AMRESCO

Be The First To
Add Photos

Michael Mascali

8 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

I think that AMRESCO is a great place to work and a new challenge is always available.

Infrastructure Analyst (Current Employee) Solon, OH

ProsThe work, the people, the environment, the location, the growth, and the pay. Departments have mobility upwards.

ConsGrowth is steady, but not neck-breaking, different departments have limited opportunities.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think that management is doing it right, I'd be nit-picking to "advise" management.

A fast paced, yet somewhat disorganized environment.

Lab Tech (Current Employee) Solon, OH

ProsDecent pay scale, comparable benefits, company outings. A great place to earn experience in the chemical industry.

ConsDifficult to advance. Disconnect between executives and associates. Negative atmosphere in some departments.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop trying to place blame and involve the employees more in the decision making process.

May 27, 2014

At this time, more than any other, there are so many opportunities for transfer to other departments, advancement within departments, and expansion to global roles within VWR. With growth, comes ... More

Land of opportunity

Supervisor (Current Employee) Solon, OH

ProsWork hard and be rewarded with career opportunities. Growing company, now owned by a large corporation, that retains much of its family atmosphere. If you are open to learning, there's an endless supply of things to absorb. Lots of improvements and new equipment.

ConsThe company is growing, and along with that growth, there is a lot of change. This is great if you remain flexible; not so great if you want to maintain the status quo. Business is heavily regulated so you have to pay attention to details and follow procedures. Split in five buildings.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep focusing on the people.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A lot of growth but a lot of growing pains

Quality Assurance Associate (Former Employee) Solon, OH

ProsAmresco is a small company so you get to know everyone quickly. In my position, I was allowed to learn and participate in anything I wanted. I also enjoyed the company picnics, turkeys for Thanksgiving, company meetings and events that made me feel like part of a family.

ConsThere's more work than people, which is usually the case with small companies. Some of their buildings are old and falling apart and the manufacturing/filling staff is not treated very well. Although they recognize good employees, there are not a lot of opportunities to move around.

Mar 3, 2014

Due to our growth this past year, there have been several people who have moved to different departments and/or been promoted.

Very strange culture, but decent place to learn the ropes

Lab Tech (Former Employee) Solon, OH

ProsYou can learn every aspect of the position you are in if you are motivated.

A few decent people there, but its more of a sea of depression.

Experience in an ISO / FDA facility. Ability to learn things and take them to a better company.

ConsNo advancement opportunities, very much a butt-kissing / back-scratching the right people to make any headway in terms of advancement.

Company expects miracles with outdated equipment. Manufacturing, testing, and dispensing equipment are all 1950s - 1970s equipment with few exceptions.

"Beaten / downtrodden" demeanor from workforce. No recognition or praise is given here, you only hear about negatives.

Poor processes, company does things wrong MANY times before attempting to fix / improve things. Not open to ideas from employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the employees, promote the stars so they don't leave.

Mar 3, 2014

Hard work and dedication pays off for many with leadership capabilities. There have been many process improvements in the last year, acquisition of new equipment and capital improvements in several ... More

Extremely low trust environment with a micro-managing CEO

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Solon, OH

ProsGrowing, profitable company, reasonable pay rate.

ConsHigh turnover, low trust. Not a collabrative environment. Quick to fire employees that loss favor.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe poor cutlure is driven by leadership (or lack of). Try trusting the relevant experts to due their jobs.

Mar 3, 2014

We've grown quite a bit since this review was written. Leadership has changed; many new associates, supervisors and managers have been hired from the outside, while we continue to develop talent and ... More

Great working atmosphere. Opportunities to learn are endless.

Senior Scientist (Former Employee) Solon, OH

ProsAwesome annual company picnics. Great health benefit package. Opportunity for learning many different aspects of biotech industry. Company is small enough that a Scientist (if necessary or desired) can wear many hats, and learn so much more. Amresco recognizes a need for scientists to attend trade shows and support the technical/ sales team.

ConsThe salary for advanced scientist is about 30% lower than the standard for that area.

Advice to Senior ManagementDetermine and clarify the advancement path in the company and stick to it! if there is no advancement (for a particular position), than state so. It is very demoralizing to see somebody who appears less qualified in every aspect, advance.

Mar 3, 2014

There have been advancements in training and development, talent management and succession planning in 2012 and 2013.

AMRESCO

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Solon, OH

ProsAMRESCO is an industry leader in the life science industry. They are continuosly developing new products for DNA and RNA research that will improve quality of outcomes and decreasing the time of the research from start to finish. They also manufacture chemicals specific to customer needs.

ConsAMRESCO has four different buildings so coordinating meetings for people from the different areas is difficult. Communication between departments needs to improve and some of the facilities need to be updated. Certain departments tend to micro manage and compensation tends to be on the low side. Employee bonuses are tied to other departments which means they are rarely paid out and can cause animosity between departments.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not tie employee bonus incentives to other departments productivity. One department could be performing at a high level but because another department performs poorly they are penalized because they will not receive a bonus. This bonus structure is actually a disincentive for employees. I would suggest having two tiers- one for department performance and another bonus tied to overall company performance.

Mar 3, 2014

Our parent company VWR has made extensive investments in improving facilities in the past couple of years since this review was written. We now have five buildings.

Worked for AMRESCO? Contribute to the Community!