AMTI

Not yet rated.

Susan B.Chodakewitz

Typical government contracting job

IT Specialist (Former Employee) Washington, DC

ProsBecause I worked at the client site, I never interacted with any of my direct AMTI management. That can be a blessing and a curse. Hands off management. I worked as a sub contractor to a bigger government contractor who I reported to directly.

ConsBecause I worked at the client site, I never interacted with any of my direct AMTI management. That can be a blessing and a curse. AMTI is a small division within the parent company, Tetra Tech, which acquired AMT a few years back. AMT is the only division within Tetra Tech that does IT work and it's a government contractor with limited contracts, so there is no room for growth both inside and outside the DC metro area. The paid time off, sick time and paid holidays all come from the same pool of time, so you lose PTO every time you take a holiday off.

Advice to Senior ManagementAMT doesn't really fit in with the rest of Tetra Tech. Make PTO, sick and holiday time separate from each other.

Great company to work for

Quality Consultant (Current Employee) Arlington, VA

ProsThe people who work here are wonderful, the pay is decent, benefits are good, you get an office (no cubes!), respected, listened to, and management is easy to talk to. There are a lot of places to go out for lunch. No micromanagement so you are in charge of yourself and meeting your requirements.

ConsThe staff kitchen areas could use some improvements and more opportunities for training would be great! It takes a while for any materials to be added to the kitchens (paper towels, soap, sugar, etc.) so people usually go out and buy their own.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

Okay if you have specialized (billable) IT skills

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Arlington, VA

ProsOn some contracts, the clients are really easy to work with.
    Most staff work at client sites and do not have to deal with politics at HQ.

ConsLow pay. The will do anything to maximize profits.
    No new business in over 2 years. They are limping along on existing contracts.
    Inept senior management. The president just keeps hiring more VPs when she really needs to get rid of her "yes man" COO.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry treating your people better. The benefits package is a joke. The stupid employee newsletter is a waste of time.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Nothing exception here. Its your standard government contracting company.

Senior Systems Analyst (Former Employee)

ProsThe employees were a good group of people to work with.

ConsManagement is not interested in developing employees or providing opportunities for advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementHope things have changed since the merger

ok

Software Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsWork and clients and pay

Consmanagement, strange logic, and hinderance

Advice to Senior ManagementNo advice feedback as such. Let them do what they have to do. Nothing really from my side. Not much advice

OK company to work for.

Programmer (Former Employee)

ProsDo not have to deal with politics at HQ.

ConsNot very well managed company.

Advice to Senior Management.

Moving in the right direction...but slowly

Pros-Upper Management is trying to instill some pride in the company and improve
    -Some big wins are getting the firm noticed

Cons-Holdovers from previous regime throughout the company are lazy and incapable
    -Facilities are dated

Advice to Senior ManagementTrim the fat ALREADY!! There are countless hungry and motivated people out there, time for an infusion of talent and new blood.

AMTI is now owned by Ultralife Battery. SAIC sold them in late 2008-early 2009

Mechanical Engineer 03 (Former Employee)

ProsGreat tools to do your job, and always plenty of work for the most part. You are also mostly working alone and free to come up with solutions on your own.

ConsSpineless, useless management, and too many "micro managers." The company was losing tons of money as they are too stupid with finances. Bought a lot of equipment that should have been leased.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more competent management and less of it.

Worked for AMTI? Contribute to the Community!