ALDI Reviews

668 reviews filtered by
3.1
ALDI Jason Hart
Jason Hart

Pros
  • You are very well compensated for the work that you do, both in pay and benefits (in 52 reviews)

• Great pay and benefits always a need for people so its easy to pick up hrs (in 79 reviews)

Cons
  • Difficult to maintain a work life balance of any kind, but know some who managed (in 35 reviews)

• Most District Managers are right out of college with little or no experience (in 48 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Freedom to make important decisions and the ability to lead and develop people!

I have been working at ALDI full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Very flexible schedule, great pay and benefits, freedom to make decisions

Cons

Very challenging and a lot of responsibility

2. hard work but rewarding

Current Employee - Store Manager in Huntsville, AL
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at ALDI full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay, good benefits, good policies, good upper management

Cons

Hard work long hours high demand for improvement

District Manager

Current Employee - Aldi District Manager
    Current Employee - Aldi District Manager

I have been working at ALDI full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company, great pay, great benefits, autonomy, many perks, great colleagues and leaders, lots of training opportunities, a company that truly cares for its employees and puts people first.

Cons

It's a challenging job but I wouldn't call that a "con"... I love my job!

5. Great job!

Current Employee - Store Associate in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Store Associate in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at ALDI

Pros

Pay, easy work, co-workers and management

Cons

Not enough hours were given per week

Advice to Management

None

6. Great benefits

Current Employee - Cashier in Eastpointe, MI
    Current Employee - Cashier in Eastpointe, MI

I have been working at ALDI

Pros

If you are not afraid of hard work this is the job for you, its a retail job so expect inconsistant hours. They have high expectations, there is no sitting around. And schedules will vary based on store sales. The benefits are worth their weight in gold! As with every job, your experience may differ with management.

Cons

Retail schedule, need I say more! Site works on lean management style so if someone calls off, can be troublesome for those on staff. Always expect a call to come in last minute.

Advice to Management

Upper management, value your good employees!

7. Shift Manager

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Findlay, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Findlay, OH

I have been working at ALDI full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Industry leading pay with benefits available at full time status. Flexible scheduling and vacation time. Always room for promotions. Being able to work quickly and efficiently under pressure is a key requirement for any position in this business. Enables employee to enhance self discipline and time management. Easy communication with upper management.

Cons

Varied shifts often cause issues outside of work. Consistency of scheduling is not existent. Expectations of work are higher than most other jobs in industr.

Advice to Management

Being in a management position it is easy to say that communication is a must during every shift Sometimes information is not given as necessary and can cause issues.

8. Cashier/Shift Manager

Current Employee - Shift Manager in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Shift Manager in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at ALDI full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great pay w/ no experience, awesome benefits, flexible hours, good workout

Cons

Exhausting, life consuming, very physical and stressful

9. Tough job

Current Employee - Shift Manager in York, SC
    Current Employee - Shift Manager in York, SC

I have been working at ALDI (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay, benefits, and insurance.

Cons

Wears your body down, poor management, you are never good enough

Advice to Management

Know what's going on in store and have more management

Learn to balance yourself. Smiling and "How are you?" and "Thanks! Have a great day!" make all the difference!!!

Current Employee - Associate (Bottom Level) in Hendersonville, NC
    Current Employee - Associate (Bottom Level) in Hendersonville, NC

I have been working at ALDI full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Best pay for the type of work. Great benefits. Physically active. The day goes by SUPER fast because you're so busy. Paid lunches. Pay for referrals. Paid vacations. Three paid sick days per year. Five paid holidays (if you don't work then you still get paid your normal wage, if you do work then you get paid the normal wage that you would have if you hadn't worked PLUS 1.5 times for working so you actually get 2.5 times your normal wage!) Aldi adds in $3 per paycheck (biweekly) for you to save for new work shoes every few years. You also get paid an extra dollar per hour on Sundays.

Cons

You have to learn to balance yourself. Aldi says it's about the customers but they also want you to be super fast. But when your super fast your customers think you're rushing them so it's a bad experience for them. You have to find the right balanced speed so that your management is happy and your customers are not rushed. It's a VERY hard balance to find. I cannot stress that enough. It's almost like someone will always be upset, unfortunately. But there are some tricks that your seniors can teach you to help you go faster. And at the same time, smiling and greeting AND thanking EVERY SINGLE CUSTOMER make a huge difference. Get in that habit quick.

Advice to Management

Push your newbies but treat them with respect. They are people too. They are not your slaves or children that you can talk down to. Give them goals, don't threaten them. Give genuine praise often and they will take your corrective criticism more seriously and work harder to apply it. Yes you have numbers you need to meet but people are individuals and they learn differently and at different speeds. I had my codes memorized in a few days and once I do something two or three times on my own I don't need to ask for help anymore. But I also build up speed slower than others. I'm a hard worker but I started out slower. I've been here for two months and only in the last week have I hit 40+ items per minute and 1000+ items per hour. And my first few weeks was nothing but register. Once I know my way around my job and I have more experience, I'll be great at it, I know that. It may not happen on my first day but it will happen. And I'm one who will stay with a job for years and years. Remember that when you have new ones. Give them a chance. From what I hear, Aldi has a hard time holding onto employees. Now I know why. You can loose good employees if you don't treat them right and give them a chance. My store manager is great. My training manager was a you know what to me and had a reputation of being that way with others. She treated me like I was five and she yelled at me. Even the other trainees noticed it. There's nothing professional about that and there no way I'll EVER sub at her store. Don't be that manager. Oh and don't forget to joke with and laugh with your employees, it goes a very long way in building a team spirit :)

11. Front end cashier

Former Employee - Cashier in Cicero, IL
    Former Employee - Cashier in Cicero, IL

I worked at ALDI part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

At my location my co-workers were great. They are great with giving you time off as long as you give them a two week notice. I also really liked the enviorment and you start to form relationships with loyal customers .

Cons

There is no set schedual. Also ,the time you are schedualed to get off is not the time you will get out. Cashiers do the other departments returns and also have to help other departments if they are backed up with work.