AMN Healthcare Reviews

Updated April 13, 2015
140 reviews filtered by

1. great company to work for!

Former Employee - Sonographer in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Sonographer in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at AMN Healthcare full-time (less than a year)

Pros

they worked diligently to accommodate the facility and myself

Cons

I can't think of any cons

Advice to Management

Erin McConnell was an excellent, helpful, accommodating recruiter.

A place to be complacent.

Current Employee - Associate Vendor Coordinator in Del Mar, CA
    Current Employee - Associate Vendor Coordinator in Del Mar, CA

I have been working at AMN Healthcare full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good company for about a year or two, some people stay longer. Management is good and training is usually extensive, although a lot of information doesn't pertain to a lot of job titles. Company values are good and they do try. Cafe downstairs is great with a Starbucks and I think all team members are nice. Good place to learn basics of business.

Cons

The turnover rate for employees is very high. It's very easy to stay complacent. Time off is hard to get because you need to have your accounts covered. Raises and promotions are far and few between, I think they could do better on promoting from within. Quality Services floor is kind of a hard place to work, there is not a lot to motivate you to work except for the pay, which is not very good. They just implemented a merit based system but haven't seen any benefits yet.

Advice to Management

Create a more uplifting environment for employees, especially QS where there is little motivation to work hard.

Worst IT Job ever

Former Employee - IT Engineer in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - IT Engineer in San Diego, CA

I worked at AMN Healthcare full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Not much to add here. Worst climate to work in IT ever!

Cons

IT management lacks any tact or ture vision - Its like working for a General Contractor. How long can you hang your hat on "In the old days, I use to go to Steve's house and work on his PC. Thats how I got this job..." The IT Operations folks are dysfunctional.

5. Good company to start with

I have been working at AMN Healthcare

Pros

training is extensive, name brand recognition in the market place, small company feel with a team first atmosphere, travel and expenses paid by company

Cons

technology and methodology antiquated, clients have been burned by failed searches, rigidity in process and a good number of the recruiters are lazy and work "good searches"...too many layers of management, no company cc for travel

Advice to Management

bring technology to 2010...focus less on selling mail and look at other ways to market....revise the fee structure and make the recruiters work to fill searches instead of picking and choosing. I do not think that a 1 / 4 ratio of success is enough to beat your chest about.

6. Tammy and Heather are easy to work with!

Current Employee - Travel Nurse
    Current Employee - Travel Nurse

I have been working at AMN Healthcare full-time

Pros

My recruiters are flexible and willing to work with me. Great communication.

Cons

Unfortunately compensation is only ok.

7. I love going to work every day!

Current Employee - Customer Account Manager in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Account Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at AMN Healthcare full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Everyone that I work with is hard working, focused, and, just plain nice. My current position is challenging but, being able to resolve issues that directly impact our clinicians lives is extremely rewarding.

Cons

I don't feel I've been with the company long enough to have anything of significance to say.

Advice to Management

My on-boarding was flawless. My training was great. Keep up the good work.

Are you Considering Working for AMN?

Former Employee - Travel Nurse Recruiter in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Travel Nurse Recruiter in San Diego, CA

I worked at AMN Healthcare full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Big company, they give you food and drinks during training. They have a gym in the build, really small, but it's still a gym none the less.

Cons

Other than the free perks, this company is greedy, does not respect their employees and they have a very high turn over rate. They invite a ton of people to their open house events to make it seem exclusive but you can honestly just walk in. They like to make a big event out of it to make it seem like its a highly sought out job and they'll have presenters, snacks and they'll tell you how amazing AMN is and why you should work for them. Now if you actually get past that facade, then you'll be joining an extremely intensive training where for 3 months! What they don't tell you about this training is that you can get fired at anytime! THAT IS WHAT THIS REVIEW IS ABOUT! 1 week in, 2 weeks in, 1 months in, they will call you downstairs unexpectedly and fire you if they feel like you cannot grasp the technology, if they say you are a little distracted, any reason they don't like. They have absolutely no patience and will drop you during training, the time when you're still learning and grasping concepts. Then they'll have someone take your stuff downstairs and they mail you the rest of your belongs, and kick you out of the building. NO WARNING, NO FEEDBACK TO HELP YOU TO IMPROVE DURING TRAINING, NO RESPECT, NO STABILITY, they're cut-throat and ruthless for new hires. Even worse is that the recruiters still have your resume on file so they'll continuously call you to invite you to their next open house! Trust me, you don't want to work for a company like this!

Life/Work Balance

I have been working at AMN Healthcare full-time

Pros

AMN supports quality of life as well as building your career. Peer partnerships make it a great place to work!

Cons

At times, slow to strategically respond to staffing needs

Advice to Management

Listen to middle management and front line staff members; they know what is happening every day and can give great insight to moving the business forward and remaining relevant and competitive.

A company where you go as a person and a business professional

Current Employee - Recruitment Manager in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Recruitment Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at AMN Healthcare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I am approaching my 3 year mark with AMN Healthcare and could not be happier. I started here right before I turned 23. I have my BS degree and had previous sales and work experience. You walk in and see smiles on everyone's faces. People are genuinely happy working here and you can sense that in the energy and overall atmosphere in the building. We have amazing accommodations including Starbucks and a grill for breakfast and lunch. I have been able to interact with the CEO Susan Salka, who is one of the nicest and most motivating individuals I have ever come across. I have mentors that have helped me develop in to the business professional and person I am today. I really do not know what I would do without them. The company loves to reward us for our hard work and thanks us all throughout the year. I can go on and on about how wonderful this company is because I truly believe they are one of the best corporations and communities out there.

Cons

I chose to live a bit away so traffic can be a bit of a problem but that was a personal decision.

I'd rather be the victim of a shark attack

Former Employee - Account Manager in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in San Diego, CA

I worked at AMN Healthcare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The cafe, and only the cafe.

Cons

This company wastes more time and resources than it does work. This place is heavily female, extremely catty, and driven primarily by emotion as opposed to logic and reason. Their "commission" structure, if you can even call it that, was a very poorly constructed. It was very difficult to actually hit any sort of goal that would bring home anything other than peanuts.

AMN Healthcare Photos

Outside AMN, whose mission is to provide innovative healthcare workforce solutions and staffing services that help our clients, clinicians and physicians deliver excellent, cost effective patient care
Benefits at AMN’s San Diego office include an on-site gym, Starbucks and restaurant. Additionally, AMN offers a total rewards package, including base salary, incentives, benefits and recognition.

+ Add Photo