AMN Healthcare

AMN Healthcare Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

AMN Healthcare President, CEO, and Director Susan R. Salka

Susan R. Salka

Pros
  • Nice cafe and gym for employees(in 4 reviews)

• Friendly co-workers, nice location(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Low pay compared to other companies(in 8 reviews)

• Low pay and unrealistic expectations for sales goals(in 3 reviews)

Knows the travel industry well

MRI Technologist (Former Employee)

Prosthey take care of you when on a contract and make sure everything goes well.

Consnot enough contracts available, some low salary contracts

resume builder

ProsFor young, recent college graduates AMN provides a great entry into the corporate world.

ConsThe growth opportunities here however are limited. After three years with the company I do not feel like there is much else to get out of my time here.

Love it!

Prosculture, people, the industry leader

Consgetting better but could be more agile.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good in some things not the other

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI really respected my immediate supervisors. They really wanted to help me and they taught me a ton. They really cared about my development and they let me work as often and as hard as i could. They really let me expand and make my own position. They gave me all the technology that i needed to do the job

ConsThe pay for the amount of work you do. They work you way past your pay grade and they only give you merit increases 2-5% if you're lucky. There has been a lot of senior level leadership leaving the company so there isn't any solidity to everyting

Advice to Senior ManagementAsk questions when things happen. Dont' assume that you either have the right or the wrong answer. You can retain a lot of people if you just realized everyone's worth and didn't think that you could always find someone better. You have a lot of changed happening and you need to start to determine who is going to be your ground work and really build them

Lacks diversity and authenticity. Felt that they bring on people who are exactly alike - carbon copies.

Technology (Former Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsGrowing organization with a solid financial health, they make smart financial decisions for the company and their employees. Some departments are better organized than others. Going through growing pains which can be both positive and negative. Made some good friends.

ConsHomogenous environment, very vanilla, lacks true character. If you do not fit the company image you may be removed. Made some good friends but many of them left the organization.

Advice to Senior ManagementBuild employee programs which matter not the standard "out of the box" typical stuff. If you can't pay more on the base salary offer more performance based pay or other incentives to keep people.

AMN Healthcare Chief Talent Officer responded to this review

Jul 1, 2014

Thank you for your thoughtful feedback. AMN values its team members and strives to regularly improve the overall work experience. I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you more about your ... More

Great culture!

Prosonsite Starbucks, people are really friendly, beautiful building

Consno bonus, pay is not high

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer bonuses or annual pay advancement

Wonderfu;

Travel RN (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsThey have lots of postings due to their large size, at the same time they have given me personal attention for a late time sheet that was paid on time.

ConsI at this time have not experienced a downside.

Low pay, no raises, heavy workload, under appreciated, advancement opportunities for favored employees, and gossip

ProsStarbucks in the cafeteria and a somewhat flexible schedule depending on the department you work in.

ConsTitle says it all. Over worked, under paid, stressful, unbalanced workload amongst team, no raises, and no appreciation. Promotions are given to favored employees with a lighter and less complicated workload based on favoritism, high school environment full of gossip. Micro-management! Benefits are also horrible.

Advice to Senior ManagementExecutives, you mean well but unfortunately mid level management is disgraceful. Fix your systems and define your processes. Pay your employees accordingly and offer raises for increased workloads. Even the workload. Stop giving promotions to those who are part of your good old boys and girls club. What about years of service? Does that not make a difference? Approve head counts based on workload not the "numbers".

The bullies of healthcare! STAY AWAY!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIf you like to be managed by fear & treated like a number then this is the place for you! If you are motivated by worthless gifts like pens & random bagels for the team (which they don't buy enough to feed everyone) then you will love it here. If you want to be miserable every day you walk into work then apply here!

ConsThe leaders of the organization are so dishonest and can not be trusted. They treat you like a number here and play favorites. Some rules only apply to certain people. You work long hours and are completely underpaid. They make you feel like you won't be successful anywhere else, but refuse to reward you for your hard-work. The work environment is gossipy - nothing you say is kept quiet even in a closed door meeting with leadership.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou're the biggest problem.

Life sucking bully infested black hole

Anonymous (Current Employee)

ProsIf you like coasters and pens for a job well done this is the place. Oh and if annoying cheerleaders are your thing then you will definitely be on the top of the pyramid.

ConsLying is rewarded. Favorites are rewarded despite performance. Star employees are made to be sacrificial lambs when the company is taken to task for a broken system they didn't fix for the client.
    The character and moral compass of recruitment managers is horrific. Political aspirations? This is the place for you then.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvice? Yeah Right. They are the main problem.

AMN Healthcare Chief Talent Officer responded to this review

Jul 1, 2014

I am very sorry to hear about your experience. We hold our entire company to the highest ethical standards and take all feedback seriously. I would like to discuss your experience in more detail and ... More

Worked for AMN Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!