ALDI Reviews

Updated August 27, 2014
Updated August 27, 2014

3.1

Hartmuth Wiesemann

Pros
  • Very competitive pay and benefits, even for the lowest paid employees (in 38 reviews)

• Great Pay, loved the physical part of the job, no need for a gym membership (in 64 reviews)

Cons
  • Difficult to maintain a work life balance of any kind, but know some who managed (in 24 reviews)

• Only hire District Managers just out of school, some it was their very first job they ever had (in 40 reviews)

More Highlights

Store Manager in Training

Former Employee - Manager In Training  in  South Florida, FL
    Former Employee - Manager In Training in South Florida, FL

I worked at ALDI full-time

Pros

Busy work, Always moving. Time goes by fast, Paid Lunch, Over-Time, Nice Salary, No time for Drama, Fast Paced.

Cons

If you are looking for a job where you can just skate bye...Then don't come here. Only 3 associates on the majority of the day. you and 2 others will have 3 hours in the morning to receive and stock 26 pallets from dry goods to freezer and walk-in...this is not a con, just a warning that when you clock on...you will not stop moving until your shift is done. you three don't finish the truck, then you will stay after to complete it so the night shift can do their jobs. this is a TEAM environment..If one person can't pull their weight...you will have to make up for it.

Training is very well laid out. You will be competing with other MIT's in the area for Store Management Position. Bust your Butt and keep a fast pace from the moment you walk in to the moment you walk out. This will feel like boot camp at first so be ready. All holidays are paid and closed...Survival of the fittest...very rewarding...Loved working there. Had to relocate so my time was up.

Demanding, yet rewarding experience

Former Employee - District Manager  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - District Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at ALDI full-time for more than a year

Pros

Executive Level at a young age, freedom to make your own decisions and learn from the mistakes that you have made. Seeing the people you hire grow and develop around you is very satisfying.

Cons

It is almost like you are a Glorified Babysitter. There are very few times when you are rewarded for quality work. Same salary for all DMs regardless of sales volume of your stores. Salary dependent upon length with company.

Take it by the Horns, and be proactive. This is not a consulting position. Type A personality often recommended.

Great work experience for a retail career

Former Employee - Casual
    Former Employee - Casual

I worked at ALDI part-time

Pros

Constantly working hard. Pushes you physically.

Cons

The people in charge have no leadership or communication qualifications. These are essential tools to create a positive working environment.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great culture

I have been working at ALDI

Pros

You work hard and time flies. Pays well for the work.

Cons

It can get a bit stressful.

Best place to work very .

Current Employee - Warehouse Supervisor  in  South Windsor, CT
    Current Employee - Warehouse Supervisor in South Windsor, CT

I have been working at ALDI full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great hours and great people.

Cons

Employees very friendly and management works hard to make a far yet friendly environment . Hours and benefits you can not beat.

Great Start!

Current Employee - Stock Assistant  in  Stratford-upon-Avon, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Stock Assistant in Stratford-upon-Avon, England (UK)

I have been working at ALDI part-time for less than a year

Pros

I must admit, following the reviews I read on here I was a little apprehensive about starting in my new job as a 'Stock Assistant' in the Stratford-upon-Avon store. Following my first week, I can say that I have thoroughly enjoyed it! I was greeted with a very warm welcome and the managers and floor staff have all been very supportive (and patient!) and I can honestly say that I couldn't have wished for better colleagues and managers! The pay is also excellent for a 16 year old and is even still set to rise! Now is a great time to join this prosperous business.

Cons

My only issue is that I can't fit in as many hours as I'd like when I start at sixth form in September!

Keep it up and this company will continue to prosper!

Love it!! Can't wait to progress!

Current Employee - Store Assistant  in  Sudbury, East of England, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Store Assistant in Sudbury, East of England, England (UK)

I have been working at ALDI full-time for less than a year

Pros

Obviously the pay is very generous but yes they expect you to earn it! Our store is a very close group and I was welcomed with open arms. You get out what you put in. If you show kindness and respect you will receive it and show hard work and my management team shows appreciation and praises your hard work. I love my job and hope to be promoted to deputy soon!

Cons

Hard work. If your idle don't apply you won't like it :)

Great Company to work for

Current Employee - DM Intern  in  Olathe, KS
    Current Employee - DM Intern in Olathe, KS

I have been working at ALDI as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Aldi is a great company to work for and they seem to hire people with similar personalities so everybody gets along really well and are all working toward the same goal

Cons

The fast paced environment may turn some people off who are more used to a slow and steady kind of job. The job really does not seem to be for the faint of heart, if you are not motivated its definitely not for you.

Continue to allow the people farther down the hierarchy make leadership decisions that effect them most. This has seemed to keep employees motivated and happy.

great place to work

I have been working at ALDI

Pros

pay, fun, and challenging okace

Cons

hours, weekends, reactive bosses, produce

ALDI is very fast paced but has good benefits.

I have been working at ALDI

Pros

good pay for the position of a store associate. I only need a part time job so getting paid higher than minimum wage is a plus.

Cons

busy schedule, I'm not sure yet if the scheduling will work out with my extra activities, but the store manager said it would.

Worked for ALDI? Contribute to the Community!