ALDI Reviews

Reset
3.1
ALDI Jason Hart
Jason Hart

Pros
  • Great starting pay and benefits (in 52 reviews)

• Great pay and benefits always a need for people so its easy to pick up hrs (in 79 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is nonexistent (in 35 reviews)

• Most District Managers are right out of college with little or no experience (in 48 reviews)

1. Featured Review

District Manager

Current Employee - Aldi District Manager
    Current Employee - Aldi District Manager

I have been working at ALDI full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company, great pay, great benefits, autonomy, many perks, great colleagues and leaders, lots of training opportunities, a company that truly cares for its employees and puts people first.

Cons

It's a challenging job but I wouldn't call that a "con"... I love my job!

No one "likes" work... however...

Current Employee - Shift Leader in Buffalo, NY
    Current Employee - Shift Leader in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at ALDI full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's a physically hard job, with a lot of initial information over load (no training makes that far more stressful.) Affordable health insurance coverage. The days for the most part fly by because you work as hard and as fast as you can 100% of the time. The customers are usually very pleasant, and know the companies systems (ex: only having 1 cashier, switching carts, being neat with boxes, buying or bringing their bags, having payments ready before being cashed out) Opportunity to advance is easier in slower volume/smaller staffed stores - however training is sparse or non-existing. It -is- a wonderful job, when under the right leadership, and they reward you financially as you climb the ranks, and are happy to promote within.

Cons

Upper Management is a constant revolving door, it makes the direction in the store, on a day to day basis sometimes impossible. Train, train, train. They need to dedicate time to training. Increase work life balance - I get punished for weeks on the schedule when needing a particular day off - understand that no one can be available 24-7 indefinitely for years without needing days off for doctors, car repairs, etc. Can't remember the last time I didn't work through my lunch break because that's the only way I can get all of my work done when it's just me (shift manager) with 1 cashier.

Advice to Management

When employees that have been with the company for many years start quitting, raise an eyebrow - when your entire staff quits, address the problem. My store has been abandoned by upper management, and it's disappointing.

3. Overall a great company

Current Employee - Cashier in Toledo, OH
    Current Employee - Cashier in Toledo, OH

I have been working at ALDI part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great pay and benefits. My manager was very flexible with my schedule. Overall this is a company who respects their employees. They definitely care about the health and safety of their employees.

Cons

Too many chiefs and not enough Indians. It seems like there is a continuous change in upper management. The hours are crazy and the shifts are long.

Advice to Management

The district managers are constantly changing and by the time you are comfortable with one they switch districts or get let go.

5. Cool Spot

Current Employee - Cashier in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Cashier in Dallas, TX

Pros

This is a cool spot to work, you aren't required to do all that much and the pay is alright.

Cons

I can't say anything bad about this spot. you get a lot of freedom and I like that. I don't think a lot of the people care about this job long term so no one really gives you much trouble.

6. Cashier

Pros

Good pay for cashier job Great benefits Always something to do, never get bored

Cons

They constantly push you to go faster, unload pallets and ringing customers out. If someone else does not finish their work you have to pick up their slack and often have to stay late to complete it. Customers often get mad at how fast you are suppose to scan their items Variable schedule

7. district manager

Pros

great flexibility and pay, trust in employees

Cons

retail hours are tough by nature

Work, work, work

Former Employee - Cashier/Associate
    Former Employee - Cashier/Associate

I worked at ALDI full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great pay, great benefits. My store managers honors time off requests as much as he can. Great company to move up in. You get out, what you put in. Very hard work & NO we don't sit in a chair all day long!

Cons

Cashiers can only do so much when you have shift managers that can't run their shifts. When we're short staffed, man, the whole store can feel it. 0 consistency when it comes to scheduling. The customers.... And if someone's lazy, you're expected to pick up their slack. Good luck getting a break in. You feel like, if you leave the sales floor the store will burn down.

Advice to Management

Have every single person accept responsibility for their actions. I'm not doing some thing right, let me know. A shift isn't doing something right, let them know! I love feedback. I accept feedback. And I grow from feedback. Yet I don't get any!

9. District Manager

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at ALDI full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay, benefits, schedule, responsibility, freedom, trust, insurance, company car, vacation, training, mentors, company culture, being treated as an executive from day 1

Cons

It can be high stress. Having freedom means you are responsible for being efficient with your time. Unexpected tasks arise fairly often.

Advice to Management

To focus on the main things and ensure long term focus on the basics. To streamline information in order to facilitate the previously stated goal.

10. Great Place to work!

Current Employee - District Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - District Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at ALDI full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Ownership, Pay, Benefits, Work Environment. Company is very ethical and fair in its decision making processes and does a great job on creating a motivating work culture.

Cons

Running a retail store in itself can be very stressful due to its unpredictability.The job can also be very different things to different people based off the leader they have-- you have to be able to adapt to the leaders you have and the team you are given-- this is more a challenge than a con.

11. Good company

Current Employee - Store Manager Trainee in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Store Manager Trainee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at ALDI full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pay, very friendly people, and enjoyable work environment. Everyone works very hard and are helpful with new staff members.

Cons

Lots of hard work if you are not willing to come to work and give a 100% effort everyday you will not last.

Advice to Management

There should be a standardized training program that new employees go through. Training is acceptable however only because the people working in the stores want to see each other do well

RSS Feed </> Embed