AMS Retail Solutions

Marketing Company

Former Employee - Human Resources Representative  in  Mooresville, NC
    Former Employee - Human Resources Representative in Mooresville, NC

I worked at AMS Retail Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

It was a great comany to work for.

Cons

Traveling the distance to work daily.

Good company

Former Employee - Merchandiser  in  Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Merchandiser in Richmond, VA

I worked at AMS Retail Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good leadership, has expanded to service other outlets besides Lowes. All eggs are not in one basket. Some merchandising some selling opportunities.

Cons

You are at the mercy of your contracts with your manufacturers. Work life balance is OK, pay is low but standard with the industry.

Keep looking to expand into other channels. You have done a great job doing this

Lousy Management

Former Employee - Territory Manager
    Former Employee - Territory Manager

I worked at AMS Retail Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

Not too many. You are pretty much left to run your territory. Customers very receptive and friendly. Upper management is relatively decent.

Cons

Where to start? I am not sure about the rest of the Regional Management, but mine was quite possibly the laziest human walking. Suggestions were ignored, opinions that were thought to be kept in confidence were later used against you and I was told I overt-thought things (no clue what that is supposed to mean). Territory changes were too much work regardless how much sense it made. Pay extremely low for the amount of travel required. A rep that couldn't cover his stores was given props in the company newsletter for doing something that we were told to shy away from because of lack of effectiveness - this manager even said it was a waste (not well received). there were also Leads were also used - they were clueless. I never in my 25+ years in the business have had an issue with a manager - lazy and backstabbing has never been an issue (I even spoke to an ex manager who still deals with this company and he could not believe how I was treated).

Spend some time with your Regional Managers and ask a few questions about who he has worked with, what he has done to bring ideas to the company, what employee recommendations have been past along and what criteria is used for grading reps.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Really Under Paid

I have been working at AMS Retail Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible schedule and Flexible hours that's it

Cons

Lowest paid in Industry, Runzheimer program, Lack of communication from leadership, Money out pocket for Gas (Travel for average employee is 1000 miles a week) so you are out of pocket for gas each week. You get reimbursed for mileage only not gas. Your mileage rate is usually around .21 cents a mile so imagine how little you get back. Yes you do get a fixed car allowance too which isn't enough to cover your gas for 2 weeks. Big Brother watching you. No 401K

Go back to the old car allowance program. Communicate more with the field about policies. Don't expect your employees to be out of pocket $500 to $700 a month for gas you don't pay enough for your employees to carry that amount each month.

Bosch Sales

Current Employee - Sales Consultant  in  Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Tampa, FL

I have been working at AMS Retail Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good schedule, Freedom, Flexible, Meet new people

Cons

You need to be self motivated

Worked for AMS Retail Solutions? Contribute to the Community!