ALLDATA Reviews

Updated September 10, 2014
Updated September 10, 2014
2.1

Jeffery W. Lagges

it is a wonderful job I love the product and my customers.

Current Employee - Field Sales Representative  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Field Sales Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at ALLDATA full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

you feel you are helping your customer and giving them a great product at a real deal of a price

Cons

the upper management is a joke Jeff and Kevin. they keep messing with your pay and try to keep you in front of your computer and not in front of the customer. the company has really lost it's way. they are not sure what type of company they want to be. they seem to spend a lot of money on products that customers don't want instead of improving the product that has made them great. like alldata repair and manage. one of the products they have come out with is alldata mobile app. this is going to be a great product, but they introduced it to soon

come out with a comp plan that works, most of the charge back is cause by lack of training by alldata support. customers become frustrated with products and cancel. I can't blame them. We need new leadership that has a real direction and with new ideas. I've been with alldata 13 years and this by far is the worst.

Tough gig - micro managed like never before.

Former Employee - Account Executive  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at ALLDATA full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some nice people working there...

Cons

They decided to create an Account Executive role, focus on current customers ie retention and sales. The old way was for sales reps to just sell - not support - and some customers had not been visited in 10 years. Idea of the role was great - but management just couldn't stop doing it 'the old way'.

Requirements: visit at least 12 current customers a day. When you visit a customer who hasn't seen anyone in many years - there are most likely issues, complaints, etc. So, follow-up work is needed. The company did not care about the followup and time it look to restore relationships, just sell something and help the customer quickly if you can and see 12 customers a day. Period. Oh, and sell. You must sell. They have (or had? ) a horrible MARKETING solution that literally most of the shops canceled within 3 mos.

The role, which could have been a great one, turned into what seemed like a 24 hour commitment. Followup issues had to be done after hours, since so many shops had to be visited and the company completely abandoned the idea of retention and happy customers. Just sell the disastrous 3rd party software that caused you a chargeback and ruined whatever relationship you had finally built with the customer.

They had a great idea, but just couldn't change the way they had always done things. Micro managed like I had never experienced and work hours that started at 6am to 8pm (for those of us that cared about our customers and tried to take care of the issues they were experiencing). If you like to micro managed and spend your entire day driving to shop to shop - have at it.

I'm just happy to not be working there anymore. Never experienced anything like it, and I hope to never again. Which is sad to me, since their REPAIR software is great.

The worst employee atmosphere EVER!

Former Employee - Sales Representative  in  Elk Grove, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Elk Grove, CA

I worked at ALLDATA full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The only good thing about working here is you have a J.O.B. They have some decent medical insurance, but nothing good beyond that. If you need a job desperately, then this will work for you. If you have a job, do not quit it to work for this company. It will be one of the worst decisions you ever make.

Cons

This place will micro manage you till you can't take the pressure anymore. They expect you to work 24/7/365. Imagine if you will, you are enjoying Christmas with your family and you get 2 to 3 emails about making sure you have some work set up for the following day. Go out and sell, sell, sell. They have absolutely no respect for family, holidays or vacation time. They do this EVERYDAY! I am not exagerating folks. There have a been a lot of people quiting this company in the last year. That should tell you something!
    You will never get a promotion at this company. All upper management is hired off the street, not from within.

Management has no idea what they are doing. As long as they get theirs, everyone else can just suffer. Although I heard on good authority they replaced the main cause of this companies problems, they didn't fire him, they just demoted him several levels and fired the guys below him. Amazing how some people fair thru the negitive issues they created.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sales Rep

Current Employee - Sales Representative  in  Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at ALLDATA full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Was a great company to work for!

Cons

Micro manage now and they are more concerned about how many accounts I see daily than the bottom line - SALES!

Have more respect for the field and get their input! They are your eyes and ears in the field!

Underpaid

Current Employee - Technical Support  in  Elk Grove, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Support in Elk Grove, CA

I have been working at ALLDATA full-time for more than a year

Pros

It is a job. It is a job. It is a job.

Cons

Horrible management. There is no direction and they are trying to copy Apple business model which is silly for the industry they are in. Town hall meetings were about how Apple does things.

Lies and more lies!!

Current Employee - Senior UI Developer  in  Elk Grove, CA
    Current Employee - Senior UI Developer in Elk Grove, CA

I have been working at ALLDATA full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Only weekends ..oh don't forger the crappy coffee and the tea ..

Cons

No room for growth.. Company is plunging down due to the lack of direction upper management has

Stop sugar coating the reviews .. Most of the good reviews come from probably the CEO family which makes this company a family business ( entire family is employ here)

Was a great place to work. Incompetent leadership is driving the company into the ground

I have been working at ALLDATA full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

At this time there are none.

Cons

Wrong people in the wrong roles. No products to support industry needs

Clean house at upper and middle management levels

If you love technology, innovation, and working in a competitive environment - you need to be here.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Elk Grove, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Elk Grove, CA

I have been working at ALLDATA full-time for more than a year

Pros

New suite of products including mobile apps! New building, easy going staff and management. Great place if you need little or no supervision and take complete ownership of your work. Really nice gym. Huge parking lot, no stressful downtown style BS parking. Generous 401k and flex time for some positions. Coffee, tea, water, fresh fruit is provided by management. Warning: if you are looking for a state type gig, you will not like it here, new management, staff, and company direction will push you to bring fire to the table daily.

Cons

Not impressed with health insurance benefits from AutoZone.

Way too many negative people taking up space and resources. You know who they are, cut em some severance and give them the boot. These people drag morale and productivity to the floor.

The best job experiences of my life have happened here.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Elk Grove, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Elk Grove, CA

I have been working at ALLDATA full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

This company has long term stability and reasonable expectations. Management is improving over time and attrition rates are falling. There is still a familial culture in place, and long term employees are helpful and welcoming to new hires.

Cons

Compensation packages are on the low side of average. Parent company imposes cultural structure that is at times a poor fit for a technology company. There are too many meetings without formal agendas.

Institute a profit sharing program that moves all the way down through the organization. Most of the retention this company enjoys is produced by people who fall below the threshold for bonuses and much of the new product development is produced and managed by people who fall below bonus thresholds. Re-study hourly versus salary rules and decisions, and treat all employees as though they are valued and respected.

A dream that turned into a nightmare

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Elk Grove, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Elk Grove, CA

I worked at ALLDATA full-time

Pros

Many great people to work with. Reasonable pay and benefits. Nice facility.

Cons

A huge disconnect between senior managment and the rest of the company. An environment that causes a very high turnover rate in key technology positions and sales. No sick time for hourly employees. Lack of planning and executing has opened the door for competitors to gain market share and put the company's long term outlook at risk.

You need to take action to restore credibility and trust between yourselves and the rest of the company. One step I would suggest would be to stop adding beliefs, cultural messages and slogans. AutoZone has a set of values that has served them well for many years. Why pretend to push the AutoZone culture and then add so much other cultural stuff that only applies to ALLDATA? This is not only sending a mixed message. It has added confusion and made employees shake their heads while trying to keep track of it all.

Worked for ALLDATA? Contribute to the Community!