AMC Dine-In Theatres

Updated December 19, 2014
Updated December 19, 2014
2.6

CEO

The best and worst experience ever.

I worked at AMC Dine-In Theatres

Pros

Free movies, fun environment. You will make friends here that you will never forget.

Cons

Management shows favoritism, very inconsistent, when I moved up to supervisor my general manager told me to stop acting like a pawn on a chess board. Her reason was I was working to hard. When you become apart of the management team its mandatory that you cut all ties with the friends you made because AMC policy fits not allow crew members and upper management to socialize outside of work and barely while you are at work as well. Oh don't mess around and get places on ROE I literally sat on conversations hearing management plot on how that were going to fire a particular employee, just a sad place and stressful place to work, management has no and I mean NO RESPECT for the people that are not on the same level as them.

My advice to management, if you treat your employees right things would work out much smoother for you all, do not let your title of manager or senior manager or general manager get the best of your ego, it means nothing when it's all said and done. I hate that I left you all hanging like I did but it had to be done to prove a point and from
    What I hear nothing has changed. You have to give respect to get it, remember that always!!!!

Review

Former Employee - Filem Crew Member in Woodland Hills, CA
    Former Employee - Filem Crew Member in Woodland Hills, CA

I worked at AMC Dine-In Theatres part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Free tickets, dicounts, Picnics, Parties, paid break

Cons

late hours, management flip-flops, seats, food options, work/life balnce

perks

Super fun job and easy

Former Employee - Box Office Sales and Concessions in Parker, CO
    Former Employee - Box Office Sales and Concessions in Parker, CO

I worked at AMC Dine-In Theatres part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Laid back job with perks such as unlimited free movies and snacks while working. Cool management who is fun to work with. I also practically wrote my schedule.

Cons

Terrible pay: just barely above minimum wage. Management pushes employees to sell lots of AMC Stubs Cards.

Great experience

Former Employee - Server in Marina del Rey, CA
    Former Employee - Server in Marina del Rey, CA

I worked at AMC Dine-In Theatres part-time (less than an year)

Pros

My co-workers were the best people I could have ever met. I am blessed to have gotten an opportunity to work with them.
    The tips were decent.
    Being able to watch a movie for free at AMC saves a lot of money.

Cons

There were often scheduling conflicts that took too long to resolve. Day off requests were often not approved even though they were submitted 3 weeks in advance.
    Servers were required to up-sell the STUBS loyalty program. Servers who sold more of the STUBS were given better sections in the theaters.
    Servers had to follow a script. If the script was not followed exactly and management found out, the server was reprimanded.

Management needs to understand the restaurant aspect of the Dine-In Theater experience as opposed to just focusing on the theater aspect.

Why do we do this to ourselves?

I have been working at AMC Dine-In Theatres

Pros

-Free movies
    -half off food (oh wait that's only when you are WORKING, darn)
    -Great on resume for people pursuing the film industry
    That's about all folks!

Cons

Sheesh, where do I begin?

-OVERWORKED; we literally work for every penny we make
    -Shifts not promised. Oh you found out you have 4 shifts this week and you're so stoked because this means more tips for you! Wrong. If AMC is slow; they cut. Usually when this happens, it gets busy right after. So guess what? Then we're understaffed & overworked.
    -We hire a crap load of servers (too many!) but not enough runners nor bussers yet we tip them out when most times we are running our own trays to guests
    -Management sucks. I almost cursed but I'm trying to keep this professional. Management does not care about employees. I am blessed to have an amazing GM. But management is truly so caught up in their feelings. Buncha sensitives! Takes everything personally. You can't voice your concerns without them trying to defend it.
    -Pay. We are based off of tips. If we are understaffed guess what this means? Our guests are unhappy. What happens if our guests are unhappy? We don't get tipped. Bingo! Thanks AMC

Honestly... You may ask, well girl why are still working there? I don't even know! I love film so much and it's where my career is headed so that answers some of that. Plus I'm in school so it works. I have hope for AMC; I just think it's needs a complete makeover - meaning fire the bad. Even if that's the main BOSS. We need someone who cares about the employees working their butts off & who hires quality people. WE make smiles happen; but we can't if YOU can't make our smiles happen.

Complete 360; fix the whole darn team. Stop renovating theaters and invest in quality people to guide these theaters.

Working at the AMC DIT

Current Employee - Server in Bridgewater, NJ
    Current Employee - Server in Bridgewater, NJ

I have been working at AMC Dine-In Theatres part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The flexibility of the work schedule is great, people are always eager to pick up or drop unwanted shifts

Cons

Management doesn't really seem to care about individual servers and do little in the face of server feedback.

Listen to your employee's and care about them not just yes them

Stressful

Former Employee - Server in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Server in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at AMC Dine-In Theatres part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great fellow co- workers and free movies

Cons

Terrible hours and no health benefits

Treatment of staff

Good Part Time Job for Students.

Current Employee - Film Crew in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Film Crew in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at AMC Dine-In Theatres part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Free movies, free popcorn and courtesy sized cup of soda or icee, flexible work schedule, discounts on hot foods, easy work, easy to make friends, nice managers, and nice supervisors.

Cons

Low pay, not enough hours, weird shift hours, unfair promotions, limit on amount of people that can go to free movies with you, and sometimes the managers don't care about issues.

Do not promote based off favorite employees because it is unfair for the workers that work there longer and work harder.

Believe in making guests smile, but they don't care about the quality of life of their crew.

Current Employee - Hourly Manager in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Hourly Manager in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at AMC Dine-In Theatres full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Friendly crew members who believe in making smiles happen.

Cons

Crazy hours management makes you work and they don't care if you have time to rest between shifts.

If your crew has a quality of life they are better able to ensure guest happiness!

Free movies doesn't make up for this inept company.

Current Employee - Restaurant Theatre Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Restaurant Theatre Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at AMC Dine-In Theatres full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Not a lot. I have many years as a manager from outside the company and feel like I am regressing.

Cons

The hours and the shifts, the upper management, no true leadership, can't keep things working, toxic work enviroment.

Support the staff that guest facing they are the most important to the business not your politics and extreme lack of true leadership.