AMC The School of Business Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.6
CEO

1. Good for people new in the job market., but bad for qualified, experienced experts.

Former Contractor - Network Systems Engineering Lecturer in Kota Kinabalu (Malaysia)

I worked at AMC The School of Business as a contractor (More than 5 years)

Pros

Small company dealing with education, so less staff drama to deal with. Good startup job for new graduates - you develop a lot of marketing and communication skills from having to deal with clients.

Cons

Small company also means you have lesser chance for advancement or pay raise. Office culture focused more on the meetings and the 5S work organization method which disrupts work flow often. Very often, you are required to complete other works that are outside of your work scope. Management can be unsupportive and selective in their treatment. Can lead to a very hostile work environment if you don't mesh with management ideas. I was promised assistants as well as amenities to assist me in leading my department. I ended up being the lone staff doing EVERYTHING, often working from morning til night time, occasionally til next morning and paid peanuts for it. Management had expectations that everything worked correctly. I was forced to find ways to get "discounts" and save money - something which they should not have done as they were already provided a fixed budget for it. Was very insulted when I left - management said they expected to "squeeze every bit of information before I left the company" as they had no clue on how to proceed with the program. I tried to renegotiate terms of my payment for every new contractual year, but on all occasions I was told I would have less work to do since other people were coming to assist. In short, management has no qualms in making full use of your abilities, and still pay you a salary not to scale with the amount of work you're expected to do.

Good for Career Experience

Former Employee - Trainer
    Former Employee - Trainer

I worked at AMC The School of Business part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

New and Good Facilities, Peace Quiet Location

Cons

Lack of Communication and Trust

Advice to Management

Communication and understand on every staff

RSS Feed </> Embed