AMC Dine-In Theatres

Super fun job and easy

Former Employee - Box Office Sales and Concessions  in  Parker, CO
    Former Employee - Box Office Sales and Concessions in Parker, CO

I worked at AMC Dine-In Theatres part-time for more than a year

Pros

Laid back job with perks such as unlimited free movies and snacks while working. Cool management who is fun to work with. I also practically wrote my schedule.

Cons

Terrible pay: just barely above minimum wage. Management pushes employees to sell lots of AMC Stubs Cards.

Great experience

Former Employee - Server  in  Marina del Rey, CA
    Former Employee - Server in Marina del Rey, CA

I worked at AMC Dine-In Theatres part-time for less than a year

Pros

My co-workers were the best people I could have ever met. I am blessed to have gotten an opportunity to work with them.
    The tips were decent.
    Being able to watch a movie for free at AMC saves a lot of money.

Cons

There were often scheduling conflicts that took too long to resolve. Day off requests were often not approved even though they were submitted 3 weeks in advance.
    Servers were required to up-sell the STUBS loyalty program. Servers who sold more of the STUBS were given better sections in the theaters.
    Servers had to follow a script. If the script was not followed exactly and management found out, the server was reprimanded.

Management needs to understand the restaurant aspect of the Dine-In Theater experience as opposed to just focusing on the theater aspect.

Why do we do this to ourselves?

I have been working at AMC Dine-In Theatres

Pros

-Free movies
    -half off food (oh wait that's only when you are WORKING, darn)
    -Great on resume for people pursuing the film industry
    That's about all folks!

Cons

Sheesh, where do I begin?

-OVERWORKED; we literally work for every penny we make
    -Shifts not promised. Oh you found out you have 4 shifts this week and you're so stoked because this means more tips for you! Wrong. If AMC is slow; they cut. Usually when this happens, it gets busy right after. So guess what? Then we're understaffed & overworked.
    -We hire a crap load of servers (too many!) but not enough runners nor bussers yet we tip them out when most times we are running our own trays to guests
    -Management sucks. I almost cursed but I'm trying to keep this professional. Management does not care about employees. I am blessed to have an amazing GM. But management is truly so caught up in their feelings. Buncha sensitives! Takes everything personally. You can't voice your concerns without them trying to defend it.
    -Pay. We are based off of tips. If we are understaffed guess what this means? Our guests are unhappy. What happens if our guests are unhappy? We don't get tipped. Bingo! Thanks AMC

Honestly... You may ask, well girl why are still working there? I don't even know! I love film so much and it's where my career is headed so that answers some of that. Plus I'm in school so it works. I have hope for AMC; I just think it's needs a complete makeover - meaning fire the bad. Even if that's the main BOSS. We need someone who cares about the employees working their butts off & who hires quality people. WE make smiles happen; but we can't if YOU can't make our smiles happen.

Complete 360; fix the whole darn team. Stop renovating theaters and invest in quality people to guide these theaters.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Working at the AMC DIT

Current Employee - Server  in  Bridgewater, NJ
    Current Employee - Server in Bridgewater, NJ

I have been working at AMC Dine-In Theatres part-time for less than a year

Pros

The flexibility of the work schedule is great, people are always eager to pick up or drop unwanted shifts

Cons

Management doesn't really seem to care about individual servers and do little in the face of server feedback.

Listen to your employee's and care about them not just yes them

Stressful

Former Employee - Server  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Server in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at AMC Dine-In Theatres part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great fellow co- workers and free movies

Cons

Terrible hours and no health benefits

Treatment of staff

Good Part Time Job for Students.

Current Employee - Film Crew  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Film Crew in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at AMC Dine-In Theatres part-time for more than a year

Pros

Free movies, free popcorn and courtesy sized cup of soda or icee, flexible work schedule, discounts on hot foods, easy work, easy to make friends, nice managers, and nice supervisors.

Cons

Low pay, not enough hours, weird shift hours, unfair promotions, limit on amount of people that can go to free movies with you, and sometimes the managers don't care about issues.

Do not promote based off favorite employees because it is unfair for the workers that work there longer and work harder.

Believe in making guests smile, but they don't care about the quality of life of their crew.

Current Employee - Hourly Manager  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Hourly Manager in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at AMC Dine-In Theatres full-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly crew members who believe in making smiles happen.

Cons

Crazy hours management makes you work and they don't care if you have time to rest between shifts.

If your crew has a quality of life they are better able to ensure guest happiness!

Free movies doesn't make up for this inept company.

Current Employee - Restaurant Theatre Manager  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Restaurant Theatre Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at AMC Dine-In Theatres full-time for more than a year

Pros

Not a lot. I have many years as a manager from outside the company and feel like I am regressing.

Cons

The hours and the shifts, the upper management, no true leadership, can't keep things working, toxic work enviroment.

Support the staff that guest facing they are the most important to the business not your politics and extreme lack of true leadership.

Easy Dead End-Job

Former Employee - Film Crew  in  Lake Buena Vista, FL
    Former Employee - Film Crew in Lake Buena Vista, FL

I worked at AMC Dine-In Theatres part-time for less than a year

Pros

Ideal for high school students looking to make some easy spending money
    Depending on your location, usually really fun. Made great friends working there
    Nearly impossible to get fired unless you steal or call out all of the time
    Free movies for yourself, family, and friends
    Discount on concession items 1hr before and after your shift
    Free popcorn and soda on your breaks
    A lot of downtime in between assignments depending on position of the day
    Flexible scheduling (However it is mandatory to have 2 weekend days (Fri, Sat, or Sun) and 1 week day available)
    Diverse coworkers
    People come and go really fast at this job. If you hate someone, don't worry you probably won't have to deal with them for long

Cons

Minimum Wage
    Inconsistent Scheduling
    Close-knit community rather like high school which can be gossipy
    If you're prissy you won't like ushering and taking out trash
    No overtime pay
    No benefits
    Little to no room for advancement
    Managers sit in office and do nothing (like most jobs)

If you don't pay overtime, don't schedule people for it

Its been an experience, dont work or apply here

Current Employee - Server  in  Lake Buena Vista, FL
    Current Employee - Server in Lake Buena Vista, FL

I have been working at AMC Dine-In Theatres part-time for more than a year

Pros

Can work as many hours as wanted, semi flexible scheduling, works around school/vacations and thats about the only reason ive stayed here as long as I have. get a disney ID and occasional park tickets which is nice.

Cons

NO overtime, terrible supervisors and managers, supervisors are young and 18 years old, management not much better and none of them have prior restaurant experience, corporate messes up paychecks constantly, horrible tippers, just dont work here. its a nut house. always expected to run trays no matter how tired you are, or if you even have any tables. everyone else is beyond lazy. bussers dont do anything. and required tipshare towards bussers and bar is ridiculous. always looked down upon and treate as a child for the stupidest things. parking.

too much to say, but you guys are clueless and have no idea how to run a real restaurant

Worked for AMC Dine-In Theatres? Contribute to the Community!