AMC Technology

www.amctechnology.com

AMC Technology Reviews

3.8

Anthony X. Uliano

An exciting and rewarding place to work.

I have been working at AMC Technology full-time

Pros

New projects keep work interesting. Shared goals of growing the company's success. Critical thinking required. Utilization of cutting edge technologies.

Cons

Occasional tight deadlines can be stressful at times but management is accommodating.

Communication throughout the departments could be improved. Perhaps more meetings where each employee is required or encouraged to give a brief opinion on a topic or express a question they might have.

A great place to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

I have been working at AMC Technology full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great team and work culture
    Great senior management team
    Challenging opportunities
    Celebrations and outings to celebrate company's success
    Great work life balance
    Great Benefits

Cons

Compensation could be a little better

Continue working closely with the teams like you do

Highly focused bunch of individuals

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Midlothian, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Midlothian, VA

I have been working at AMC Technology full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

We do a lot of good development here at AMC with the latest technologies on the CTI/ CRM side. Lot of interesting folks around makes it more fun. The work is definitely very challenging given the fact that we operate in a very technical and niche domain and also the fact that we are a small team of around 20 people

Cons

A small team definitely means, we need to keep on shifting our priorities when needed. working in a small team also results in everyone taking more responsibilities which might be frustrating to a few people!!!

Great, fast paced company that provides opportunities for those that work hard to achieve their goals

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

I have been working at AMC Technology full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

open culture that provides a unique opportunity to impact the software industry, a great place to make your ideas a reality, Senior management is very supportive and helpful in issue resolution

Cons

the atmosphere is very laid back and can give people the impression that the company is not less formal in processes or employees lack professionalism, this generally is not the case but there is an opportunity for this mistake to be made by new employees or external people, operates in a niche industry so it can be challenging to find qualified employees and learning curves may be steep for new people, this is not an ideal environment if you have difficulty executing tasks independently or are not proactive in getting assistance

Overall a good company to work for, with some average problems to work through.

I have been working at AMC Technology full-time

Pros

This is a small company so you get to know everyone really well, making it very casual and comfortable. The benefits also get spread around more because of the size and you get a much wider range of work within your role. Compared to a large company where you are probably only attached to one task, you will get a vast amount of experience from working here.

The company has recently taken employees on retreats and often does get togethers and parties in the office for holidays. There's also a casual dress code that is very nice.

Cons

There's sometimes a lack of communication within the company. It's so small that a lot of times people assume information is getting passed around when in reality it's not. That can make things seem secretive when it's actually just a mistake.

Perspective from CTO/Founder

Current Employee - Founder & Chief Technology Officer in Midlothian, VA
    Current Employee - Founder & Chief Technology Officer in Midlothian, VA

I have been working at AMC Technology full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The team is amazing. We do our best to empower employees and it shows in their contribution and work. We're a small company with a world-wide presence. It's exciting to work with some of the best employees, partners, and customers in the world.

Cons

Being small allows us to be nimble, but it has it's downsides. Sometimes we need to shift priorities and that can be frustrating. Personally, I moved away for family reasons and I'm not at HQ as much as I'd like, so it's an ongoing struggle to keep everyone aware of our high level goals.

Overall I think the management team works hard. I think we should take more time to ensure everyone understands the high-level direction and the alignment their individual work has toward that direction.

Great group of people that work at AMC

I worked at AMC Technology full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great benefits, casual work environment, company promotes giving back to the community

Cons

Really need to have industry knowledge to hit ground running, training could be more hands on

Not so good

I have been working at AMC Technology full-time

Pros

Good work life balance, Highly technical

Cons

High rate of employee dissatisfaction, horrible compensation , Poor employee growth, no direction. The CTO doesnt have

The management needs to address employee dissatisfaction and address employee growth problems.

System Engineer & Network Assistant

Current Employee - Systems Engineer & Network Assistant in Cairo (Egypt)
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer & Network Assistant in Cairo (Egypt)

I have been working at AMC Technology full-time (more than an year)

Pros

AMC personnel consist of a strong and integrated team with diverse expertise, which adopts international standards and applies industry best practices. The company’s experts have profound professional experience backed by solid qualifications in the fields of Business Administration, Computer Science and Information Systems, Logistics and Maritime Industry.

Cons

AMC offers tailor-made IT systems across a broad range of industries and operations and has special expertise in the development of tailor-made customs and trade systems, using integrated solutions and cutting-edge technology to provide the best possible solutions for your business.

From consultation and project management through to systems design, operation and support, AMC provides start-to-finish solutions and a single point of accountability to simplify and improve your business operations.

Mixed bag, some good thing, some really not good

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at AMC Technology

Pros

In many ways a decent company that could be a lot better with more attention from the CTO

Cons

Communication is really poor, not much in way of new products, inconsistent leadership, good deal of negative attitude within the ranks and even from management

AMC Technology Photos