ALTRES

Be The First To
Add Photos

Barron Guss

BEST. COMPANY. EVER!

ProsALTRES really cares for its employees. They provide great benefits for all their employees. Their new Wellness program, which focuses on helping employees get healthy is a huge success. The CEO & President have really created a strong corporate culture. ALTRES likes to work hard and play hard. Great company.

ConsThe only "con" I have encountered pertains to growth. So many people in ALTRES love the company so much they do not want to leave. There is little room for advancement because most people have been here for 15-20+ years! That says a lot about the integrity of a company.

BEST COMPANY EVER!

ProsThe President and CEO have done a great job building the corporate culture at ALTRES. They really care for their employees and it shows by their actions. The benefits are great, salary is competitive, and the perks are amazing (company parties, gym memberships, etc.)

ConsMany employees have been with ALTRES for 15-20+ years and do not plan on leaving. Upward mobility may be difficult for a new employee, but this can be looked at as a PRO. You are able to learn from the very best in the industry.

The best office and employee I have ever had the pleasure to work for.

Benefits Specialist (Former Employee) Honolulu, HI

ProsCares about employees, seeks to have them grow. Good benefits and a great working environment.

ConsThere really aren't any cons with this company.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

One you sign up, they act like they own you.

Accounting (Former Employee) Hilo, HI

ProsWork in Hawaii - Big Island (hard to come by work here)

ConsNon-locals disrespected, poor management, low pay, look at the hidden items on the contract!

Advice to Senior ManagementI worked with ALTRES Staffing on the Big Island for 8 weeks to supplement my Oregon Unemployment... thank goodness it wasn't longer. In my time there I dealt with complete disorganization, unprofessional phone calls and manners and an assignment barely related to my skills. Then, they laid me off from my position and told me they would call me with other opportunities only for them to lie and state that I quit 3 weeks after they gave me my last paycheck. Basically, everyone needs to look at the fine print, because it's a scam. Once you work for them and end an assignment, they still see you as employed by them. I got my Oregon Unemployment reinstated (and re-approved by Oregon), only to have to go on emergency benefits when it ran out... problem is I wasn't eligible because I worked in Hawai'i. It's been a battle the last 9 weeks trying to get the benefits I had already been approved for, because ALTRES continues to lie about phone calls they had with me that never happened. If you are on unemployment do NOT go to work with them, because in all those papers they refuse to give you copies of, you basically sign away your soul to forever work with them or forfeit any unemployment you might get. I feel like I'm being punished by them because I chose to look for work with other employers when my assignment ended.

Gives opportunities to first timers

Nurse Aide (Current Employee) Honolulu, HI

ProsTheir employment qualifications for nurse aides are not too competitive, choose your schedule, job sites vary (which is great to network), they send texts for needs.

ConsThe Hospital companies do not orient Altres Employees to the floor, may be canceled within 1.5 hours (sucks when you are night shift, but canceled and wasted a whole day), pay is lower compared to the client's company.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not cancel night shifts.
    Each personnel should keep track of a GROUP of employees, so there would not be any confusion. Have set hours for employees. Pay more.

Good if you can keep up!

In-house Position (Former Employee) Honolulu, HI

ProsThe team morale is great, it's more of a family than just a group of employees. They take pride in professionalism and hard work.

ConsThe pay is not great, but I'm finding pay in Hawaii in general isn't great compared to the cost of living.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive people a better chance before deciding they aren't a good fit. I saw many people come and go and because of the nature of the business (it is a staffing company) applicants were seen as disposable.

Don't do it

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Honolulu, HI

ProsIt's in Hawaii and a paycheck. Not run as a business for profit.

ConsSimplicity HR by Altres
    Management, Market position and lack of leadership. Not respected in the market.

Advice to Senior ManagementRetire and go fly your radio airplanes.

Great place to work - for locals

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Honolulu, HI

ProsThere is a good level of Team work and appreciation for all contributors in every department from service to marketing.

ConsAs an out of state employee there wasn't any welcome committee aside from the owner a few times. The company should work a little harder to make their imported talent feel welcome.

Advice to Senior ManagementBarron Guss is a great manager and leader. He has created an awesome company his father would be proud of. My only advice would be that the sales department needs a local leader.

Best place I have ever worked...period.

(Former Employee)

ProsFamily oriented culture that respects your time and the time you share with your family. They focus on results and growth, but not at the expense of their people. I've never been in a more understanding, supportive and active work environment. Its not for everyone, some people can't handle the work, the pace or the demands of the job. As much as people do leave most of the people here have been here for over 6 years, in this day and age that says a lot.

ConsIts a smaller organization. You can only rise so far in the organization. That being said, I've always been given opportunities to rise in the organization when I asked for them. Barron and Kerry are entrepreneurs and support innovative ideas and approaches.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't ever retire. Hawaii is a better place with the two of you leading ALTRES.

Worked for ALTRES? Contribute to the Community!