AMS Retail Solutions

Chris Nozet

Marketing Company

Former Employee - Human Resources Representative in Mooresville, NC
    Former Employee - Human Resources Representative in Mooresville, NC

I worked at AMS Retail Solutions full-time (more than a year)

Pros

It was a great comany to work for.

Cons

Traveling the distance to work daily.

Survival Job

Former Employee - Field Service Representative
    Former Employee - Field Service Representative

I worked at AMS Retail Solutions

Pros

-Schedule flexibility.
    -A company vehicle was provided.

Cons

-in two years with the company my territory doubled, with no increase in compensation. I had to start working weekends, just to stay on top of things. Management was not interested in hearing me out (get it done no matter what mentality)
    -Low wage
    -VERY large workload
    -Work took over weekends
    -Very little room for growth
    -Career stagnation
    -Very poor communication between management and employees
    -10-12 hour workdays, with compensation for 7-8
    -Working with chemicals is a clear health hazard.
    - Management was only interested in numbers, and not quality of work.

World class example of a "survival job". Working at AMS beats losing your house, but in no way should be treated as a career move. The senior management's strategy is to load as much work as possible, and if a employee quits, they are very easily replaced. You will hear promises of advancement, but in reality it is just a trick to keep you girding away.

Try being an FSR for a week.

Management is totally incompetent and will use the Reps as a scapegoat for their glaring faults.

Current Employee - Field Service Representative
    Current Employee - Field Service Representative

I have been working at AMS Retail Solutions full-time (more than a year)

Pros

None that I can think of.

Cons

As a Field Service Rep, know that what you are being told during the interview process are lies. It's the only way they can suck anyone in. You will be serving as a warehouse, so be prepared to give up your home. You will be required to spend nights in cheap hotels, for which you will receive no reward points. You will be told that you are getting 2 weeks vacation to start, when in reality you will be accruing 2 weeks. You can't take it until you accrue it. You will be told that it is a 40 hr a week job, I am presently putting in between 50 & 60 hrs a week just to attempt to stay afloat. I also need to spend 2 to 3 hrs every Saturday to plan my next week and organize the truck. BTW, overtime is paid at half pay. There are no raises. They require that you give the customer your personal cell #. The customer likes to call you on weekends, There are always open routes because people quit all the time. If you are anywhere near one of them? Be prepared to expand your horizons into that territory, You will be forced to do what makes the supervisor look good, then you will be blamed for not getting your side of things done, There will be another opening soon if you are interested. BTW, the position pays about $10,000.00 a year less than it should. Me? at this point? No amount would keep me there.

Management? Gut it and find some human beings.

Good company

Former Employee - Merchandiser in Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Merchandiser in Richmond, VA

I worked at AMS Retail Solutions full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good leadership, has expanded to service other outlets besides Lowes. All eggs are not in one basket. Some merchandising some selling opportunities.

Cons

You are at the mercy of your contracts with your manufacturers. Work life balance is OK, pay is low but standard with the industry.

Keep looking to expand into other channels. You have done a great job doing this

Lousy Management

Former Employee - Territory Manager
    Former Employee - Territory Manager

I worked at AMS Retail Solutions full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Not too many. You are pretty much left to run your territory. Customers very receptive and friendly. Upper management is relatively decent.

Cons

Where to start? I am not sure about the rest of the Regional Management, but mine was quite possibly the laziest human walking. Suggestions were ignored, opinions that were thought to be kept in confidence were later used against you and I was told I overt-thought things (no clue what that is supposed to mean). Territory changes were too much work regardless how much sense it made. Pay extremely low for the amount of travel required. A rep that couldn't cover his stores was given props in the company newsletter for doing something that we were told to shy away from because of lack of effectiveness - this manager even said it was a waste (not well received). there were also Leads were also used - they were clueless. I never in my 25+ years in the business have had an issue with a manager - lazy and backstabbing has never been an issue (I even spoke to an ex manager who still deals with this company and he could not believe how I was treated).

Spend some time with your Regional Managers and ask a few questions about who he has worked with, what he has done to bring ideas to the company, what employee recommendations have been past along and what criteria is used for grading reps.

Really Under Paid

I have been working at AMS Retail Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule and Flexible hours that's it

Cons

Lowest paid in Industry, Runzheimer program, Lack of communication from leadership, Money out pocket for Gas (Travel for average employee is 1000 miles a week) so you are out of pocket for gas each week. You get reimbursed for mileage only not gas. Your mileage rate is usually around .21 cents a mile so imagine how little you get back. Yes you do get a fixed car allowance too which isn't enough to cover your gas for 2 weeks. Big Brother watching you. No 401K

Go back to the old car allowance program. Communicate more with the field about policies. Don't expect your employees to be out of pocket $500 to $700 a month for gas you don't pay enough for your employees to carry that amount each month.

Bosch Sales

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Tampa, FL

I have been working at AMS Retail Solutions full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good schedule, Freedom, Flexible, Meet new people

Cons

You need to be self motivated