this isn’t just talked about, but it is displayed over-and-over internally, as well as externally in interaction with clients and consultants. In my experience, the AIM environment is filled with humble, driven, and extremely competent founders and leadership; they place their focus on long-term relationships with both clients and consultants; and they embody an upbeat culture, open-door policy, supportive team environment, flexible engagement models, and passion for doing what’s right for the relationship/partnership.

Cons

Without "blowing smoke", in my 10 months of working for AIM I cannot think of a con strong enough to list here. I would whole-heartedly recommend AIM and I personally foresee AIM being a place I can call home for many, many years.

AIM management has a great view of work-life balance and they place focus on business growth being the result of doing what's right by the individual or company - never by making decisions based on the bottom line or the here-and-now. I am continually impressed (and truly grateful) to be learning from such talented, committed, and supportive leadership and founders!

Passionate, Caring, Driven, Family, Competitive!

I have been working at AIM Consulting full-time (less than a year)

Pros

At AIM Consulting we have a commitment to learning, partnering with some truly amazing people, and we get to create some awesome opportunities. The best part about AIM is that we are extremely competitive, but that does not hinder one person from helping another. AIM values the work hard, play hard model and this company demonstrates the ability to really have it all.

Cons

I have yet to find a challenge or a con about working at AIM. Leadership, compensation, and growth opportunities are endless. Anyone would be lucky to work for AIM.

AIM has the most passionate, caring, leaders I have ever seen. They take the time to teach and train, listen, and understand how they can help you. They truly believe they are only as strong as their weakest link and don't take anyone for granted. It is awesome to be a part of a company where you can look up to your senior level leadership.

Great Culture, Commitment to Values

Current Employee - Manager of Talent Acquisition and Retention
    Current Employee - Manager of Talent Acquisition and Retention

I have been working at AIM Consulting full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Come for the culture stay for the compensation opportunities. AIM has an amazing culture that they work hard to develop and maintain. The office is welcoming and supportive and constructively competitive. With that, the compensation potential is boundless. AIM works hard to get everyone a piece of the pie without compromising morals or values along the way. Find good people good opportunities, and do what you say you are going to do...it's as simple as that.

Cons

The vacation accrues fairly slowly (at least with my compensation package, and I am pretty sure it is standard). However, work-life balance has never been an issue. I have never had an issue getting a day off if necessary, not even a blink of an eye from management...so the concern for me is minimal.

Some of the best leaders in the business. Hands down. Excellent mentors and accessibility to upper level management (I have personally spent quality time with every C-Level individual in the company)

A company that appreciates my skill set

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at AIM Consulting full-time (less than a year)

Pros

When first meeting with AIM Recruiters they listened to what I was looking for as my next career choice. They worked with me to find a fit that I've been happy with. Upon joining AIM, they have continued to stay in contact with me to determine my satisfaction with my current role and where I'd like to go next. They utilize my knowledge to help find the best candidates for positions as well as work to assign me to engagements that will use my skill sets.

Cons

Depending on where your client is, you may feel removed from AIM. In my position I am more engaged with the main office, but other consultants at my client feel less a part of the company. Another drawback is that skill/knowledge advancement seems to be very self-driven. Management is very supportive if you come to them about advancing your knowledge, but there doesn't seem to be a pro-active way for the entire base to gain extra knowledge.

Implement monthly office meetings for updates on Business Development, new hires and knowledge sharing. It would help make the consultants in each client office feel a part of AIM overall and help them get to know each other as well as advance our knowledge of the company and other practices.