ANCILE Solutions

Updated September 14, 2014
2.3

ANCILE Solutions CEO Frank Lonergan
Frank Lonergan

Good company, no advancement opportunities

Current Employee - Technical Solutions  in  Elkridge, MD
    Current Employee - Technical Solutions in Elkridge, MD

I have been working at ANCILE Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great culture, great benefits, and is very innovative, so there's a lot to learn.

Cons

No advancement opportunities which means no opportunities for salary increases outside of the yearly 3% increase.
    The work load is overwhelming because we do not have enough bodies in support, however there are no plans to hire new bodies.

In the last 6 months, we have been given a lot to take on, without any additional help, and are now required to handle issues that would've previously been escalated to engineering solutions, as well as escalations. Additionally, there's no chance of being promoted or given a salary increase because all of the roles have been combined. I really feel that we all should be given some sort of salary increase, that would really boast the moral in the office.

You are valued

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Elkridge, MD

I have been working at ANCILE Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

Although my position is non-management, my voice has been heard with process and suggestions. I feel as though I am a valued employee.

Cons

This company is always changing, but I feel this is not a bad thing. I feel they are listening to employees and the market place.

Great Work/Home Balance

Former Employee - QA Test Analyst  in  Elkridge, MD
    Former Employee - QA Test Analyst in Elkridge, MD

I worked at ANCILE Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

Wonderful Medical, 401K, PTO benefits, the leadership team is working hard to position the company in a way that allows them to respond to their customer base as well releasing cutting edge products

Cons

The transition from a heavy organization to a more lean organization with the ability to adapt quickly and bring products to the market place has many employees dissatisfied with the changes.

Continue moving forward!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

a few really good people but not much else

I have been working at ANCILE Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

flexible hours, a few good people, free parking, good benefits, cto trying to fix everything, work from home, casual fridays

Cons

almost no one has pride or enjoyment in their work or eachother, many rwd leftovers still around with huge salaries while the people who work don't get paid their worth, ceo isn't a technology person, boring and dark office feels empty and like there's nothing going on, almost all business from one partnership, lots of lazy people who don't care

get a new sales team and more people that understand technology

Bureaucratic, Cliquish Culture

Former Employee - Software Engineer  in  Elkridge, MD
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Elkridge, MD

I worked at ANCILE Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Excellent health benefits and 401k program

Cons

This company has processes in place that would be overkill at a company three times its size. Management (as far) as they let us see) is slow to make any kind of decision while strategic opportunities pass them by. They try to model themselves on their largest business partner, a slow moving software behemoth. There are a lot of talented people here, but the talent is wasted.

Not only are they entirely dependent of that single large reseller bundling their software, they are solely dependent on a single product that occupies what is essentially a niche market. They have tried to develop additional products, but they are their own worst enemy. Management diddles everything over and over until any marketing opportunity passes them by.. Without their single partner, they are incapable of bringing a new product to market, and they have no sales force to speak of.

The company has a very cliquish culture, with the original RWD employees being the in-crowd and everyone else being out. The treatment of outsiders ranges from indifference to outright hostility.

There is very little opportunity for professional development and career growth. The company doesn't seem to know where it's going.

Remove some layers of management, consider whether or not you would hire your current managers if they were applying today.

Smaller company that allows everyone to work together across teams

I have been working at ANCILE Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible, good environment, smart team, global, interesting

Cons

Continue to work on being proactive, maintain growth strategy

Continue to listen to the team at all levels of the company

Company in Transition

I worked at ANCILE Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

The company's major revenue source is SAP via a semi-OEM Agreement.

Cons

The company needs to devote resources to develop more revenue generating partners.

A company with potential but limited by mediocre and ineffective management team

I worked at ANCILE Solutions full-time

Pros

Decent work-life balance, satisfactory benefits, great place if you don't want to ever advance in your career

Cons

Ineffective management team, dependency on one partner, limited career growth, favoritism, verbal abuse

RWD was a great company ... and then ANCILE was born. The birth of ANCILE gave ineffective and biased managers fewer places to hide but greater opportunity to flaunt their power. If you play nice, you can stay in their good graces. But if they decide you are a threat, be ready to be ridiculed, embarrassed, shamed and abused under the guise of interest in your professional development when really they just want to make you look bad so to draw attention away from their own inadequacies.

Many of these people were truly good and respectable people during the RWD days but lost sight of the core values and guiding principles that made RWD such a great place. They became bigger fish in a smaller pond so it became a lot more crowded and the fish are fighting for space in the pond. Eat or be eaten.

The biggest little company on the planet.

I have been working at ANCILE Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There are some very bright and talented people here. People are well compensated for the work that they do and a profit sharing pool helps spread the wealth.

Cons

People aren't properly enabled or empowered to do the right thing. Many of those talented people are not used in ways to best leverage their talents. This software company is a 9-5 company that operates in a large bureaucracy similar to our largest partner. Committee driven, slow to make decisions and not entrepreneurial although some especially in management would argue this and not acknowledge this fact. Too many people here are going through the motions and only doing the minimum that that needs to be done with a sense of entitlement for their profit sharing bonus.

Stop doing the same things that you have always done. Bring in new people to change the status quo and do it soon before its too late.

I kept hoping it would get better...

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Elkridge, MD
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Elkridge, MD

I have been working at ANCILE Solutions full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

There are some great people and the new CTO's direction is very forward thinking. CTO talks to us and takes action on what we say, but doesn't change his management team.

Cons

Awful and discouraging leadership pockets. No real sales team, can't find customers for new products unless same partner does all of the work. CEO let's same executive team stay around even when they can't hit goals and make real sales. Director of product development scolds team members, doesn't ever help us, and can't understand technology let alone write code. I'm not sure if he has ever thanked us for our hard work. Some team members of other scrum teams won't answer my questions and help me out, they just say talk to my scrummaster. My small team is great and that's what kept me going, but the work we are rushing to do now at direction of management will yield poor results that I'm sure we will be blamed for.

I've been here for a few RWD years and all of ANCILE. There have been some good decisions and many bad ones that are ignored. It's time for you to clean out your management team and save the good products that you have. I'm on my way out and hoping this message will help my friends in need. Please take this seriously for the people that have worked really hard for you over the years. We are all tired and just want to feel appreciated.

Worked for ANCILE Solutions? Contribute to the Community!