ANV Insurance Reviews

1.5
Lynsey Cross

Uncertain Times

I have been working at ANV Insurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere to work in but CEO has left recently.Brilliant what has been accomplished in two years time.Working in a Lloyds environment is dynamic.

Cons

Uncertainty in front of the company.Not sure about the backing.CEO gave inspiring speech in March and then leaves one month later? How does that happen?

Advice to Management

Speak with us more.Tell us real strategy.Honesty will kill rumours.I thought we were going places.I hope we still are.

Shambolic mayhem

I have been working at ANV Insurance full-time

Pros

Some of the staff are great and friends for life

Cons

Where to begin? Terrible management, rubbish software, clouded decision making, lack of vision, lack of support and investment in employees, lack of management taking ideas on board. Arrogance breeds failure. All pomp, no substance.

Advice to Management

Listen and learn

Terrible

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I worked at ANV Insurance

Pros

I can't find anything positive to say about this company. Really can not. Nope still can't

Cons

Complete mess of a company. Its all for friends and friends of friends, not for professionals. Most activity is dodgy. Integration hasn't gone well. CEO is a lacking basics. Its a graveyard of talent. The waste is amazing and the understanding of basics of a Lloyds London operation is missing. You can't run a Lloyds operation from Spain.

Look at the history of senior positions that churn.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the CEO and still it would be a mess. As the culture of the place is horrid. I can't see how this company can come out of the hole it is in.

Broken promises. Terrible office atmosphere. Useless managers

Current Employee - Tech in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Tech in London, England (UK)

I have been working at ANV Insurance

Pros

I would like to say there are pro's but unfortunately there aren't any.

Cons

Always looking for a scapegoat for problems that occur. No support or backup from management, instead they are looking to hang people out to dry. No praise for work that is carried out, expected to work long hours no work-life balance. I'd advise anyone going for a job at ANV to reconsider

Advice to Management

Show respect to employees. Give support and encouragement instead of constantly punishing for honest mistakes.
    Don't order equipment for ANV to subsidize your own business! Conflict of interest!

Completely Taken Advantage Of

Current Employee - Not UW in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Not UW in London, England (UK)

I have been working at ANV Insurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's hard to describe a positive thing about this company. The marketing guys do a good job of making it look like a nice and modern enterprise but that's all, it's a façade and as you work you'll find out this is just a mirage.
    The only positive thing about working in this company has been getting out of it.

Cons

are multiple: there's no way to improve no matter how hard or how many hours you work. There's a very strange feeling in the ANV offices. I would say fear, people work in fear there constantly since there's no stability and workers know that.

Friendship and favoritism is the only way to get promoted, many lies are told,
    and the company records conversations with workers in the meetings room, invading
    privacy. Also by installing software to track you on the company cell phones. I never felt as though my phone or email conversations were private.

Working full weekends, some days 18H of work and they will ask for more but
    they wont promote you no matter what.

My experience has shown that middle management makes it impossible to showcase your
    work to upper management. When my manager found out that I was working hard he
    clipped my wings because he was threatened.

The Spanish culture makes its presence felt in this company, they have the
    management company located in Spain and you can feel that from the very beginning,
    being an American company with a Spanish work ethic and corporate culture, very
    sad indeed.

Sexual and disgusting comments are common by some, as well defending fascism...
    also comments towards slavery have been very disgusting.

Advice to Management

Watch closely you workers because you have some talented people working there but you have many rotten managers (predators) that keep their position by hiding their technical
    mediocrity as well as hiding the skill of their employees. What you expect by
    treating people like that? You think that just because you established your
    company in a recession country people will accept being treated like slaves? Think again

Verba non Acta (words and not facts)

Current Employee - Underwriting in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Underwriting in London, England (UK)

I have been working at ANV Insurance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are no pros at this stage unless you are new to insurance and you have no professional reputation. The only apparent pro would be compensation. On the other hand compensation is based upon words and not on facts. If you believe in gentlemen agreements you would engage, also based upon the principle of trust a fundamental requirement when engaging within the Lloyd's environment. On the other hand the counterparts (Management) have proven not to be at the level of such principle when engaging with staff proving that the fundamental value at the origin of the name of the company (in Latin ACTA NON VERBA) is false.

Cons

The cons are the main driver of such company. In particular the politically driven environment constantly manipulated by Management to hide the existing issues from staff is a cancer that is contaminating every corner of such company. Their false engagements with staff is proving to back fire in its retail expansion due to the fact that the initial job descriptions and remunerations are subsequently changed, exposing staff to unpleasant and demotivating episodes, which then outflow into the marketplace and jeopardize any future market penetration. Their limited product capability and limited presence is also a concrete fact that proves the impossibility of achieving the needed IRR to produce the false employee remuneration promised during its foundation.
    Reputational issues are a problem that will limit any aspiration of success of ANV.

Advice to Management

Be honest to yourself, to employees, to clients and to investors.

A mess of a company

I have been working at ANV Insurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As a company with a poor reputation the only way it can retain employees is by paying well.
    If the company does somehow get its act together, there could be opportunity for career growth. If the promises of employee ownership ever, ever, ever materialize, there could be some money to be made.

The confused looks on people's faces after a rare speech by the CEO sometimes makes for a laugh. Nice terrace in the sunny Barcelona office that apparently Shakira shot a commercial on.

Cons

Senior management has made so many false promises and changed direction so often without communicating why that it no longer has any credibility. The insurance industry, and employees, no longer respect the current CEO. The company is trying to grow by acquisition when it has very little actual experience doing so and underestimates, to itself and investors, the operational difficulties involved. Favoritism and cronyism are rife.

Advice to Management

Bring in new management with operational experience. Kick visionaries up the ladder or out.

RSS Feed </> Embed