AMADEUS NORTH AMERICA, INC.

www.amadeus.com

AMADEUS NORTH AMERICA, INC. Reviews

Updated Jul 6, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Great company!

Intern (Current Employee) Miami, FL

ProsGreat benefits, push you to be better and grow as an individual

ConsI haven't seen anything I don't like

Great team colaboration

Analyst Business Intelligence (Former Employee) Miami, FL

ProsExtensive market knowledge and dedication to the industry. Proactive solutions to aid Travel Agents

ConsNeed to recover market share in North America

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep expanding

Review of Amadeus North America

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Miami, FL

ProsThey treat their employees great

ConsLow market share in NA

Advice to Senior ManagementEnsure that promotions are given farily

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good company to work with, many opportunities

ProsTravel business is moving at a fast pace and expanding in many directions: hotel, airport IT, search ..
    Amadeus is growing in the US and opportunities are created.

ConsMany of the important decisions are still taken in Nice and Madrid, there is less autonomy for the US centers

Great company culture and I was blessed to have an internship there!

Marketing Intern/Coordinator (Former Employee) Miami, FL

ProsGreat company values, great people, new office, gym in office building, and more. Miami office has about 400 workers in the heart of Doral, Florida, a small new wealthy city inside of Miami, Florida.

ConsIndustry isn't doing so well, so it seems, but Amadeus is doing well, and signed some great contracts in 2012. The Europe offices had a little too much control on procurement situations and other "smaller" sitautions.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more interns and increase their pay after 6 months. Keep up the good value system and honor your employees. The Miami EBC needs more interns or employees so it can truly thrive for Amadeus' dear customers. A small cut to the umbilical cord that the Europe headquarters holds on the US offices wouldn't hurt, especially for the marketing department, because extended procurement time kills true marketing production and ROI.

A decent company and a decent place to work.

ProsCompensation is competitive. Interesting problems and challenges. Good management depending on the team. Competitive benefits(health insurance, dental, retirement, etc.)

ConsThe environment is more corporate - a bit on the stuffy side. No real workday perks. Snacks and beverages are not gratis (except coffee and tee).

Great Company but do not value internal talent...

Product Manager (Current Employee) Miami, FL

ProsGood company with great benefits! Unfortunately management does not value internal talent.

ConsHardly any promotions from the inside. Management sees it as a negative if you are a current employee. They do not value company experience at all - which is sad since it is such a complex company. Never worked for a company that if you have experience and a good reputation within the company it is a negative! (Unless you have high level connections)

Advice to Senior ManagementValue experience within the company! I agree that a company needs a good mix of new blood and old blood to excel -but do not discard current talent within the company.

Great place to work

Senior Systems Engineer (Current Employee) Miami, FL

Pros- Multicultural Environment
    - Challenging Jobs
    - You will never be bored.
    - Chance to transfer to other areas or countries

ConsRemote sites are still not fully independent from the central locations.
    Career growth outside of the central location is difficult.
    No real influence in the direction the company is going.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate a full structure, with management, in the remote locations.

Growing Company but failing employees in some respects

ProsChallenging work environment, great group of people, flexibility and life balance, telecommuting allowed for some but not all

ConsLack of employee training, some employees can be pigeonholed into a certain role and can never move out of that role, new management doesn't seem to value those who have worked within the organization for years, if you're not tied to the top level of management you are not in the know of what is happening within the organization

Advice to Senior ManagementHonor those who have built careers and have worked hard within the organization. Recognize talent and take the time to congratulate those who have worked hard throughout the year. Work on morale, in particular in Miami.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Worked for AMADEUS NORTH AMERICA, INC.? Contribute to the Community!