ALE Solutions

Robert Zimmers

Nice office, lower pay

Current Employee - Hotel Coordinator Assistant in Saint Charles, IL
    Current Employee - Hotel Coordinator Assistant in Saint Charles, IL

I have been working at ALE Solutions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Overall positive staff teams; not a difficult job; nice job mission.

Cons

Not ideal hours; cubicle call center enviornment; lower pay than I expected

Complete lack of humanity for a company that deals w/ disasters...

Former Employee - Hotel Support Specialist in Saint Charles, IL
    Former Employee - Hotel Support Specialist in Saint Charles, IL

I worked at ALE Solutions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

My immediate co-workers (when we weren't glued to our phones and we actually got to interact) were wonderful people.
    The pay was better than what I was used to (but it would have to be to get anyone to stay here).

Cons

I started work here in a few months ago, and first of all let me say-this is a sink or swim type of company. The training is minimal at best and you are basically expected to teach yourself the in's and out's of a complicated computer program.

I worked in the hotel department and had a terrible experience with my supervisor. I fell pregnant shortly after starting my employment with this company and notified my supervisor almost immediately due to the pregnancy being high risk in nature. I ended up experiencing complications and requested a day off to take the recommended bed rest by my doctor. I was begrudgingly given this, but told I would have to have a meeting to discuss my attendance. (keeping in mind I had never called off before and worked almost 20 hours of overtime in the previous two weeks). In fear of losing my job, I returned to work the next day through complications, and wound up in the ER that night and miscarried my child. I returned to work again the next day while still actively having a miscarriage because I was not allowed time off to heal physically, let alone emotionally.

People are fired left and right at this company. In the less than three months I worked here I witnessed at least 15 different people being fired for various reasons, so this coupled with the threatening way I was told I would have a "meeting regarding attendance issues" led me to believe my job was in jeopardy.

I was called into a meeting 3 days after my miscarriage and told that my call numbers were not up to par, and was given a completely outrageous number as an expectation. (I was not the only person in my position to believe this number was unrealistic, 5 people in my same position agreed that it was unattainable.) My thought process is that by giving me this expectation they believed this would force me into quitting, or it would give them a reasonable excuse as to why they would have to fire me in 2 weeks.

For a company who deals with people who have lost everything, your compassion and empathy for other human beings is non-existent. I may not have lost my home, but I lost my child and a part of me. And I was your employee. This situation could have been handled so much better.

Also, as far as the unrealistic number you wanted me to reach... If you continue to value productivity over customer service you are doing yourself and your customers a horrible disservice.

Company owner is very concerned with status and how many people will put her on a pedestal to maintain employment

I worked at ALE Solutions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Occasionally compassionate with personal issues

Cons

No training, must learn on the job
    Everyone is brown nosing and trying to make owners notice them and do not work effectively or cohesively
    Inconsistent management of employees
    Asked to work insane hours and not told in advance

Get off your pedestal and start being more concerned with the employees and business as opposed to being a star in Hollywood and getting on t.v.

OK job for temporary work

I worked at ALE Solutions

Pros

The location was very convenient for me. I liked how I was able to leave for lunch whenever I wanted as long as I came back in an hour-- however most other employees had a set scheduled lunch so not too many people were out at once.

Cons

I never really felt like I got to know any of the managers or owners. No one ever went out of their way to get to know me or introduce themselves. I did notice that their were people constantly starting or leaving.

DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY YIKES!

I worked at ALE Solutions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I worked for this company for almost a year. The woman who was responsible for my dept was the nastiest woman I have EVER worked for. The turnover is astronomical. Why? Because the staff is encouraged to act as though they are still in high school. I have never in my life worked at a company that had so much drama and such a "clique". I felt like it was the popluar cheerleaders against the rest of us. I was told I was too talkative, so I kept conversations with co-workers to a minimum, then I was called in to the office because I was too quiet! I was in my 40's when I worked there, so I was not someone who had no experience. I never missed a day or came in late etc. I worked very hard. Eventually I had to resign when I was driving in to work or home and sobbing the whole way. I am happy to report that I work in a small office now and get along with everyone superbly. best thing I ever did was QUIT!!

Cons

If you are over the age of 12, the info above is self explanatory.

Management needs to open their eyes to the fact that their management team is downright nasty to the employees. If I hadn't had to find a job right away and get back to work to pay my bills, I would have sued the company for harassment. Thing is, there was a former employee suing the company when I was hired!That should have been my first clue... GROW UP PEOPLE

ALE Solutions was by far the worst company I have ever worked for.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Charles, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Charles, IL

I worked at ALE Solutions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Unfortunately, I can not name one pro. It's truly a struggle to look past the dishonest management, unhappy employees, terrible hours, gossiping women, and terrible pay.

Cons

If you are reading this and considering accepting a job offer from this company, do NOT do it. The positive reviews on here are written by the vice president of ALE. This company is ran by two-faced, backstabbing women who have no respect for their employees. ALE is not accredited by the Better Business Bureau so their insane turnover and poor employee environment is not public.

Company that provides growth and career development opportunities

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Charles, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Charles, IL

I have been working at ALE Solutions full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

ALE exceeded my expectations in terms of opportunity for growth and overall career development. The company typically promotes from within which motivates the hard working employees. The benefits are above par. The environment is warm and very team focused. I was surprised to see so many negative reviews from what I presume to be disgruntled past employees. It's unfortunate these reviews could potentially hinder an individual from seeking employment opportunities and gain what could be a very meaningful & beneficial career.

Cons

Working for a temporary housing company means the work load can increase during catastrophes; creating an opportunity for overtime and longer work days. This industry is not well suited for individuals who want to be able to come to work and plan out their day and work volume.

Opportunity to Learn and Grow!

I have been working at ALE Solutions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

This company is quick to promote when they see talent, and the work done is extremely rewarding. Your chances of moving up at ALE are very high in your first year of employment as ALE grew through a tough economy and continues grow rapidly. Furthermore the work we do is important, meaningful, and rewarding. Simply put, we help families in turbulent times find temporary housing. You wouldn't believe how grateful people are to have us here to help :).

On top of that I love being a part of an organization where autonomy is valued. Micromanagement is simply nonexistent, however, if you do steer off course they are quick to correct. Overall this is a wonderful opportunity to learn and grow as most employees start off entry level and then are promoted through the ranks. I would recommend this company to anyone who wants an opportunity to grow professionally and be rewarded personally.

Cons

The work environment can be stressful by nature of what we do. Dealing with families who have just lost everything, day in and day out, is simply not easy. It's very helpful that the employees here pull together to get the job done though at the end of the day you can feel a little worn out. Scheduling can be nutty as ALE works 24/7 365. There is never a time when we don't need someone to be here for these families.

Keep rewarding employees for the hard work they put in, and continue to explore and expand upon the great benefits this company already offers. Continue to foster this companies culture both through internal engagement and community initiatives that reflect the employees' values.

Bait & Switch

I worked at ALE Solutions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The compensation is about average.

Cons

Dishonest and unprofessional leadership. I was hired verbally for a position that offered a generous pay range including monthly bonus program. The altered my offer suddenly just prior to me starting to a job that was menial and the pay was 50% less than the original offer. They said a current employee was promoted to the job they offered to me initially.
    I decided to try out the new position despite the large pay cut because I was told I was in line for a promotion and pay raise within 3 months of starting and could bring my salary back up to what it should have been originally.
    After working there for about a month I discovered they lied about the promoting from within, they actually hired someone from outside the company that ended up quitting shortly there after.
    They also lied about what my job responsibilities were.

There is a revolving door at this company, they are constantly hiring new people to replace the people that quit in frustration.
    The work environment is hostile, and the job is thankless.

I ended up getting a much better job offer and quit after almost 6 months.

Operate with integrity.

Horrid Management

Former Employee - Hotel Coordinator
    Former Employee - Hotel Coordinator

I worked at ALE Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great health insurance and good location in downtown St. Charles near shops and restaurants.

Cons

Management. Especially in the Hotel Department. The leadership system at this company is always family friends of the owners which leads to a constant state of ignorance.

I would advise management to stop worrying about their eyelash refills and worry about their people. The morale is vital to the company and the people are more than willing got work as best they can once you stop insulting them.