ALDI Reviews

1. Great company

Current Employee - Warehouse Picker in Center Valley, PA
    Current Employee - Warehouse Picker in Center Valley, PA

I have been working at ALDI

Pros

Great Benifits. High pay. Nice hours.

Cons

Tough physical labor. Nor for the lazy.

Hard work longer hours good pay

Current Employee - Manager Trainee in Ada, OK
    Current Employee - Manager Trainee in Ada, OK

I have been working at ALDI

Pros

Good pay plenty of hours

Cons

Unrealistic views of management very what I say goes type of atmosphere.

Be open to employees suggestions

3. Would NOT recommend to anyone......

Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Richlandtown, PA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Richlandtown, PA

I worked at ALDI

Pros

Seemingly high hourly rate. They do have fairly inexpensive benefits.

Cons

They make the cashiers do EVERYTHING. They time EVERY move you make during the course of your shift.

Care more about the customers instead of acting like you do, then not listening to their complaints.

Most of these glowing reviews have to be phony! Not one person I work with thinks this a great job.

Current Employee - Cashier in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Cashier in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at ALDI

Pros

The only thing good about this job is the pay, but look out because Wal Mart and Hobby Lobby are catching up.

Cons

This company will break your back as you will always work short handed with no breaks ever. There will never be more than 3 people working at a time. Aldi does not care about their people at all only the money. They will break your spirit, run away fast , it is not worth it.

Show some basic human decency, employees are not machines, we all need a break. We can not work 8 to 10 hours with no break, it is inhumane.

Good insurance not so go store management

Former Employee - Cashier
    Former Employee - Cashier

I worked at ALDI

Pros

Pay and insurance is good

Cons

In store management is awful. You will spend your time and days off working.

Best of the best

Current Employee - District Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - District Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at ALDI full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

At Aldi you work with a team of people that are the best of the best, so no more picking up other peoples slack. The company takes excellent care of its people when it comes to pay, benefits, and treating you well. Aldi is a very solid company as well and will be around for a long time. Aldi has a very flat structure which means promotions increase pay by large amounts, information travels fast, and each person matters more to the team. The best part of Aldi is the people, once you are past the training stage you look around and realize that every person in the company is not only hard working and caring, but also in general just great people to spend your time with. At Aldi, challenging tasks are taken on by teams like a game because they all have fun doing it and a sense of group pride when it is over.

Cons

Aldi only has cons if you are not the right type of person to work there. Like I said, Aldi is the best of the best, so that means that you have work very hard to get up to par. Aldi gives you excellent training to get there, but prepare yourself to work harder than you ever have during your first year there. After your first year, you become much more efficient and are no longer working with the best, you are the best.

Continue supporting new staff, with very exiting expansions going on, new hires are going to continue being vital to the company. An extra focus on training (without hitting spmh) would help support new hires as they adjust to the Aldi pace and ultimately reduce turnover and increase operational skills of the staff.

Very physical Job but good place to work.

Current Employee - Supervisor
    Current Employee - Supervisor

I have been working at ALDI full-time

Pros

The pay and benefits are excellent compared to similar jobs in that industry. Advancement is easy with some seriously hard work and attention to detail. No politics when it comes to advancement just good old fashion hard work and I'm glad because I have no idea how to schmooze and have no desire to. I've seen people promoted in their early 20's here for store management positions and i've also seen a turn around time of 2 years or less for store managers and that salary is not far off from what a Phd would make with 8-12yrs of schooling.

Cons

Now for the bad news, which i'm happy to say isn't that bad. You are working hard. Some jobs will have a janitor, a number of sales associates, stockers, assistant manager and supervisors on staff in one shift. You are all those things. Even though ALDI is known for allowing it's employees to sit down and ring customers up please do not believe for a second that this is going to be the norm. Aldi is in the midst of change and the challenge of having minimal bodies and a crap load of work is changing, among other things, so the future looks much brighter.

They are already working on those aspects of store operations that I find to be problematic. But thx for bringing more people aboard.

Think twice before leaving another job to work for Aldi!

I worked at ALDI

Pros

The pay is good if you are a store manager or manager trainee...otherwise the $12 an hour wage for the cashier position is not worth all of the manual labor.

Cons

The nice pay is not worth the sheer hell this company puts its employees through! You are ALWAYS understaffed and expected to do the job of several employees. You are never given any positive feedback and no matter how hard you work it's never good enough. Upper mgmt allows other employees to harass and mistreat new employees and does nothing about it other than tell you "it's a tough training program". Worse workplace harassment I have ever dealt with. I'm shocked they aren't being sued left and right for a hostile work environment!

Take complaints seriously from employees when it involves a hostile work environment...you are setting yourself up for a lawsuit. Especially when the employee knows that this type of work environment is illegal and keeps a daily journal of events like I have.

Manager Trainee

I have been working at ALDI

Pros

The pay is ok..but they should pay more for the work they expect

Cons

Unrealistic goals , only two employees on a shift.must stock entire store in three hours daily with only two employees. .this is slavery BEWARE! !!

HIRE MORE STAFF STOP BEING CHEAP!

11. Cashier

I worked at ALDI

Pros

Good pay and nice people

Cons

None. It is a good place to work.

Be nice