AOTMP Reviews

Updated October 9, 2014
Updated October 9, 2014
1.8

Tim Lybrook

A challenging 45+ hour work week alongside highly intelligent, motivated coworkers

Current Employee - Marketing in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Marketing in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at AOTMP full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Very collaborative atmosphere, strong leadership, free coffee, nice new office in a convenient location, good PTO, opportunity for advancement, casual Fridays

Cons

Unfortunately, AOTMP does not offer 401k matching.

10+ Years and Still Going Strong

Current Employee - Vice President, Client Development in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Vice President, Client Development in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at AOTMP full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I joined AOTMP because of its corporate vision to create a standardized telecom management industry.

What I love most about our company is the passion and drive of our team to help our clients evolve telecommunications into a strategic asset that drives business results.

I has been my personal honor to work with many of our large enterprise or strategic accounts over the 10 years. Accounts spending up to as much as 60 million a month in telecommunications. Through building a relationship and partnering with these clients we have been able to not only help them identify waste and gaps in their organizations but drive millions of dollars back to the bottom line.

Cons

Fast-paced environment requiring dedication and drive.

Keep it up!

BEWARE!!

I worked at AOTMP (more than an year)

Pros

Take the job, get the money & keep looking for your career.

Cons

Toxic environment. This is a temporary JOB. Turnover is weekly due to personnel being let go. Opinions truly are not wanted. Most personnel are not there longer than two years. All of the reviews that you see with one star are VERY accurate. Please read and know what to expect.

How do you provide advice to crazy people. Crazy people don't know their crazy.

Toxic Environment

I worked at AOTMP full-time (less than an year)

Pros

There are no pros for working at this company. Their mission is to suck all positive energy out of you before disposing you to the street with no dignity.

Cons

* Vice Presidents (Tenured Sales Reps who helped start the company) - they offer no leadership, direction, or inspiration. If anything they look at you hoping you'll fail to help validate their positions.

* Marketing - lack direction and experience. Not in sync with sales reps; therefore not an effective team. They specialize in SPAM emails which is one of the main reasons why this company is failing

* Sales Dept - It's sad how much turnover is seen here. They run it more like a door-to-door vacuum cleaner company. The average sales rep lasts 2-5 months because this is the time range it takes for the company to suck all of the positive energy out of the employee. If you make it 5 months you should get an award for the mental health risks you subjected your body to.

I joined the company after reading all the negative reviews with the hope they were exaggerated, but to the contrary found out that they are true. I felt like I was on the Apprentice. They fired someone almost every week from a company size of ~25 makes an impact on all employees. They do not notify when a person is terminated. You don't ask or you will be reprimanded. Similar to taking someone out in the woods and he/she never returning (mafia style). They do not care about their employees. They will verbally and mentally beat you up in order to continue their insane vision. By far the worst experience I've encountered from a "seasoned" leadership team. No one interacts with each other and there is this sense of fear to talk with other people because negative rumors are spread so fast. It's really more or less just a temporary job while you continue looking for another one. Such a disappointing experience. I wish investors would wake up and stop investing into this company so they go out of business and stop the abuse towards desperate people who just need a job to survive.

Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result is insanity. How do you advise the insane.

Integrity issues and little trust in employees

I worked at AOTMP full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I haven't found that there are pros to working on for this company. Things that seemed like pros at the beginning never panned out

Cons

Small company where management has all the control. Priorities change all the time after commitments and timing have already been discussed. Project owners don't take feedback well on limitations and simply expect you to make things work.

" AOTMP" A dysfunctional sinking ship !!

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at AOTMP full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The receptionist is probably their best asset . There are a few implementation reps that are very knowledgable and helpful.

Cons

Be very wary of this company,they will point blank not pay you for anything you sale. They will let you go or fire you if you to avoid paying commissions. If you decide to leave they will not honor sales you have made.

Their commission plans dont add up !! They are steady looking for investors,they seem to parade a new one in every week

They have no concept of what a sales force is and how to implement it .

The information they are selling is outdated and old and can be gotten for free off the internet. The owner will stand at your desk and threaten you and berate you in front of the other staff. It is a very passive agressive work environment.

Lastly every one in the office smokes and it smells like an ash tray in the office. The majority of the staff takes break after break steady smoking cigarettes. This is one of the worst places to work in my opinon.

Sell the company to someone who knows how to run it and knows how to treat and manage employees. A possible buyer would be Gardner,maybe imulate them.

Bad experience

Former Employee - Project Manager in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at AOTMP full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I love the people I work with. Great teamwork!

Cons

Small business so very limited opportunity for promotion.

Re-arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic

Former Employee - Enterprise Accounts in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Enterprise Accounts in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at AOTMP full-time (less than an year)

Pros

There were some really good people to work with.

Cons

Very high stress. Management by fear. Make you dress up for what is essentially a call center job. Lots of politics at the top that create problems for the workers. What they say and what they do don't match up. There are some ethical problems in claims made and in the work put out. They continually fire people thinking the problem is people when it is more of a product problem and not the market that they think.

You can't sell high-dollar consulting services by blindly calling and continually harrassing the same people over and over. You will either have to have real sales staff or go the way of the dodo. Just because you know an industry doesn't mean you know how to run a company.

High turn over 90 day sales job

Former Employee - Business Development Representative in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Business Development Representative in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at AOTMP full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great product and something that the industry will eventually be needing in the form of business analysis.

Cons

Everyone fears for their job and there is no rhyme or reason to the corporate politics. The company continually fires and hires new people and does not give the necessary training. They use out dated information and refuse to invest in their employees but expect a deal to go through within a short period of time, although the product is complicated. Their expoused values and enacted values do not match because they state that they would like change but are not willing to move in that direction.

Beyond Micro Management

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at AOTMP

Pros

Exceptional products, services and delivery.

Cons

Very poor sales management. Absolutely the most negative churn and burn work environment I've experienced.

Fire the Sales Director.