APAC Customer Services

Updated December 12, 2014
Updated December 12, 2014
2.3

James P. McGrath

Pros
  • They are a third party call center helping clients with their mail order medications (in 9 reviews)

• You get to meet a lot of interesting people while working here (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • The call center was drab, cramped, and full of people that hated their jobs (in 20 reviews)

• Incompetent management, incompetent upper management, high turnover rate there as well (in 12 reviews)

More Highlights

If you like customer service this is the place for you

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at APAC Customer Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They hire fulltime people, if you are lucky like me you can work Monday-Friday from 9-5:30pm and that is perfect for me as I ride the bus to work, ive gotten to meet a lot of great people in my location. my managers that ive had so far have been good, some are still here others are gone already. ive been here for a year, the money I make an hour allows me to pay all my bills and have some left over not a lot but some.

Cons

honestly if you like customer service and understand how a call center runs the are not a lot of cons, that being said seems to me that management needs training on how to manage other people, they are mostly negative. and from what ive noticed they don't like paying out the bonus's to very many people because the matrix changes all the time for meeting bonus

Please be more focuses on your people, tell them thanks for the hard work, don't play favorites, and please try and retain the good people, show people that they are important with maybe a special award from time to time even if it is just something printed out,

Horrible Pay and Benefits

Former Employee - Account Manager in Fargo, ND
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Fargo, ND

I worked at APAC Customer Services full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Laid back and gives you a lot of independence.

Cons

Low pay and benefits and you always have to work 40 hours a week.

It would be great if benefits could be improved.

It works if you need a job

Former Employee - Samsung in Greensboro, NC
    Former Employee - Samsung in Greensboro, NC

I worked at APAC Customer Services

Pros

It is easy to get hired

Cons

Really no room for advancement and pay is not competitive.

Full-time Commitment But Only Part-time Work

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative- Inbound in Sarasota, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative- Inbound in Sarasota, FL

I have been working at APAC Customer Services full-time (less than an year)

Pros

It's a job and if you can't find anything better to do this will fill the time. I know that doesn't sound like a pro, but, work is work. For the most part it's honest work. You're inside. The physical work environment is ok.

Cons

What they don't tell you when you sign on for this position is that they expect you to be available to work a full-time schedule, but then you don't get the work. You'll get VTO'd (which stands for voluntary time off which is not so voluntary) when inbound call volume drops, you're cut and sent home. It's not likely that you'll get a full 40 hour week expect for a few times when calls are peaking, but, even then if your quality scores are less than goal, you're still likely to get cut. Out of four months I've worked here, I don't think I've gotten a full week's pay yet.

Coaching and feedback from team leads is always so negative. There's never positive reinforcement by the team leads. It's always feedback about the negative stuff that you're doing on calls. It's destructive criticism without offering ways to provide corrective action. Quality scoring of calls is outsource to the Philippines, so if (not when) you do get feedback it's days old.

They're always complaining about how long you're on a call. They want shorter and shorter call handling times. But, customers are customers - and you shouldn't rush a customer.

Many customers that are calling in are complaining about this or that. So, it's hard to sell over the phone to a customer who is complaining. The company and the client isn't creating a buying atmosphere. They don't seem to care about servicing the customer. It's about sales, not about service. Training spent three weeks on learning their systems. But only spent an afternoon on sales.

Enforce your rules. You have clean desk rules. You have no cellphone rules. You have no personal effects rules. You have approved dress code rules. You don't enforce most of the rules you have. I see people everyday at work that aren't adhering to one or more of your rules. I see people everyday who have their personal cells on the floor. I see people everyday that have paper, pens, books, etc. on the floor. I see everyday people violating dress code rules. I see people who have unapproved drinks (water bottles, soda bottles, etc.). So when does it matter? Everyone has a locker, but, many people don't use them despite the fact you have rules about this. Do you really consider your facility PCI DSS certificated and compliant?

Un helpful

Current Employee - Senior Advisor (Help Desk Tier II) in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior Advisor (Help Desk Tier II) in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at APAC Customer Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Above minimum wage. Full time.

Cons

Lack of communication. Workforce is a joke.

Let employees know when shifts change, classes move and what not.

customer service

I worked at APAC Customer Services full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The money is great to make.

Cons

Not a good place to work if you have children.

Good Employer

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Joplin, MO
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Joplin, MO

I worked at APAC Customer Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Meat people over the world

Cons

Need more interaction with agents

Spend more time to get to know your agents.

Work here if you can't find any other job and you just need a few paychecks

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Humble, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Humble, TX

I worked at APAC Customer Services

Pros

You get hired on the spot. No experience needed.

Cons

It's very ghetto, they also show favoritism and they send you home if it's too many reps. Also they will fire you when they don't need you anymore.

Get professional and orginazed.

Nco/apac has no planning or business processes

I have been working at APAC Customer Services

Pros

You can get promoted fast if you cliche with the tops and produce results. Generous PTO

Cons

Very stressful. No planning at all. Over work and bullying to get results. No working computers. Non existent workforce. No communication between departments. A lack of planning on my part is an emergency on your part attitude.

Hire real business process gurus who can work outside his or her own departments with authority to get things done and clean up at mid level and up.

Horribly managed company, but met some great people there

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative- Inbound in Davenport, IA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative- Inbound in Davenport, IA

I have been working at APAC Customer Services full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Co-corkers. I met some of my best friends there.

Very easy to move up in the company --- but negatively, that is because of their great difficulty in retaining employees and high turnover rate at all levels of the business.

There are a couple of programs that have great bonus potential, but usually whenever too many people make bonus, they change the structure so no one can realistically meet the goals.

Cons

Horrible wages, they have eliminated raises, and they pay by program.... different programs are paid differently, some have bonus potential, some do not. I make over several dollars an hour less an hour than I did several years ago.... making less the longer I am at a job is very unsatisfying. Making the same as a kid out of high school with no experience when I have been in customer service longer that that same kid has been alive is a direct insult. Once too many people make bonus, they entirely change the structure so that they don't have to pay bonus any more.

Insanely high turnover rate. Almost constant new hire classes going on in all areas of the company.

Incompetent management, incompetent upper management, high turnover rate there as well.

Horrible environment, broken computers, phones, equipment - my floor alone has about 8 different styles of chairs in all kinds of shapes and sizes and colors because they never replace anything - they just bring in more used junk from another branch of the company rather than buy us nice things.

Everyone is told different things.... one person is told that an action is mandatory, and then another is told that same action will get you a write up. No consistency in monitors, advice, training (if you even get any refreshment training at all) ... no consistency in anything.

Nasty dirty environment - everyone jokes when they see team leads pull people off the phones to dust and clean that they know the client is coming in and they have to pretend we are always clean and dust and vacuum..... can you believe they pull people OFF THE PHONES to do the cleaning? If anyone is a client of this business, PLEASE come in and do a surprise visit to see how it is really run..... you would be shocked.

Clients come in and want to pull people off the floors for a "focus group" to get an honest feedback from employees of what they think about the company and how it is ran - what clients do NOT know is that those people have been specially selected before hand and told what to say - and if they tell what really happens they will be FIRED. Yes, they are threatened...

Pay a living wage. Better wages = longer term employees, lower turnover, higher attendance and better quality employees. Give us a better environment on the call floor. Stop treating us like babies. Make management follow the same rules as the floor - no food on floor, no fast food glasses, penalties for being consistently late, no yelling and screaming and PLEASE - NO inappropriate conversations on the floor... Our clients on the phone can hear your loud mouths and they are offended by you yelling "NO ONE gets a POTTY BREAK until we are OUT OF QUEUE" Or even worse, griping how you got called in because you are hung over from the night before.... yes, that offends clients.

Stop trying to build walls between supervisors and their teams.... You should encourage friendliness, not condemn it. We, as service reps, are much more likely to preform well for team leads that we have a good relationship with..... but recently we were forced to remove friends on facebook who were not at our same "level". Many of the these friends were family or friends way before we were even working there. I am not talking about "relationships", just friends..... What business is it of a company who is on our facebook page? I understand a no dating policy, or not bashing your employer on your facebook wall.... but really? Stop micromanaging us!

Please stop the pettiness and the need to control us in and out of work. Work with us in choosing our schedules, realize that we all have lives and kids and schedules that may need adjusting now and then. Listen to us, don't blow off our issues, if you don't know the answer then find out.

APAC Customer Services Photos