AKUNA CAPITAL

www.akunacapital.com

AKUNA CAPITAL Reviews

Updated May 9, 2014

Not yet rated.

Great company with start-up vibe

Derivatives Trader (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsAkuna has an experienced senior team to learn from. You are given a lot of responsibility early in your career, as opposed to trading at a bank where you may not actually trade for a couple of years. Fun environment including a company trip every year.

ConsIt's getting a little harder to get one on one time with senior people as the company has grown.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the company wide updates coming, it helps to understand the bigger picture

Meh....

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSome people within the company are great to work with!

ConsSome people are not great to work with. Some traders within a niche group get more chances than others.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to employees!

Decent company in a souring industry

Trader (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsHigh pay for juniors, lots to learn, smart people (ex-Optiver), a firm that is still making money, cool bosses (as long as you don't go overboard)

ConsYou don't really get more than one warning. People get let go very easily or leave, but I'm not sure if it's just Akuna or simply the industry right now. Afterall, it is the partners' money they're paying you. Industry isn't doing well, and the firm is not very technology driven.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Inside or Out

ProsYou get to work with bleeding edge technology.

ConsPolitical atmosphere if you are not within the "Circle" or an Aussie.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat everyone fairly.

Rewarding

Pros- Working with some of the smartest people in the industry
    - Welcoming and culturally diverse environment
    - Social: Company sponsored Friday drinks every week, company paid trip to Vegas, Chase Corporate Challenge

Cons- The kitchen is going to be a squeeze with all of the new people starting

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you keep hiring we are going to need a bigger kitchen

Worked for AKUNA CAPITAL? Contribute to the Community!