AMN Healthcare Reviews

Updated March 25, 2015
136 reviews filtered by

1. Tammy and Heather are easy to work with!

Current Employee - Travel Nurse
    Current Employee - Travel Nurse

I have been working at AMN Healthcare full-time

Pros

My recruiters are flexible and willing to work with me. Great communication.

Cons

Unfortunately compensation is only ok.

2. I love going to work every day!

Current Employee - Customer Account Manager in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Account Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at AMN Healthcare full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Everyone that I work with is hard working, focused, and, just plain nice. My current position is challenging but, being able to resolve issues that directly impact our clinicians lives is extremely rewarding.

Cons

I don't feel I've been with the company long enough to have anything of significance to say.

My on-boarding was flawless. My training was great. Keep up the good work.

Are you Considering Working for AMN?

Former Employee - Travel Nurse Recruiter in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Travel Nurse Recruiter in San Diego, CA

I worked at AMN Healthcare full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Big company, they give you food and drinks during training. They have a gym in the build, really small, but it's still a gym none the less.

Cons

Other than the free perks, this company is greedy, does not respect their employees and they have a very high turn over rate. They invite a ton of people to their open house events to make it seem exclusive but you can honestly just walk in. They like to make a big event out of it to make it seem like its a highly sought out job and they'll have presenters, snacks and they'll tell you how amazing AMN is and why you should work for them. Now if you actually get past that facade, then you'll be joining an extremely intensive training where for 3 months! What they don't tell you about this training is that you can get fired at anytime! THAT IS WHAT THIS REVIEW IS ABOUT! 1 week in, 2 weeks in, 1 months in, they will call you downstairs unexpectedly and fire you if they feel like you cannot grasp the technology, if they say you are a little distracted, any reason they don't like. They have absolutely no patience and will drop you during training, the time when you're still learning and grasping concepts. Then they'll have someone take your stuff downstairs and they mail you the rest of your belongs, and kick you out of the building. NO WARNING, NO FEEDBACK TO HELP YOU TO IMPROVE DURING TRAINING, NO RESPECT, NO STABILITY, they're cut-throat and ruthless for new hires. Even worse is that the recruiters still have your resume on file so they'll continuously call you to invite you to their next open house! Trust me, you don't want to work for a company like this!

Life/Work Balance

I have been working at AMN Healthcare full-time

Pros

AMN supports quality of life as well as building your career. Peer partnerships make it a great place to work!

Cons

At times, slow to strategically respond to staffing needs

Listen to middle management and front line staff members; they know what is happening every day and can give great insight to moving the business forward and remaining relevant and competitive.

I'd rather be the victim of a shark attack

Former Employee - Account Manager in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in San Diego, CA

I worked at AMN Healthcare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The cafe, and only the cafe.

Cons

This company wastes more time and resources than it does work. This place is heavily female, extremely catty, and driven primarily by emotion as opposed to logic and reason. Their "commission" structure, if you can even call it that, was a very poorly constructed. It was very difficult to actually hit any sort of goal that would bring home anything other than peanuts.

Soul-sucking liars!

Former Employee - Recruitment Manager in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Recruitment Manager in San Diego, CA

I worked at AMN Healthcare full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The company is so big you meet tons of people & make many new friends.

Cons

I wouldn't have given this company any stars, but in order to write a review I had to. This company micromanages you & all they care about are numbers. Different rules apply to different people. They do not treat you as actual people here - you are basically a robot. The reviews listed on this page are beyond inaccurate & that is because leadership asks their employees to write positive reviews about the company so they can "fix their reputation."

If you want to fix your reputation, why don't you make changes on how things are run rather than covering up your bad rep with fake reviews.

8. A company where you go as a person and a business professional

Current Employee - Recruitment Manager in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Recruitment Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at AMN Healthcare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I am approaching my 3 year mark with AMN Healthcare and could not be happier. I started here right before I turned 23. I have my BS degree and had previous sales and work experience. You walk in and see smiles on everyone's faces. People are genuinely happy working here and you can sense that in the energy and overall atmosphere in the building. We have amazing accommodations including Starbucks and a grill for breakfast and lunch. I have been able to interact with the CEO Susan Salka, who is one of the nicest and most motivating individuals I have ever come across. I have mentors that have helped me develop in to the business professional and person I am today. I really do not know what I would do without them. The company loves to reward us for our hard work and thanks us all throughout the year. I can go on and on about how wonderful this company is because I truly believe they are one of the best corporations and communities out there.

Cons

I chose to live a bit away so traffic can be a bit of a problem but that was a personal decision.

Collaborative, Innovative Organization

Current Employee - Client Account Representative in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Client Account Representative in Irving, TX

I have been working at AMN Healthcare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The people make this a great place! Teammates are always looking out for the best interest of the team, not just themselves. There is a huge amount of time and effort spent listening to employees, and actually making adjustments based on feedback. This is a rarity with such a large company! AMN also promotes internal transitioning into new roles/teams, and pays for referrals. There is uncapped earning potential on commissions.

Cons

It is all in-office work, generally 8am-5pm, but can be flexible. The metrics are pretty high, and are non-negotiable, but attainable. Base pay is average, and increases with raises. Commission percentages are low, but again, they increase with promotions.

Keep up the good work! Increase continuing education not only for production, but for management as well.

10. Great entry-level jobs

Current Employee - Data Imaging Specialist in Del Mar, CA
    Current Employee - Data Imaging Specialist in Del Mar, CA

I have been working at AMN Healthcare full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The managers are very friendly and they always ensure your development career wise and ethics wise.

Cons

They are very strict on their ethics: There was a department meeting where the director made a few off-hand comments and someone complained. She ended up having to resigning the next day and it felt like this was too drastic of a reprimand.

Highly political company that runs off empty promises and gossip

Former Employee - Quality Services Analyst in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Quality Services Analyst in San Diego, CA

I worked at AMN Healthcare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The bottom tiered employees are great. Everyone has a great attitude and wants to try to succeed. It's a great place to start your career and gain initial experience but, there is a reason this company has a ridiculously high turnover rate.

Cons

The leadership of this company from the supervisors all the way up past senior directors thrives off of gossip. They tell employees details to get in the click. If you are well liked you can make your way up higher than if they see you as a challenge or if you don't go along with their thought process. They hold rules up with some people and not with others. They also don't hold true to their word. They will try to get you to stay with empty promises that don't turn into anything.

You need to start to realize that talked to employees about other employees will never bread trust or any of the "values" that you say your company holds. Try to listen to the employee. For the love of god realize that you need to pay your employees more if you want them to stay

AMN Healthcare Photos

Outside AMN, whose mission is to provide innovative healthcare workforce solutions and staffing services that help our clients, clinicians and physicians deliver excellent, cost effective patient care
Benefits at AMN’s San Diego office include an on-site gym, Starbucks and restaurant. Additionally, AMN offers a total rewards package, including base salary, incentives, benefits and recognition.

+ Add Photo