AIReS

Bryan Putt

Expense Management Accounting Coordinator

Current Employee - Expense Management Accounting Coordinator in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Expense Management Accounting Coordinator in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at AIReS full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great company, lacks training program, however you just pick up the job on the fly. You have to be motivated and a self starter and be able to work independently.

Cons

Dress up everyday except for when Google comes in, then they want it to look like you're having fun.

More of a formalized training program.

Great Work Environment/Lots of Stress

I worked at AIReS

Pros

Great management and coworkers to be around
    Fun to go to work each morning
    Never stop learning something new

Cons

Stress, stress, stress- dealing with big money daily, so read every single detail of an authorization
    The pay-for the stress involved, not really worth it

Great Place To Work For A Passionate Professional

Former Employee - Account Manager in Huntington Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Huntington Beach, CA

I worked at AIReS full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

AIReS is an outstanding place to work. They give you the tools for success, the training to thrive, and the management support to grow within the organization. They give you back (opportunity, pay, career growth, understanding) what you are willing to put in. The greatest part of AIReS is their true dedication to their clients and passion for the relocation industry. They are a leader in innovation, providing their staff with industry leading technology to organize daily tasks. The management has a true open door policy where you can have a personal conversation with any member of their executive team. AIReS is a caring and wonderful place to work.

Cons

You are expected to give it your all everyday. This is not a "con" to anyone who wants to put in a good honest hard day of work. If you are looking for a place to work where you put in 60 minutes of real work in an 8 hour day, AIReS is not the place for you. They are clear about this in their hiring process and always transparent about an employee's job responsibilities.

Every member of the management team is hands on and very involved with the company's success. Your passion is contagious so continue to stay involved as much as possible as you grow.

Stressful

I have been working at AIReS full-time

Pros

Nice people, friendly management, flex time,

Cons

Workload too heavy to meet expectations. Training in corporate was not helpful. The company promises world class service to the clients, and expect the relocation specialist to deliver without giving them the support they need. The pay is absolutely terrible and out of touch with the position and what they expect you to do. They tell you that you get a bonus, but bonuses aren't guaranteed and as we know, they are taxed pretty high.

Pay people what they are worth. Stop boasting about being fiscally conservative when at the rate you pay it sounds like you are just cheap. Also, revamp the training process.

Oct 20, 2014Director of HR

We are very focused on making sure the workload is equitably distributed, providing training that is sufficient and aligning our pay with the market. We have been growing rapidly for the past ten ... More

Stay away unless you are the 1%

Former Employee - Program Manager in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Program Manager in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at AIReS full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good food, a couple nice people but they all end up leaving, location of office is easy to get to. Relocation is interesting but there are no jobs with anyone else nearby so useless experience.

Cons

The "family" at the top doesn't care about its employees. They portray an image to get clients and then scramble to keep up with the work. Completely misleading. So we have to keep up the lie and pretend that things are being done that are not.
    If you are the 1% that can become a favorite of management, or date/marry one of them - good for you.
    Revolving door with low pay, mandatory overtime, some of us were made to go hourly because the State came in due to so many complaints.
    Just look at the responses they put to every comment, an excuse for everything!
    No empathy or work life balance, divorce rate is huge.

Pay more, don't fire people that go on maternity leave. Stop forwarding around scathing emails for every minor incidence. Don't laugh when employees cry or have panic attacks. You even mock the President, and he is the only nice guy.

Nov 4, 2014Director of HR

Sorry you were not happy at AIReS. Good luck in your career.

Oy vey!

Current Employee - Employee in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at AIReS full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The great thing about working at Aires is all the places to eat, nearby.

Cons

I have worked several places in my career. I am not usually a complainer. With that said: Where do I start with the challenges of working at Aires? Tons of work, unrealistic expectations, very cliquey, favoritism and nepotism are rampant.
    You can get the work done in 40 hours, if you've got two heads and four arms. Don't make a mistake, someone will email everyone about it. Client's complaints are taken as gospel. Save your emails so you can refute what clients like to complain about. Relocation specialists want high grades on their work, from the clients, so they will circumvent ANYTHING or anyone. A/P person told me that RS's would wire a final equity amount of $5.00 to a transferee, though it cost $30 or more to do that. (That isn't good business sense.) They are so desperate to keep clients that the clients end up running the business. Whatever the clients want they get, no matter the cost or the workload put on the staff. I never saw any of my previous employers do that. It's crazy!
    The company was so desperate to keep employees and improve morale that they formed committees or teams to provide "team spirit", reduce turnover, have breakfasts and such. The company even hired a magician to walk around and entertain groups of employees. (Are you kidding me? That's the response I hear when I tell that story.)
    I would sell flowers on the corner, before I would work there again.

Hire a consultant to review the whole company. Listen to your employees and don't dismiss what they say or furlough them, when they are truthful. Your management skills are lacking. You are lucky to make money, in sprite of yourselves.

Aug 27, 2014Director of HR

The company has grown rapidly because of our commitment to customer service and we realize that our great employees have been and continue to be a critical part of our success. We are working hard ... More

A company way too focused on its customers instead of their own employees.

Former Employee - Program Manager Support in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Program Manager Support in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at AIReS full-time (more than an year)

Pros

For a company this size they have the most drama-free environment I've been a part of. There was only one person I didn't get along with in the company and she is part of the reason I quit. The medical plan USED to be good but the only benefit of the current plan is the money the company puts in your HSA account on their own. They have a Christmas bonus but if the company spent more money upgrading the servers and security to appease a new client you better expect to get a smaller bonus...plus everything you get for bonus and once a year raise is pro-rated based on your time working at the company. What's good? You get an hour lunch break and they definitely know how to have good Food Days.

Cons

Salary is awful for the positions that are doing the most work. Plus, there is absolutely ZERO incentive to work harder. Your annual raise is not based on performance and everyone gets the same amount of raise. Once you show signs of being caught up (if you ever GET to this point) they throw a ton more on your plate until you're so overwhelmed you want to die. Christmas Bonus may be far less than projected if the company decided to go above and beyond upgrading the entire office. Way too much work for the current amount of staffed employees. Lots of false promises about what's going to happen in the near future, everyone is forced to help bill for the company (which gets really annoying), you can't listen to music via headphones and the work is monotonous. Culture is supposedly a big thing at AIReS but unless you become accepted into the core "family", good luck feeling accepted and respected in the workplace.

Allow employees to choose where they sit once they are comfortable with their position. Sitting next to the loudest person in your department or a bunch of housewives when you're a dude is NOT going to make anyone happy to be at work 8+ hours a day. You promote culture as being a part of what makes the company unique but the only ones truly benefiting from this are the people that have been there for 2+ years. Don't make promises you can't keep. Give people financial incentive to work harder...not stickers and certificates. Allow people to listen to music via headphones. The work gets overwhelming and quite boring often. When you're not surfing the web or text messaging to distract you from falling asleep it would be nice to have something to listen to that could keep you focused on your work.

Aug 15, 2014Director of HR

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. We try very hard not to make promises we can't keep, and we have paid generous bonuses every year but one out of the past twelve. They are ... More

Friendly coworkers- poor pay and very stressful

I have been working at AIReS full-time

Pros

Some coworkers are nice and friendly, also lots of free food. Food is probably what they do best.

Cons

False time frames for promotions, new medical plan sucks, everyone there is overworked and stressed out. They don't care if you can handle your caseload or not, because no one can. They don't measure results for certain positions, so some people work harder than others and it doesn't matter. Promotions seem to be more based on how long you've been there then actual hard work and results. Don't expect to be paid much either. Everyone works late and not for much; working through lunch is expected.

Hire more people to help with the amount of work, and pay people what they are worth!

Aug 15, 2014Director of HR

Thanks for your comments. We are really committed to promoting from within at AIReS; since you are a current employee, I'd encourage you to make your desire for promotion known.

Growing company with growing pains

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at AIReS full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

AIReS hires for attitude and it shows. Sr. Management and employees genuinely care about the customer and helping each other out. The company invests a lot in up front training and retaining the culture.

Cons

Limited opportunity for career and compensation growth. Business decisions are often made on immediate needs rather than looking at the long-term impact.

Sr.Management would benefit from being open to the opinions of a broader group of employees and outside industry experts and clients.

Aug 15, 2014Director of HR

Thank you for noticing that we genuinely care about our customers and one another. Our Strategic Planning Group is specifically focused on career and compensation growth. I would encourage you to ... More

Good company with growing pains.

Current Employee - Relocation Specialist in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Relocation Specialist in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at AIReS full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Awesome training program, friendly mentoring, room for growth, opportunity to shine. Hard work pays off and is noticed / rewarded.

Cons

middle management is promoted from within, and sometimes lack the management skills needed to run larger teams.

Keep it headed in the right direction. The company has experienced great growth and provides awesome customer service and vendor management. Focus on repairing the tears from growing fast to ensure that everyone continues to thrive in their roles.