AIT Worldwide Logistics

Updated Jun 27, 2014

AIT Worldwide Logistics President Vaughn Moore

Vaughn Moore

Exciting, fresh, growing company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNew ownership has been infusing new life into an old, dying company that was being passed up by competitors. They continue to invest in top talent from both inside/outside the company. Most of the promotions have been from within, which excites me. The culture is one that gives back to the community and truly cares about its employees. I love coming to work now instead of the old regime.

ConsSome people wish for the old days of airfreight that don't exist anymore. We must adapt or die. Change is hard for some people. I wish I could spend more time with upper management to ask them more questions. Bonuses are not easily understood.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou cannot please all if us! I love what you have done so far and the results speak for themselves. Keep hiring more women in management. Keep getting top talent, i don't care where they come from. Keep growing the company so we will have more opportunities. Keep bringing life and fresh ideas to AIT. Lastly, thank you for giving us a voice that we never had before. You guys rock!!!!!!

CEVA Reincarnated

Anonymous (Current Employee)

ProsThis used to be a great company with the old owners. They were very caring people and built up a family atmosphere

ConsThey have hired some ex CEVA managers and now all the jobs below are now going to people recruited from CEVA and not to the inside. So the lesson is that if you are from CEVA then this is the place to be! We have hired many many CEVA people in the last year.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhat happened to our company?

they think we are stupid

Prosthere are some good people who work here and would miss thme if i were not here. also do some good charity work

Consowners claim the best quarter since the beginnign of the company but our bonuses are still very low same as always. bonus suppose to be profit share so how can it be so low again after the best quarter ever? but they buy a fancy $100K mercredes van so the owners can be driven around anddont have to take taxis to the airport. dont belief the good reviews on here. herd people were asked to put good reviews on here. they are smart like that like the employee survey comes out day aftera company bbq lunch. no promo slots they hire their freinds for the big jobs

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Company and Getting Better

Itasca, IL

ProsThe company has a great family and friendly atmosphere. It's a fun environment to work in and it's large enough that there are plenty of options for a career path within the company. They usually promote from within. The owners are committed to growing the company and making it an even better place to work.

ConsSome departments have a great work-life balance, others don't. The benefits are just OK.

Great Company!

Account Executive (Current Employee)
    Dallas, TX

ProsLots of training. High expectations but try to see you succeed. Family Culture. Very good leadership.

ConsShould strive for the same high expectations on Operations side. Both are needed to succeed. Seems like there is a lot more attention & pressure on sales side.

Advice to Senior ManagementPut same energy into operations side as sales. Love the company! Great job!

Wonderful place to work, with a very engaged team from the top down, and excellent outlook for the future.

Agency for AIT Worldwide Logistics (Current Employee)

ProsFolks enjoy coming to work, enjoy teaming up to make the work load equitable, and always working to increase business "together". Deeply experienced across all modes of transportation, there is wonderful talen, and depth to support new accounts!

ConsGrowing quickly and adding new faces to the team, training quickly enough to have that same impact and perception by our clients. Transition of computer systems is always "not" fun, but a great team in the I.T. dept - is taking the bite out of most of the impact.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhile the brand is important and the new logo is well done, nothing is more important than the culture that has been built around Vaugh, Ray, Joe, and Keith - please keep that #1 !!

AIT- on the rise because it delivers on commitments to internal and external customers

Management (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsThis is the first company I've seen in the industry that truly values input and the lives of its people. Leadership is transparent with the employees--which is hard to find in the logistics & freight forwarding world. We have many service offerings not found at most competitors. The company always looks to promote from within first and always posts positions internally while seeking to place the best candidate for each role with diversity, proven results and tenure being key criterion sought in the process.

ConsStaying ahead of the growth is tough at times with all the moving parts. Internal communication amongst the Ops & Sales team can improve.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay true to your beliefs and core values and let's finish what we start. Your transparency differentiates us from our competition--don't forget that fact.

Awesome Company to Work For!

Account Executive (Current Employee)
    Dallas, TX

ProsAIT really tries to bring you to your full potential. AIT provides the tools, leadership & flexability to control your own destiny. Family Culture.

ConsCould invest a little more energy on Operations side.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is doing an excellent job. They really create a team effort in the office. The corporate office is very accessable & helpful. It really is a great company to work for. Very
    family & community oriented. Very dedicated to it's employees & customers. Always looking for ways to improve things & do things better. Expects all employees to have integrity & to provide customers with the best possible service.

BEST OF THE BEST COMPANIES TO WORK FOR!!!!

Sales Executive (Current Employee)
    Dallas, TX

ProsWorld Class Customer Service, Tenured employee's, Competitive pricing, Multiple tools to sell. AIT places their value on the customer and retains them for life.

ConsDue to the extreme growth AIT is in need of more top line customer service people and
    they are difficult to find that fit the AIT culture. We are looking for people to make a career and not just a job.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to invest in the growth of the international business and hire more customer service people to support the business that is brought on board. Thank You for being great leaders!!!

AIT - Thank you for all you do!!!

Management (Current Employee)
    Itasca, IL

ProsThe company has always provided a financially stable, flexible and a family orientated environment to work in. The current leadership has done many things to dramatically improve the overall benefit package for its employees. I would highly recommend AIT to anyone looking for a career in logistics.

ConsBe more transparent with the “Profit Sharing” program….

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing...it is working...don't live in the past....

Worked for AIT Worldwide Logistics? Contribute to the Community!

AIT Worldwide Logistics Videos

AIT Worldwide Logistics – Why Work for Us?

With a robust global logistics network, AIT has the expertise and resources to support shipping requirements around the world. One size no longer fits all when it comes to transportation and logistics. Companies today… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AIT Worldwide Logistics reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for AIT Worldwide Logistics CEO Vaughn Moore. All 28 reviews posted anonymously by AIT Worldwide Logistics employees.