AMN Healthcare

Updated December 9, 2014
3.1

AMN Healthcare President, CEO, and Director Susan R. Salka
Susan R. Salka

Pros
  • AMN is a great place to work because of the people (in 7 reviews)

• Nice cafe and gym for employees (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Low pay compared to other companies (in 9 reviews)

• The burn out is extremely high and as another review mentioned, there's a revolving door the size of Texas (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Highly political company that runs off empty promises and gossip

Former Employee - Quality Services Analyst in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Quality Services Analyst in San Diego, CA

I worked at AMN Healthcare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The bottom tiered employees are great. Everyone has a great attitude and wants to try to succeed. It's a great place to start your career and gain initial experience but, there is a reason this company has a ridiculously high turnover rate.

Cons

The leadership of this company from the supervisors all the way up past senior directors thrives off of gossip. They tell employees details to get in the click. If you are well liked you can make your way up higher than if they see you as a challenge or if you don't go along with their thought process. They hold rules up with some people and not with others. They also don't hold true to their word. They will try to get you to stay with empty promises that don't turn into anything.

You need to start to realize that talked to employees about other employees will never bread trust or any of the "values" that you say your company holds. Try to listen to the employee. For the love of god realize that you need to pay your employees more if you want them to stay

Knows the travel industry well

Former Employee - MRI Technologist
    Former Employee - MRI Technologist

I worked at AMN Healthcare as a contractor (more than 5 years)

Pros

they take care of you when on a contract and make sure everything goes well.

Cons

not enough contracts available, some low salary contracts

Love it!

I have been working at AMN Healthcare full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

culture, people, the industry leader

Cons

getting better but could be more agile.

Lacks diversity and authenticity. Felt that they bring on people who are exactly alike - carbon copies.

Former Employee - Technology in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Technology in San Diego, CA

I worked at AMN Healthcare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Growing organization with a solid financial health, they make smart financial decisions for the company and their employees. Some departments are better organized than others. Going through growing pains which can be both positive and negative. Made some good friends.

Cons

Homogenous environment, very vanilla, lacks true character. If you do not fit the company image you may be removed. Made some good friends but many of them left the organization.

Build employee programs which matter not the standard "out of the box" typical stuff. If you can't pay more on the base salary offer more performance based pay or other incentives to keep people.

Jul 1, 2014Chief Talent Officer

Thank you for your thoughtful feedback. AMN values its team members and strives to regularly improve the overall work experience. I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you more about your ... More

resume builder

I have been working at AMN Healthcare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

For young, recent college graduates AMN provides a great entry into the corporate world.

Cons

The growth opportunities here however are limited. After three years with the company I do not feel like there is much else to get out of my time here.

Great culture!

I have been working at AMN Healthcare full-time

Pros

onsite Starbucks, people are really friendly, beautiful building

Cons

no bonus, pay is not high

Offer bonuses or annual pay advancement

Low pay, no raises, heavy workload, under appreciated, advancement opportunities for favored employees, and gossip

I have been working at AMN Healthcare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Starbucks in the cafeteria and a somewhat flexible schedule depending on the department you work in.

Cons

Title says it all. Over worked, under paid, stressful, unbalanced workload amongst team, no raises, and no appreciation. Promotions are given to favored employees with a lighter and less complicated workload based on favoritism, high school environment full of gossip. Micro-management! Benefits are also horrible.

Executives, you mean well but unfortunately mid level management is disgraceful. Fix your systems and define your processes. Pay your employees accordingly and offer raises for increased workloads. Even the workload. Stop giving promotions to those who are part of your good old boys and girls club. What about years of service? Does that not make a difference? Approve head counts based on workload not the "numbers".

Jul 31, 2014Chief Talent Officer

I am sorry to hear you are disappointed with parts of your AMN experience. We are proud that so many team members have excelled at AMN and we continue to stay committed to The AMN Difference ... More

Wonderfu;

Current Employee - Travel RN in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Travel RN in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at AMN Healthcare as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

They have lots of postings due to their large size, at the same time they have given me personal attention for a late time sheet that was paid on time.

Cons

I at this time have not experienced a downside.

Life sucking bully infested black hole

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at AMN Healthcare full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

If you like coasters and pens for a job well done this is the place. Oh and if annoying cheerleaders are your thing then you will definitely be on the top of the pyramid.

Cons

Lying is rewarded. Favorites are rewarded despite performance. Star employees are made to be sacrificial lambs when the company is taken to task for a broken system they didn't fix for the client.
    The character and moral compass of recruitment managers is horrific. Political aspirations? This is the place for you then.

Advice? Yeah Right. They are the main problem.

Jul 1, 2014Chief Talent Officer

I am very sorry to hear about your experience. We hold our entire company to the highest ethical standards and take all feedback seriously. I would like to discuss your experience in more detail and ... More

Wonderful Experience

Current Employee - Phlebotomist in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Phlebotomist in Dallas, TX

I have been working at AMN Healthcare as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Good pay with incentives. Helpful Recruiters and sincere in finding a job for you. You can also get bonuses with other people you refer to the company.

Cons

Sometime you have to wait 1-3 months in between jobs. Sometimes you have to travel far away from your hometown.

Would be so much better if didn't have so much down time in between assignments.

AMN Healthcare Photos

Outside AMN, whose mission is to provide innovative healthcare workforce solutions and staffing services that help our clients, clinicians and physicians deliver excellent, cost effective patient care
Benefits at AMN’s San Diego office include an on-site gym, Starbucks and restaurant. Additionally, AMN offers a total rewards package, including base salary, incentives, benefits and recognition.

+ Add Photo