ALDI

www.aldi.com

ALDI Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014
ALDI – Newark – “Outside an Aldi store in Newark, Ohio (Photo…”

Hartmuth Wiesemann

Pros
  • Very competitive pay and benefits, even for the lowest paid employees(in 38 reviews)

• Great Pay, loved the physical part of the job, no need for a gym membership(in 64 reviews)

Cons
  • Difficult to maintain a work life balance of any kind, but know some who managed(in 24 reviews)

• Only hire District Managers just out of school, some it was their very first job they ever had(in 40 reviews)

An excellent stepping stone, but not a career

ProsBenefits
    Gain experience in various areas
    Paid vacation
    Pay

Overall the job seems easy on the outside, however once you begin you see why the "now hiring" sign is always outside of ALDI stores.

ConsConstantly over-worked. The job is demanding both physically and mentally, it seems like no matter how much you improve they always ask for me. But your efforts are never rewarded and seldom acknowledged.

Cool

ProsAwesome I love it best job of all time I wish I lived there they have the freshest produce and cleanest stores ever. The staff is super friendly ill never shop anywhere else again!

ConsNone. Aldi does a great job of taking care of customers and keeping the products in love in stock. I tell all my friends to shop at Aldi.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up good work

Great place to work

Store Manager (Current Employee)

ProsGreat pay, great benefits, paid time off. Challenging work with a supportive company to back you and make you feel appreciated.

ConsMany hours and sometimes overwhelming but you just have to have good time management skills and be able to prioritize.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work. I've worked for other companies across the retail spectrum and this is by far the best company I've worked for.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

District Manager trainee

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood benefit with company car

ConsLong work hours, no support system and micromanaged system

Good job with a good company

Shift Manager/Cashier (Current Employee) Urbana, IL

ProsGood pay compared to other similar jobs, fast paced, nice co-workers, lots of room to move around (and up) in the company.

ConsThe interview process leaves a lot of empty spaces (I didn't know if there were any benefits, time off, etc).

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Great starting wage, but be ready to earn it

Cashier (Former Employee)

ProsComparatively high starting wage, usually around $10 an hour.

ConsThe reason your groceries are so cheap at these stores is not because of the quality of the food, which is comparable to most other grocery stores. It's because where a normal grocery store runs with maybe 20 or so employees per shift, ALDI runs with 3 or so. So be ready to do the work of 5 people for your $10. If you're up to the challenge, its not the worst place to work.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore consistent scheduling. Got used to dreading that 7pm phone call canceling my next days plans.

Horrible job

Assistant Manager (Current Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsBenefits is the only thing I could think of

ConsThe hours are horrible. Some nights you may have to close and then the next day you have to be there at 6am. The company doesn't care for there employes. The pay is good but when your doing 6 different jobs it doesn't add up. The only person that love there job is the store manager because the pay and there bonus check. This is the worst job I ever worked for

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement Is unfair and unprofessional

When employees matters NOT

Shift Manager (Former Employee) Fort Lauderdale, FL

ProsGreat benefits and stores close early

ConsVery hostile, dangerous and environment

Advice to Senior Managementtreat employees better

Great Pay, but with a price

Store Manager (Current Employee) Hazlet, NJ

ProsGreat Pay and Great Benefits

ConsSay goodbye to your personal life. Store manager is the top position you can reach, they don't hire District Manager from within the company. Make sure you cover up all of your tattoos, (new rule, it was perfectly fine for the first 5 years with the company). Battling with the DM for days off on the calendar. No back to back days off allowed for managers, even if its not a weekend.

Advice to Senior ManagementNot that they will read this or do anything about it, but try letting your employees have some input instead of some pencil pusher in the office, crunching numbers giving unrealistic goals for employees.

Hard work for good pay

Shift Manager (Current Employee)

ProsGood Pay, Even better Benefits

ConsIt takes a toll on your body, high turnover, productivity quotas

Worked for ALDI? Contribute to the Community!