www.amli.com

Updated November 24, 2014
Updated November 24, 2014
3.2

Greg Mutz

They have a great company culture

Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at AMLI Residential full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I enjoy how they celebrate everyones accomplishments. You're always made to feel important, and valued. I like the flexibility in my schedule, andthe fact the my co-workers are also some of my best friends.
    I admire how invoulved AMLI is in community outreach, and how focused they are on work/life balance.

Cons

The internal network is slow. There are only 4 or 5 people in the it department, and if something major goes wrong it can sometimes take quite a while to fix.

Keep lifting each and every employee up. When someone feels valued, they will value the company.

Dec 2, 2014SVP Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to provide such positive feedback on AMLI's recognition programs, our company culture and AMLI’s commitment to volunteerism in each of our communities. I passed on your ... More

Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Aurora, IL
    Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Aurora, IL

I worked at AMLI Residential full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Lots of training, very technically savvy company. Benefits are average, plenty of non work time to spend with family, no work to take home

Cons

Did not work there long enough to find anything to the my displeasure. They do have lots of policies that can slow down progress

AMLI is a great company in many ways and in many ways it is not. Just as any large company might be.

Former Employee - Maintenance Employee
    Former Employee - Maintenance Employee

I worked at AMLI Residential full-time (more than an year)

Pros

AMLI builds and manages beautiful real estate. All of the company managed units are really nice properties. AMLI has a pretty realistic budget for onsite staff and real potential for bonuses vs other property management companies.
    AMLI fosters a culture of fAMLI and caring for each other from senior management on down.

Cons

AMLI has no loyalty to its people, there is not a lot of support for onsite management when it comes to employee issues. Money is more important than the safety of other employees, residents and physical property. Upper management is superficial in person and act like they love you as part of the team, but always cave to the almighty dollar. Benefits are expensive and do not cover much, even in major medical.

REAL loyalty to your people will go a long way. Get benefits plan that your people can actually afford.

Oct 27, 2014SVP Human Resources

Thank you for taking time to share your comments and suggestions. AMLI prides itself on our culture for employees and creating an outstanding living environment for our residents. You mention that ... More

Onward and Upward...

Current Employee - Assistant Community Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Assistant Community Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at AMLI Residential full-time (more than an year)

Pros

+Great upper management - they really care. If they can see that you're as invested in the company's success as they are, that you truly love what you do and want to be a part of AMLI's future, they really do take note.
    +GREAT hiring. Not just tooting my own horn here. I can honestly say that for the most part, nearly every hiring decision I have witnessed has been a great selection. My teammates {both at my community and at others in the Atlanta region} are reliable, dependable, and people I know I can count on.
    +AMLI has clearly taken the time to develop a culture that is positive. I truly love coming in to work every day, whether I'm going to be at my community, a sister property, in a training class, or at corporate.
    +The Training Department is top notch and they actually listen to what we have to say. If something isn't working in practice on-site, they'll make us try it for a while to see if it's 'user error' but if it really isn't working across the board, they listen to our feedback.
    +THE POLICIES...before I started with AMLI, people in the industry and even several of the reviewers on this site tried to scare me off with "...but the POLICIES! OH, THE POLICIES! IT'S TOO MUCH!" Naturally, I came in prepared to be intimidated. What I've come to discover is that I prefer a company with structure. It's nice to know what lines I can paint within - what I can and cannot do. I don't have to fear making the wrong decision because most things are black and white. I've worked for companies that don't have this kind of structure and it was a mess. Not just for us, but for our residents. I know that if a resident I have been dealing with comes in on a day when I'm out and interacts with anyone else on my team, they'll not only get the same service, but the same answers.
    +The Pay is very competitive for nearly every position.
    +The Expectations: Let me be plain. If you're not going to give 110% - if you're the kind of person who comes to work just to collect a paycheck - then AMLI is NOT for you. Come ready to play ball or don't come at all.

Cons

I.T. either needs more staff or more resources. Outside of that, I'm pretty happy.

Keep that door open as you have been. I LOVE the quarterly calls! Keep hiring great people and keep going green. Keep growing the marketing department and don't ever stop the leasing/assistant manager/manager meetings. This is a great team builder. This is the first company I have ever worked for where I know just about everyone on every team and that's due to the training classes and meetings. LOVE THAT!

Sep 22, 2014SVP Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to post such a positive review of your experiences at AMLI. I will be passing on to the leadership team as well as the Education and IT departments, so they can see ... More

Loved the culture and hope to return when they expand to my current NC area. I was hired after attending 3 interviews.

Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Houston, TX

I worked at AMLI Residential full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Training - provided immediately that help me to fit in and do well. Bonuses -leasing, renewals, achievements. Culture, growth.

Cons

Did not experienced any abnormalities. I liked that they recognized their weak employees and eliminated them to make a space for better ones. It is so rare nowadays!

Keep up with a great work!

Sep 5, 2014SVP Human Resources

Thank you for the positive feedback regarding your work experience at AMLI. We pride ourselves on our employee friendly culture, including our emphasis on professional development. Best wishes for ... More

Great Experience

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at AMLI Residential full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

It's nice to be a part of something that you're proud to represent. AMLI's resident programs are designed to create and keep a highly satisfied resident population. Like-minded employees are selected, trained and encouraged to be the best they can be to support this goal. It's nice to work with others who want to be and contribute to a winning team. There are numerous employee programs designed to award and reward. Integrity is abundant.

Cons

As with most organizations, there are some growing pains with expansion. Urgency is an important attribute; continue to balance varying department initiatives.

Stay true to your roots! They're good!

Sep 5, 2014SVP Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your positive experience at AMLI. Your comment about our integrity as a company was the highest compliment. Thank you also for your contributions and ... More

AMLI is not cracked up to all that they say they are.

Current Employee - Service Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Service Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at AMLI Residential full-time (more than an year)

Pros

AMLI has a very high standard and they have a lot of Class A properties

Cons

AMLI's standard are so high that they expect you to give them the moon. If you do that they will take care of you if you don't you are gone.

Service managers are flooded with reports, inspections, logs and budgets.expect a lot of ppwk along with the physical work as well.

Jul 23, 2014SVP Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. AMLI does set a high performance standard for our Service Managers. We have evolved the role over the years from a senior technician to a true ... More

Leasing agent

Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Naperville, IL
    Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Naperville, IL

I have been working at AMLI Residential full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Very detailed training plan. Company has been around for a while, and knows what they are doing. Very forward focused. Innovation, cross training, and expertise in your craft are all highly recognized. Many opportunities for growth. Focused on work life home life balance. Community and charity oriented as well. 20% off housing costs if you live on property

Cons

Not much to say here. I don't enjoy working weekends, of course. But overall I really have nothing to complain about. Im still fairly new, but so far so good. I don't know what else to say.

Jun 3, 2014SVP Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to share your views on working for AMLI. I am pleased to read that your experiences in this first year have been positive and that you appreciate our training programs ... More

Poor Upper Management

I worked at AMLI Residential full-time

Pros

Rapidly expanding, so there are a lot of opportunities.

Cons

Upper management doesn't know how to manage employees. They give no feed back or direction. They are regularly understaffed, so they expect the rest of the team to pick up the work load.

Set clear expectation of your employees and help them achieve it. Give constant feed back so your employees can meet those goals.

Apr 24, 2014SVP Human Resources

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. AMLI has a well-defined performance management process that includes goal setting, a 90-day initial review a mid-year review and annual performance appraisal ... More

don't bother.

Former Employee - Service Tech in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Service Tech in Denver, CO

I worked at AMLI Residential full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Decent pay, 401k matching up to 50 percent,

Cons

As a maintenance tech I would spend more time looking for parts to fix things than fixing things. I worked on a 100 million dollar complex with six men on the maintenance staff. We all shared one ladder. The service manager received a free one bedroom apartment. Everyone else received a 20 percent discount, Unless there were to many people living on site. In that case you were out of luck. And paid full price. Amli has a very high turnover rate. Amli also has a habit of trying to screw over it former tenants and employees by charging them absurd fees and fines after they move out.

Get your act together. Unless you love interviewing people.

Apr 23, 2014SVP Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments, including the positive feedback on AMLI’s compensation and 401(k) plan. I am sorry that you did not have a positive experience at AMLI. We ... More