AIT Worldwide Logistics Reviews

Updated July 24, 2014

4.0

AIT Worldwide Logistics President Vaughn Moore
Vaughn Moore

My forever career is with AIT. This company is exciting and forward thinking and the future is so Bright !

Current Employee - Import Manager  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Import Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at AIT Worldwide Logistics full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

AIT is constantly evolving and looking for new ways to expand . No idea or suggestion is ignored or deemed without merit, we have actual input into new ventures and our feedback is valued. Our company is gaining notice with vendors, competitors and customers alike and the outlook for us is so positive. Being a part of this expansion is very rewarding. 13 years in and I cant imagine working anywhere else.

Cons

5 word minimum forces me to type - None !

Aug 6, 2014Director, Marketing & Communications

Your excitement about AIT is inspiring and we appreciate your enthusiasm! Please keep the feedback coming – our co-workers’ input helps make AIT a better company.

Great company with opportunity to advance your career.

I have been working at AIT Worldwide Logistics full-time

Pros

They invest in the training needed to ensure you are not set up to fail. Their benefit package is in line with the industry average, if not above average.

Cons

On occasion, the hiring practices (outside of HR) have been sketchy. The compensation package is in line with the industry and the people are genuinely friendly.

Jul 22, 2014Director, Marketing & Communications

Providing 24 hours of training for every AIT co-worker is an annual goal at the company. We are glad you have been able to take advantage of the training opportunities offered to you! Thank you for ... More

Exciting, fresh, growing company

I worked at AIT Worldwide Logistics

Pros

New ownership has been infusing new life into an old, dying company that was being passed up by competitors. They continue to invest in top talent from both inside/outside the company. Most of the promotions have been from within, which excites me. The culture is one that gives back to the community and truly cares about its employees. I love coming to work now instead of the old regime.

Cons

Some people wish for the old days of airfreight that don't exist anymore. We must adapt or die. Change is hard for some people. I wish I could spend more time with upper management to ask them more questions. Bonuses are not easily understood.

You cannot please all if us! I love what you have done so far and the results speak for themselves. Keep hiring more women in management. Keep getting top talent, i don't care where they come from. Keep growing the company so we will have more opportunities. Keep bringing life and fresh ideas to AIT. Lastly, thank you for giving us a voice that we never had before. You guys rock!!!!!!

Aug 6, 2014Director, Marketing & Communications

We are happy to know that you enjoy coming to work at our rapidly expanding organization. Our global rebranding efforts coupled with a focus on nurturing AIT’s corporate culture have made our company ... More

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Company and Getting Better

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Itasca, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Itasca, IL

I have been working at AIT Worldwide Logistics full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The company has a great family and friendly atmosphere. It's a fun environment to work in and it's large enough that there are plenty of options for a career path within the company. They usually promote from within. The owners are committed to growing the company and making it an even better place to work.

Cons

Some departments have a great work-life balance, others don't. The benefits are just OK.

Aug 6, 2014Director, Marketing & Communications

Having fun while working hard is at the core of AIT’s culture – we are happy to hear you’re having that experience in your role! As you mentioned, the company does indeed seek opportunities to ... More

CEVA Reincarnated

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at AIT Worldwide Logistics for more than 10 years

Pros

This used to be a great company with the old owners. They were very caring people and built up a family atmosphere

Cons

They have hired some ex CEVA managers and now all the jobs below are now going to people recruited from CEVA and not to the inside. So the lesson is that if you are from CEVA then this is the place to be! We have hired many many CEVA people in the last year.

What happened to our company?

Jul 22, 2014Director, Marketing & Communications

Thank you for sharing your feedback. In the past two years, two-thirds of open positions at AIT have been filled internally. CEVA is one of more than a dozen other logistics organizations from which ... More

they think we are stupid

I have been working at AIT Worldwide Logistics

Pros

there are some good people who work here and would miss thme if i were not here. also do some good charity work

Cons

owners claim the best quarter since the beginnign of the company but our bonuses are still very low same as always. bonus suppose to be profit share so how can it be so low again after the best quarter ever? but they buy a fancy $100K mercredes van so the owners can be driven around anddont have to take taxis to the airport. dont belief the good reviews on here. herd people were asked to put good reviews on here. they are smart like that like the employee survey comes out day aftera company bbq lunch. no promo slots they hire their freinds for the big jobs

Jul 22, 2014Director, Marketing & Communications

We appreciate the feedback and the opportunity to clarify a few items you mentioned. AIT’s revenue is at a record high, but there are many variables when it comes to determining bonuses including the ... More

Great Company!

Current Employee - Account Executive  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Dallas, TX

I have been working at AIT Worldwide Logistics full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Lots of training. High expectations but try to see you succeed. Family Culture. Very good leadership.

Cons

Should strive for the same high expectations on Operations side. Both are needed to succeed. Seems like there is a lot more attention & pressure on sales side.

Put same energy into operations side as sales. Love the company! Great job!

AIT - Thank you for all you do!!!

Current Employee - Management  in  Itasca, IL
    Current Employee - Management in Itasca, IL

I have been working at AIT Worldwide Logistics full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The company has always provided a financially stable, flexible and a family orientated environment to work in. The current leadership has done many things to dramatically improve the overall benefit package for its employees. I would highly recommend AIT to anyone looking for a career in logistics.

Cons

Be more transparent with the “Profit Sharing” program….

Keep doing what you are doing...it is working...don't live in the past....

Wonderful place to work, with a very engaged team from the top down, and excellent outlook for the future.

Current Employee - Agency for AIT Worldwide Logistics
    Current Employee - Agency for AIT Worldwide Logistics

I have been working at AIT Worldwide Logistics full-time

Pros

Folks enjoy coming to work, enjoy teaming up to make the work load equitable, and always working to increase business "together". Deeply experienced across all modes of transportation, there is wonderful talen, and depth to support new accounts!

Cons

Growing quickly and adding new faces to the team, training quickly enough to have that same impact and perception by our clients. Transition of computer systems is always "not" fun, but a great team in the I.T. dept - is taking the bite out of most of the impact.

While the brand is important and the new logo is well done, nothing is more important than the culture that has been built around Vaugh, Ray, Joe, and Keith - please keep that #1 !!

AIT- on the rise because it delivers on commitments to internal and external customers

Current Employee - Management  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Management in Chicago, IL

I have been working at AIT Worldwide Logistics full-time for more than a year

Pros

This is the first company I've seen in the industry that truly values input and the lives of its people. Leadership is transparent with the employees--which is hard to find in the logistics & freight forwarding world. We have many service offerings not found at most competitors. The company always looks to promote from within first and always posts positions internally while seeking to place the best candidate for each role with diversity, proven results and tenure being key criterion sought in the process.

Cons

Staying ahead of the growth is tough at times with all the moving parts. Internal communication amongst the Ops & Sales team can improve.

Stay true to your beliefs and core values and let's finish what we start. Your transparency differentiates us from our competition--don't forget that fact.

Worked for AIT Worldwide Logistics? Contribute to the Community!