ALDI Reviews

Reset
3.3
ALDI Jason Hart
Jason Hart

Pros
  • Great starting pay and benefits (in 52 reviews)

• Great pay and benefits always a need for people so its easy to pick up hrs (in 79 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is nonexistent (in 35 reviews)

• Most District Managers are right out of college with little or no experience (in 48 reviews)

1. Featured Review

District Manager

Current Employee - Aldi District Manager
    Current Employee - Aldi District Manager

I have been working at ALDI full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company, great pay, great benefits, autonomy, many perks, great colleagues and leaders, lots of training opportunities, a company that truly cares for its employees and puts people first.

Cons

It's a challenging job but I wouldn't call that a "con"... I love my job!

No one "likes" work... however...

Current Employee - Shift Leader in Buffalo, NY
    Current Employee - Shift Leader in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at ALDI full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's a physically hard job, with a lot of initial information over load (no training makes that far more stressful.) Affordable health insurance coverage. The days for the most part fly by because you work as hard and as fast as you can 100% of the time. The customers are usually very pleasant, and know the companies systems (ex: only having 1 cashier, switching carts, being neat with boxes, buying or bringing their bags, having payments ready before being cashed out) Opportunity to advance is easier in slower volume/smaller staffed stores - however training is sparse or non-existing. It -is- a wonderful job, when under the right leadership, and they reward you financially as you climb the ranks, and are happy to promote within.

Cons

Upper Management is a constant revolving door, it makes the direction in the store, on a day to day basis sometimes impossible. Train, train, train. They need to dedicate time to training. Increase work life balance - I get punished for weeks on the schedule when needing a particular day off - understand that no one can be available 24-7 indefinitely for years without needing days off for doctors, car repairs, etc. Can't remember the last time I didn't work through my lunch break because that's the only way I can get all of my work done when it's just me (shift manager) with 1 cashier.

Advice to Management

When employees that have been with the company for many years start quitting, raise an eyebrow - when your entire staff quits, address the problem. My store has been abandoned by upper management, and it's disappointing.

3. district manager

Pros

great flexibility and pay, trust in employees

Cons

retail hours are tough by nature

5. Great Place to work!

Current Employee - District Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - District Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at ALDI full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Ownership, Pay, Benefits, Work Environment. Company is very ethical and fair in its decision making processes and does a great job on creating a motivating work culture.

Cons

Running a retail store in itself can be very stressful due to its unpredictability.The job can also be very different things to different people based off the leader they have-- you have to be able to adapt to the leaders you have and the team you are given-- this is more a challenge than a con.

6. District Manager

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at ALDI full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay, benefits, schedule, responsibility, freedom, trust, insurance, company car, vacation, training, mentors, company culture, being treated as an executive from day 1

Cons

It can be high stress. Having freedom means you are responsible for being efficient with your time. Unexpected tasks arise fairly often.

Advice to Management

To focus on the main things and ensure long term focus on the basics. To streamline information in order to facilitate the previously stated goal.

7. Good company

Current Employee - Store Manager Trainee in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Store Manager Trainee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at ALDI full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pay, very friendly people, and enjoyable work environment. Everyone works very hard and are helpful with new staff members.

Cons

Lots of hard work if you are not willing to come to work and give a 100% effort everyday you will not last.

Advice to Management

There should be a standardized training program that new employees go through. Training is acceptable however only because the people working in the stores want to see each other do well

8. Intern-District Manager

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Frederick, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Frederick, MD

Pros

Aldi is a great German Company, that is really committed to bring value to each customer. It's rapid expension makes it attractive to move up the career path more quickly.

Cons

Nothing I can think of.

9. Very physical

Current Employee - Store Associate in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Store Associate in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at ALDI full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great pay. Benefits are amazing. If you have a good store manager it is great place.

Cons

Very dependent on how motivated or lazy the manager is. Worked at great stores and ones where people leave like flies. They set the tone for the whole store. Make sure you go to the store you are interested in and ask the other associates. District managers aren't real honest about promotions and timelines. Most are so overworked and inexperienced they just don't know how to deal with crappy managers so nothing happens

Advice to Management

More management oversight and accountability

Great company for college students

Current Employee - Warehouse Picker in Center Valley, PA
    Current Employee - Warehouse Picker in Center Valley, PA

Pros

Good pay, good employees to stand beside (most of the time), focused and professional, clean and safe workplace with options with a good 401k, time off and tons of flexiblity for college students, aldi is helping me completely pay off my college.

Cons

You must be focused and professionalism is expected as it always should be. You must preform at a speed up to aldi standards and you could be fired if you fall behind, but it is easy to keep up with if you stay focused. Cant really talk, and the work place can tire anyone down and is hazardous. Must be 18

Great Place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Pros

One of the best places in which I have worked. 12.35 starting and since everyone is responsible for the same duties it's no arguing who's job is whose. Yes it requires us to be fast but that's not a bad thing considering that other jobs can be worse. They always check you take your full brake or you have to get an extra break pay.

Cons

If you're not a morning person you won't like going in at 6 am.

RSS Feed </> Embed