AMCAD

Updated October 23, 2014
Updated October 23, 2014
1.9

Rick Lowrey

Great people with terrible board members

I worked at AMCAD full-time

Pros

It was a friendly work environment with lots of freedom and space for creativity

Cons

The company laid off 80% of its employees claiming that it is bankrupt when it wasn't.

Terrible place to work.

Former Employee - Customer Support Representative in Herndon, VA
    Former Employee - Customer Support Representative in Herndon, VA

I worked at AMCAD as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Catered lunch or breakfast on Friday occasionally. Being able to work from home when the weather was bad was very beneficial as well.

Cons

Almost everything. There was no work-life balance, none of the departments ever worked together, supervisors and managers could care less about employee's lives, there was just too much work for the employees and no one ever wanted to be at work - everyone was unhappy. Furthermore, there was not enough training provided. Upon starting, I was given a brief 2 weeks of training then thrown to the wolves. Additional changes to the software system were never taught to anyone, often times I had to go directly to the developer who created it to understand it.
    The company didn't care about their customers. Too many times they made a square peg fit into a circle - it just didn't work. Unless the contract was massive and brought in a lot of money, management didn't care even if a customer was livid.

Stop lying to employees. At the annual company Christmas party, all they did was spew lies about how well the company was doing, how we had multiple contracts coming in, clients were happy and the profit of that year. It was incredibly irritating knowing that the exhausted department I worked in, was just going to be loaded with more work. Actually care about your employees and they'll start to care about the company.

Former Employee at Amcad

Former Employee - Implementation Specialist in Herndon, VA
    Former Employee - Implementation Specialist in Herndon, VA

I worked at AMCAD full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They have great Benefits, and the salary's are good as well as the travel accommodations was very nice. Potential for advancement was always an option with such fast growth.

Cons

Family-work life was non existent, project planning and release planning was unorganized, zero tracking or analysis within there development and QA department. Left hand never knew what the right hand was doing. Zero client expectation control.

Track, Plan, Communication, Organize and increase Family work life expectations.

Excellent

I worked at AMCAD full-time

Pros

excellent team, flexible hours, good manager

Cons

poor planning on release dates.

Promises...Promises... Promises

Former Employee - Project Manager in Herndon, VA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Herndon, VA

I worked at AMCAD full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The company sounded very promising and was willing to do provide me with all my requests.

Cons

They never fore filled any of my requests. Very poorly ran company that has since filed bankruptcy and is our of business.

Work Experience

I have been working at AMCAD full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I was working with AMCAD at a senior level, till the layoff. The pay was good. Benefits were above par. Challenging product development environment and I was able to learn new technologies and processes. They had a good suite of products.

Cons

The current ownership doesn’t seem to know what they are doing. The Company laid of several employees and I was one among them. I don’t understand the venom in some of the postings. The former CEO Mr Visagar Shyamsundar was a genuine and ethical man and managed the company really well and took care of his employees. He took the company from a small group of 10 to a group of 200, then he sold the Company to a private equity Firm. As with any private equity firm, the new owners wanted to exert ownership control over the company, so they brought in a new CEO, and kept the senior management. The ownership/senior management is incompetent and never had a clue how to run a technology firm. They were a bunch of non-technical individuals, each with their own self-interest. The mid-level managers and the employees didn’t believe in them thus resulting in lost productivity. The private equity made all the wrong decisions rather than investing in the company and bringing new management team. No severance was paid for any employees (even for those who stayed for 7+ years) and that sucked.

Work experience

I worked at AMCAD

Pros

friendly environment within the team.

Cons

There is no proper work management

better compensation policies

Just Awful

I worked at AMCAD full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The company allowed you to front of your own money for traveling so if you were a BA/PM, you were able to accumulate a lot of points to various hotels and airlines.

Cons

Horrible management. No one had any idea of what it took to run a company, every thing was a Band-Aid fix until the next problem arose.

Oh yeah - the fact there was a company wide email which told the employees their services were no longer required was a bit of a dagger.

They are left, so what's the point.

Do not work here

I have been working at AMCAD

Pros

Pay is pretty good for this field, however will work for every dime you make
    Flexible hours -make own schedule
    Good product

Cons

-Lack of communication
    -Left hand don't know what the right had is doing
    -Closed doors with no notice to employees and no severance for justice side of business
    -there is hardly any training before let loose
    -management is horrible all talk no action

Get things together and communicate this is why company went under.

Company is managed terribly and is unethical

Former Employee - Senior Developer in Herndon, VA
    Former Employee - Senior Developer in Herndon, VA

I worked at AMCAD full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I was a contractor so I got paid better then salary employees for the crappy experience. I learned a lot, but it was mainly self taught, so I guess I can't give them credit for that.

Cons

The company is unethical at best. The former CEO managed the place like terribly which led to tons of extra and unnecessary work. He pushed the sales team to overload on contracts, so much so, that no one could complete them. Then he used all the contracts as ammunition to sell the company to an investment firm. Before the new investors could understand what a mess they were getting, they actually gave bonuses to the previous officers. The bonuses were increased by laying off 15 workers the night before Thanksgiving. After the new investors saw how horrible everything was, and after only being in charge for 6 months, they stopped products and let go of 70% of the work force. They claimed this was due to reduced revenue from a big contract. However, they had many more contracts bringing in millions. For such a small company you have to wonder where the money went. It would not surprise me if arrests were made at some point. Google this company and Oklahoma or Bexar. You will find impending lawsuits.

Learn to do a good job. You guys are terrible.