AMD

www.amd.com

AMD Reviews in Bellevue, WA

AMD President & CEO Rory Read

Rory Read

Pros
  • Very laid back culture across the board and you can have an awesome work-life balance(in 101 reviews)

• Nice campus, flexible work hours, some good people left but maybe not for much longer(in 51 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior management in marketing is a complete train wreck(in 50 reviews)

• This impacted work/life balance very negatively(in 20 reviews)

2 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Mixed reviews of AMD

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Bellevue, WA

ProsGreat group of collegiate minded engineers.

ConsNaive, leaderless, sense of entitlement versus Intel is damaging, not aggressive or competitively foward enough.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more consise. Grow some balls. Find interface people to trust, then empower them, not double check ad infinitum and ignore.

Save yourself. Run AWAY!

Developer Relations Manager I (Current Employee) Bellevue, WA

ProsLots of creative freedom to do things your own way

ConsIt's a chaotic place where the engineer types run everything via a "Core Team" approach which means no one owns anything and every mediocre decision can be written off as "the team decided to do x". They hire unbelievably marginal marketing people to sell things but don't give them the information, guidance and leadership for them to be successful - we don't tell marketing people the real story, they might use it!

Advice to Senior ManagementKill the core teams. More mail more often on what's expected of us. Clean house. Hire competent people and stop messing around with keeping the arrogant and the ignorant.

Worked for AMD? Contribute to the Community!