ANPI Reviews

Reset
3.1
Kevin Jacobsen
1 Rating

Exciting growth - Never a dull moment!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Frisco, TX

I have been working at ANPI full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

ANPI is a fantastic place to work, and truly the pros outweigh the cons. The priority they place on the care of their employees - benefits are 100% and irreplaceable and incomparable, health and wellness benefits, reimbursement for out of pocket medical expenses, matched 401K, high volume of PTO, hour flexibility to meet outside of work needs, and so much more. To me, working at ANPI has always been a family environment and everyone, CEO and down (even the board of directors) are caring and inquisitive about not just the employee but their families - I've witnessed first hand the rewarding of hard work with large initiatives were completed to build out a network they sent the 2 project managers and their spouses each on a cruise, when an employee had a miscarriage they sent her and her husband on a weekend paid getaway, when a single mom had been ill but continued to work and put the company as a priority they sent her and her 9 year old daughter on week long paid vacation to Walt Disney World - the list truly goes on and on. It is a company that puts back in what great employees give out.

Cons

Are there cons, absolutely! But we live in the real world and not a perfect world. Recent changes in the industry have shifted a huge importance on changing to support our customer's needs so they can be successful in the future as well - that caused some very fast growth in both products and staff and growing pains are never easy. There is not opportunity for individual career growth the way that many companies have, there does tend to be more hiring from outside than giving someone already here the ability to learn and explore their interest (and that is just from growing too fast that we can't bear the idea of letting someone leave what they are doing now and having to train and a desire to bring in someone that can hit the ground running). There are stressful days and hard times, but there is not a single day that goes by that I'd want to work anywhere else! I saw in a previous review someone noted the long hours employees are expected to work - what I can say is I do work long hours, I don't remember the last 8 hour day I had, but it's not an expectation.

Advice to Management

I love the vision of the company, and for the first time in a long time I see us starting down a path to fix the growing pains and make a real difference in systems and filling staffing needs where they are needed and not overbuilding where they are not. I've read the reviews on here, and sadly I find more humor in them than I should - I've been here many years and have yet to see anyone have a heart attack. I work the hours I work not because anyone asks me to, I do it because I want to see my company succeed and be a part of that! My advice to management - just keep going! Stick with this great team of people that we now have at the core of our success and talk to them and let them explore changes of interest if their work ethic proves to be one worth nurturing - the change for good are happening every day.

Marketing is working overtime creating false posts!

Former Employee - Network in Frisco, TX
    Former Employee - Network in Frisco, TX

I worked at ANPI full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits including fully paid medical for employee and family. 401k with matching is rare for employers these days. Really smart people actually doing the work.

Cons

No direction. Exec management seems to be battling to take over company absent a CEO. Good people actively looking to get out.

Advice to Management

Stop talking and start acting. Positive posts on GD to represent inaccurate conditions only covers up reality. Make real changes and maybe you'll get good employees to stop walking out.

An Excellent Place to Work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Frisco, TX

Pros

ANPI is a mature stable employer with excellent guiding core values toward its' customers and employees. ANPI is well established in the industry with an excellent reputation for quality service. For employees benefits are excellent. The best benefits one could ever find. Working conditions are excellent. Employees are appreciated and given recognition.

Cons

ANPI has many opportunities in an ever changing technology. Sometimes ANPI finds it difficult to sort through all the opportunities.

Advice to Management

Continue the core values which have made ANPI a success.

5. ANPI Review

Former Employee - Senior Network Administrative in Frisco, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Network Administrative in Frisco, TX

I worked at ANPI full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great technology, generous salary, nice people, nice offices.

Cons

Bad management, constant changes, people coming, people going, somewhat unorganized.

Advice to Management

Show more loyalty to employees.

6. Terrible!

Former Employee - Service Delivery in Frisco, TX
    Former Employee - Service Delivery in Frisco, TX

I worked at ANPI full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good starting salary offered. The health benefits are completely paid for 100%. Intelligent and educated co-workers. Free breakfast on Fridays.

Cons

The majority of the people that work there haven’t been there for more than 12 months. Upper level management does not know the product or processes; therefore, the leadership is poor. The UC hosted product has been around at this company for over a year and the problems that they are having with the product are easy fixes if you have the correct management staff in place to correct them. This company is still struggling with a new product due to poor management. Absolutely "no" training, nothing documented, no processes or procedures in place to do the job successfully. Hosted Products and services are being sold and offered to customers that customers either don’t need or can’t be implemented by ANPI due to lack of sales teams being trained properly. There is a severe disconnect with internal departments working and communicating with each other. Very important HR policies were misquoted due to the disconnect from upper level management and the HR department. The company just recently went through a layoff of employees that were supporting the unified communications product and the companies CEO stepped down shortly after that. Apply at your own risk.

Advice to Management

More training for new employees and management staff so that they are educated on the product that they will be supporting. Bring in talent that is more concerned with turning the company around and not worried about what job title will be given to them. Fix the internal miscommunication with teams that work in different locations so that they can work as a team and not against each other.

7. Exciting Opportunities

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Frisco, TX

I have been working at ANPI full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

ANPI has been a growing business for almost 20 years. Now, due to FCC changes, one of their main sources of income will be dwindling away. To their credit, they've created a new product -- a new revenue stream -- and have positioned themselves to be more successful than ever. I'm just one of the employees, but I can feel the excitement from the CEO on down. On the more practical side, ANPI pays all medical insurance fees and deductibles are very small. For my larger family, that is very big. And for the most part, work is done by 5 pm.

Cons

All these moves and changes can be unsettling, but I'm feeling more and more confident about our future.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good communication, and make sure the product is perfect before the sales push goes full force.

Nov 3, 2014 – Associate Director

Thank you for your comments. Although we have just created a new product, and a new branch of our business (Hosted Unified Communications), the support and feedback from the telecommunications ... More

8. Great opportunity if you're willing to put in the time.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Frisco, TX

I have been working at ANPI full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you are willing to work hard, you will be rewarded. A lot of telco's have had to make significant shifts in business process and focus. ANPI is one of these companies. In order to stay relevant, reorganization and prioritization have cause some growing pains, but they are required for the longevity of the organization. The Benefits are amazing. Health, Dental, Life, Vacation, Health reimbursements. You also can make an impact. Management frequently engages will all parts of the company for input and feedback. The company has become somewhat of a 17 yr old startup. High expectations, but limitless potential.

Cons

A lot of moving parts. Lots of simultaneous projects. Ability to pivot and wear multiple hats is definitely required.

Nov 3, 2014 – Associate Director

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate them, as well as your hard work. Mostly, it makes us feel good that you feel your hard work is being rewarded. We work hard to make sure our employees feel ... More

I'm a result of the damage this company causes by selling a dream to employees then pulling the rug. No direction!!!

I worked at ANPI full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Ice machine, water machine, tea and hot chocolate provided. Insurance was provided...

Cons

No focus on what they want to do in the market, poor management, send others to do their dirty work

Advice to Management

Learn to tap into the talent pool. I saw you repeatedly despose of valuable employees that helped get you started and bring your visions to market. That is not honorable! I drank the koolaid you sold me. Your passion was fake and when you are done with people you dismiss them like used toliet paper. I could go on and on but stop sending people to do your dirty work! You turn employees against each other. Imagine working hard for little in return for something you believe in and someone you don't even know shows up at your desk, rounds you up like cattle and cans you...impersonal and heartbreaking.

Nov 3, 2014 – Associate Director

We are very sorry things didn’t work out for you at ANPI. Realistically speaking, not every job (or company) is right for every person. Obviously, this was not a good fit for you. That said, we do ... More

Great company on paper. I wish I could give them less than one star.

I worked at ANPI full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Paid medical/dental/life insurance. Vacation and sick leave.

Cons

Poor work life balance, poor management practices.

Advice to Management

Read one minute manager.

Nov 3, 2014 – Associate Director

We very much appreciate, and try to learn from, all feedback – positive and negative. And we’re sorry your experience at ANPI was not a positive one. We believe, in fact, that we have a great company ... More

Very disappointed in management and executive leadership.

Former Employee - Channel Manager in Frisco, TX
    Former Employee - Channel Manager in Frisco, TX

I worked at ANPI full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company salary above norm. Great benefits.

Cons

Upper management and executives have zero respect for each other and their employees. Abusive conversations and lectures with adult language were consistent with their management style. Company was in no way prepared for new product launch to the public retail/enterprise customer. Installations were not going well, so executive leadership fired all but 2 in house implementation specialists and outsourced to a third party. All installs are managed by outsourced. Both key sales engineers for legacy wholesale and new retail/enterprise were let go as well.

Advice to Management

Grow up and share respect for those who are trying their hardest to provide success to the company.

Nov 3, 2014 – Associate Director

Thank you for your feedback. We will say this: ANPI was founded to service rural telecommunications carriers, and to service them as partners. To that end, the executive team – many of whom have been ... More

RSS Feed </> Embed