ALTEN Reviews

2.4

ALTEN Président Directeur Général Simon Azoulay
Simon Azoulay

OK environment to work

I have been working at ALTEN

Pros

Good employee but less pay hence all quit here due to this reason

Cons

Bad work culture to support

Not so much as they were not following consultants

I worked at ALTEN full-time for more than a year

Pros

They have contact with some interesting companies and offer then by this way some experiences.

Cons

They are not following people correctly neither supporting them. Salary package also not special.

Should improve their managers work, implications and knowledge.

When you get the role of the cash cow everything is OK but if you want to change it and ask more it's a hell

Current Employee - Consultant  in  Paris (France)
    Current Employee - Consultant in Paris (France)

I have been working at ALTEN full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

It's may be good to have a first experience for understanding the consultancy world and be introduced in the big companies processes

Cons

Almost all of the rest. Pray to get at the beginning a long term mission. If not your inter-missions periods (inter-contrat) will quickly turn to be a nightmare. All your managers want you to say is : yes I want this mission

Tell the truth, be transparent

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The worst company I've ever been. Human meat butcher company.

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Madrid (Spain)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Madrid (Spain)

I have been working at ALTEN full-time for more than a year

Pros

The work/life balance depending on the client. There isn't more pros, it's a really bad company to work for.

Cons

No career opportunities and benefits if you work in a client.
    The company values and culture suck, there aren't any events and I only know the colleages who work in the client with me.
    Each manager has 100 employers to attend, he is very busy to dedicate 1 min to you.
    Poor salary.
    The worst company I've never work for.

Big company but small company feel, they are just like a start-up in the US.

Former Employee - Vice President of Business Development  in  San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Vice President of Business Development in San Jose, CA

I worked at ALTEN full-time for less than a year

Pros

Strong value proposition in product engineering, lack of strong sales structure in the US.

Cons

limited scale, limited vision, they are trying to cobble together capabilities from partners etc.

It has been quite an experience with lots of ups and downs, but the colleagues have really good and supportive.

I have been working at ALTEN full-time

Pros

Better work atmosphere, comparatively less pressure

Cons

Salary and appraisal is the main issue, in which they let us down

Market corrections has to be in the 1st page of todo list, if at all u gotta save your employees

Human Meat Butchers

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  Mougins (France)
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Mougins (France)

I have been working at ALTEN full-time for more than a year

Pros

They assisted me while moving in France, but mostly by passing me to a specialized company for professional relocations. But even in this case I had issues: see the Cons.

Cons

This company is the typical "human meat butcher" company: they take and leave skilled professionals on a price basis, always bidding at the lowest price. They targeted me since I was coming from a country in a deep economical crisis, with many problems in job market and used this to offer me a poor salary (despite my many years of experience) and to cover a position to a client, totally out of my competences. They don't care of your skills, but only want to place you in a position at the cheapest price possible: in fact I was able, thanks to my professionality, to be appreciated, but when I was sent at the client side I had zero matching skills with the position.
    Also, as an additional hit to the coffin, I was "gently invited" (of the kind "either sign or we will fire you") an extension of the trial period, making me working for 8 months without any legitimate contract.
    My salary was also way under the average for the geographical area and the position, so that I had issues finding a proper apartment, and I ended up on the hills at 40 minutes from the job location (without traffic).
    I was never offered of any course for certifications in any technology/methodology and when I required for that they delayed any discussion (more skilled professionals don't work for Alten).

I have no advice, other than "restate your company mission": cheap consultancy for IT and Aerospace can be done anywhere in Asia and Africa at better prices than yours. Treating your employees like meat you trade won't create any loyalty and won't make your company's knowledge anywhere.
    After one year I decided to quit the company and come back to my troubled country because of the treatment I received: consider how much of your skill asset can be lost by this human resources management, since now I have my own company in a scandinavian country, and I could have brought my know-how to your assets.

Consultant for 2 years

Current Employee - Consultant
    Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at ALTEN full-time for more than a year

Pros

The most advantage is getting experience in multinational/structured companies.

Cons

You are otally selled to the customer and you get a salary equal to a 1/3 of what customers pays. When you're assigned to a project you don't exist for your company, if the project finishes you'll be again 'meat' to be selled!

Pay more consultant with a little bit of experience

Senior Software Engineer

I have been working at ALTEN full-time for more than a year

Pros

Many projects in defence companies

Cons

the business "engineers" do a very good job to sell you

The worst of contracting companies in Sophia Antipolis

Former Employee - Product Manager  in  Biot, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur (France)
    Former Employee - Product Manager in Biot, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur (France)

I worked at ALTEN full-time for more than a year

Pros

None. There is a handful of contracting companies in Sophia Antipolis. All of them are identical, except how much they pay. Alten pays the least of all.

Cons

They pay up to 50% less than the other contracting company -- Astek. If you have an offer from Alten, just take the name of the client/department to Astek and get 50% more money.

By far the biggest client of Alten in Sophia Antipolis is Amadeus. It is always better to apply directly to Amadeus if there are positions open. Other clients are Intel and Orange.

The management has no desire to build a real consulting services company -- they resort to simply "selling meat (hands)", which works out well for them: they sell you to clients at ~80KEUR/year and they pay you <40KEUR/year.

Worked for ALTEN? Contribute to the Community!