AMN Healthcare

Employer Engaged

Run! Don't Walk!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Del Mar, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Del Mar, CA

I worked at AMN Healthcare full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Cafe and Starbucks with employee discount, gym, dry cleaning and onsite massage/chiropractor (not discounted)

Cons

Great onsite perks like cafe and Starbucks, but there's too much work and not enough staff to support the workload and newly acquired businesses. Many employees work overtime in order to keep up. IT is understaffed making it difficult for the entire company to work efficiently. Pay and benefits aren't great. AMN is notorious for overworking their employees, hence VERY high turnover. Please don't confuse their job openings as "growth and opportunity" rather they're replacing unhappy employees.

Listen to your employees and take action. The same issues are being discussed- low pay, poor benefits, stress of workload and poor attempt at investing in the employees. Your employee base is everything. They can make or break the success of the organization. If things don't change, employees will continue to leave, recruitment will continue to turnover positions and AMN will continue to lose continuity, time, resources and money with their revolving door.

Zero Job Security

Former Employee - Travel Nurse Recruiter in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Travel Nurse Recruiter in San Diego, CA

I worked at AMN Healthcare full-time (less than a year)

Pros

This position comes with great co-workers, cafeteria staff, and starbucks! The way AMN structures is to keep you on the phones and energize through your hours there.

Cons

Lets be clear, if you are an AMN recruiter, you have zero and I mean 0, job security. I've watched many hardworking recruiters, incuding myself be picked off from their desk and fired without any notification, counseling, nor warning. The fact that your goal is to progress, move forth, and establish a connection with nurses who are interested in traveling, but its not as simple when you're constantly worried that you might not have a job tomorrow. This position requires you to have no work life balance as you are to study on and off the clock and will consume you with the material that is given.

I urge all management and the CEO to assess the evaluation method of the recruiter position as many individuals are fired with no warning, quarterly analysis, any notification. Many individuals have sacrificed their personal lives, money and career change to pursue this position and only to be let go a few weeks later. Please advise and inform the future candidates that they do not have job security or change your evaluation methods of your recruiters.

Not a good time to work for AMN

I have been working at AMN Healthcare

Pros

Largest healthcare staffing company with offices across the country.

Cons

Doesn't staff correctly to support the needs of the clients or healthcare professionals
    Infrastructure is outdated. Work around processes cause significant man hours and increase in overhead expenses

Focus more on the current business

Jan 6, 2015Chief Talent Officer

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with AMN. I am sorry that you experienced difficulties with AMN’s technology platforms; however, I am happy to report we are in the midst of a ... More

Benefits Coordinator

Current Employee - Benefits Coordinator in Del Mar, CA
    Current Employee - Benefits Coordinator in Del Mar, CA

I have been working at AMN Healthcare full-time (less than a year)

Pros

There is room for growth and community service at this company

Cons

The paid is a little low

Consider More diversity in the companies Upper Management.

Awesome Company

Current Contractor - Registered Nurse in Cortland, NY
    Current Contractor - Registered Nurse in Cortland, NY

I have been working at AMN Healthcare as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

My recruiter was patient with me as I was a new traveler, willing to go the extra distance to explain how being a traveling nurse worked. I was able to get 2nd contract easily with minimal time in between contracts. My recruiter worked very hard at accommodating me on where I want to work. They were always polite and professional whenever interacting with any members of the company.

Cons

I don't have anything negative to say at this point

A nice company

I have been working at AMN Healthcare full-time

Pros

Flexible when needing time off

Cons

Not much room for growth.

Nov 24, 2014Chief Talent Officer

Thank you for your review! Continuous Improvement is one of AMN’s Core Values and we are committed to the personal and professional development of each team member. The Learning & Talent Development ... More

The main problem here is management

Former Employee - Anonymous in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous in San Diego, CA

I worked at AMN Healthcare full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Hmm lots of women? easy to make friends.
    Good for entry level position / recent grad's

Cons

Management
    Not a professional environment
    Little room for growth
    Little pay

Need to redirect your focus to your employees. Turn over is so high in many departments- I blame this on management and partially HR. There is not enough QUALITY development happening here. It's also not the most professional environment , employees including management often belittle one another and that's the norm. I once saw a manager flip off an employee (jokingly but who does that)?
    Promotions are based on popularity rather then merit.
    Training is extremely minimal- good luck, you are on your own mentality.

Horrible customer service, payroll is a mess

Former Employee - Travel Physical Therapist in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Travel Physical Therapist in New York, NY

I worked at AMN Healthcare full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Travel, somewhat good money if payroll didn't mess up so much

Cons

Horrible company values and leadership. AMN who is part of MedTravelers needs a lesson in customer relations and how to properly do payroll. Many, MANY of my fellow colleagues have complained about AMN and their payroll system. I even know of someone who was told to "use a calculator" when payroll messed up their time card via a "keying error." In the end she ended up owing AMN over $4,000 due to their mistakes (mind you this was from an assignment she had finished almost 8 months ago). The way they treated her and how they went about discussing this with her was not professional at all. This is one of many cons about working here. When you do have a customer support issue (like you will) get ready to be on hold for an hour or two. This is a corporation and their main concern is about the bottom dollar.

Hire new management in payroll, change the way people submit their time sheets to payroll, give all of your "customer service" employees a lesson in customer service. These poor people seem burnt out and or just plain rude. I think more and more people will continue to have issues with payroll. Instead of focusing their energy and the companies money on fixing their mistakes - proper training would be beneficial.

Dec 15, 2014Division Vice Present, Med Travelers

I am very sorry to hear about your experience. Med Travelers truly values our travelers and we strive to provide a positive and customer service-focused experience across every aspect of your ... More

AMN needs some help

Current Employee - Client Accounting Representative in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Client Accounting Representative in San Diego, CA

I have been working at AMN Healthcare full-time (more than a year)

Pros

People are nice but fake

Cons

Low Pay; Upper management has absolutely NOOO idea what is going on. Some people drink the koolaid but thats because they are fresh out of college. Its pretty sad how glaring it is. Honestly executives, you guys do nothing that really matters. You are lucky the macro effects of obamacare is helping you

Get a grip. Interview people in accounting and on the front lines. You truly are pathetic.

Thanksgiving for No time off!!

Current Employee - Recruiter in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in San Diego, CA

I have been working at AMN Healthcare (more than 3 years)

Pros

The cafe. A parking garage? Crappy management?

Cons

On a day we give thanks, I'd like to give thanks to AMN for no Christmas time off...to a three year tenured employee whose family is 3,000 miles away. Thanks for allowing me to not see my family on Christmas...for a job I can do, and asked to do remotely. And was denied. Thanks guys!

How about you not have employees work holidays. And pay more than $15-$17 an hour

Dec 5, 2014Division President, Travel Nursing

I am sorry to hear that you were unable to get the time off you requested this holiday season and understand your frustration. In order to best support our healthcare professionals who are working ... More

AMN Healthcare Photos

Outside AMN, whose mission is to provide innovative healthcare workforce solutions and staffing services that help our clients, clinicians and physicians deliver excellent, cost effective patient care
Benefits at AMN’s San Diego office include an on-site gym, Starbucks and restaurant. Additionally, AMN offers a total rewards package, including base salary, incentives, benefits and recognition.

+ Add Photo