AIR Worldwide

Location
    Bike community
    Casual atmosphere
    Open layout office
    Plenty of opportunities to learn new skills and take courses

ConsSome employees have strict deadlines and some must work longer hours when natural disasters occur

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Good Place for a Co-op

IT Co-Op (Former Employee) Boston, MA

ProsDiverse, Next to green and orange T lines, Free coffee, people are very helpful when stuck on an issue, pay was good for a co-op job ($21/hr), Great place to learn.

ConsSome people are very computer illiterate.

Few career growth opportunities

Senior Scientist (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsInteresting projects, good group of smart people to work with, reasonably flexible schedule, lax dress code, and opportunities to interact with clients.

ConsVery few vertical growth opportunities, token promotions, mediocre salary, poor middle management in some groups, great management in others, too focused on deadlines instead of the best models.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great work, smart people, great team work, niche area and great company to start career.

QA Engineer II (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsSmart people, good people interaction, team work is amazing.

ConsPay should be increased, hiring should be made serious by focusing more on skills (tightening the recruitment procedure by selecting cream layer).

Great place to learn

ProsGreat place to learn, and work among prepared people

ConsPayment is low for professionals

A great stepping stone to a career within the insurance industry

Risk Consultant (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsSmart people that are enthusiastic about the field, collegiate atmosphere, wide range of responsibilities keeps things interesting, option for mobility within the company, relaxed culture

ConsAfter some time, work can become monotonous, compensation increases below industry standard, feels "behind the curve" in many respects for being a technology company

Advice to Senior ManagementConsidering compensating talent appropriately if wanting to keep them long term

Not the best, not the worst, closer to the worst. Will test your sanity.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLocation, close to transit, friendly colleagues, company events

ConsSales-driven organization- everyone else comes a very distance second, long hours for little reward, pay is on lower end- definitely gets smaller as you stay since pay raises are small

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat all employees with respect. All means all. Allow more than senior management to be involved in corporate strategy and well-being. Promotions should be based on levels of success, not kissing up.
    Show more compassion for those who work hard. Leave your egos at home, and stop trying to demonstrate your supposed superiority.

Interesting company to work for with great people.

Analyst (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsMy favorite part of working at AIR is that I am always interested in what I am doing. Our business is very exciting and relevant to the lives of many people around the world. Additionally, the people that work here are very bright and friendly. The company is very dedicated to internal training, so if your background is either on the insurance side or the science you will be brought up to speed with the other aspects of the company quickly.

ConsThe company is still struggling with allowing employees to work from home. In my experience it is allowed for specific circumstances, depending on your manager, but not regularly.

Advice to Senior ManagementResearch Department is to separated from the rest of the company

Does not pay well when compared to other companies in the area

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsFree Coffee, office close to T station.

ConsThese are some of the cons with respect to the greater Boston Area: Low compensation levels, very high turnover in the company, very poor employee & talent management. Everyone in my team is looking for better opportunities in other companies. Employee retention/loyalty is very low. Currently the company is having a very hard time filling positions with good talent due to better opportunities available in other companies in the area.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed major structural improvements in the company. Otherwise with the economy improving, most of the key people will leave.

Work at Air-WorldWide

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) Boston, MA

ProsCity location, accessible to T, good and friendly people

ConsLife/Work balance, diversity in people , not much diversity in vision

Advice to Senior ManagementWatch out and improve on cons mentioned above

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Worked for AIR Worldwide? Contribute to the Community!