APAC Customer Services

Updated November 24, 2014
Updated November 24, 2014
2.3

James P. McGrath

Pros
  • They are a third party call center helping clients with their mail order medications (in 9 reviews)

• You get to meet a lot of interesting people while working here (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • The call center was drab, cramped, and full of people that hated their jobs (in 20 reviews)

• Incompetent management, incompetent upper management, high turnover rate there as well (in 12 reviews)

More Highlights

Good Employer

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Joplin, MO
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Joplin, MO

I worked at APAC Customer Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Meat people over the world

Cons

Need more interaction with agents

Spend more time to get to know your agents.

customer service

I worked at APAC Customer Services full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The money is great to make.

Cons

Not a good place to work if you have children.

Sets unobtainable expectations of agents based off of the customers opinion of the company as a whole

I have been working at APAC Customer Services

Pros

Good benefits and nice hours

Cons

Not flexible with giving you ample work time on any specific scenario

Sorry that you have to deal with more than we do as agents.

Nco/apac has no planning or business processes

I have been working at APAC Customer Services

Pros

You can get promoted fast if you cliche with the tops and produce results. Generous PTO

Cons

Very stressful. No planning at all. Over work and bullying to get results. No working computers. Non existent workforce. No communication between departments. A lack of planning on my part is an emergency on your part attitude.

Hire real business process gurus who can work outside his or her own departments with authority to get things done and clean up at mid level and up.

Easy to get hired.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative- Inbound in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative- Inbound in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at APAC Customer Services full-time (less than an year)

Pros

They are a third party call center helping clients with their mail order medications. You are providing a much needed service to callers that are not permitted to go directly to the corner pharmacy.

Cons

They expect incredible customer service aiding callers with less than a 3 minute conversation. Training is thru ineptly worded Standard Operating Procedures's on their server. Callers that need prior authorizations get the run around from person to person. Clearly, this company is all about money not the service that they provide.

Customer service is about quality not quantity especially when you are servicing you callers about their health,

Culture Change is spoken of but not practiced

Former Employee - Operations Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Operations Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at APAC Customer Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Work at Home is the best program due to the benefits of staying at home.

Cons

Development of management. Prior to different management changes, the WAH program was run efficiently. At APAC, you are just another number now. They do not practice what they preach about culture changes. Benefits are expensive. Work/Life balance is a joke.

I would take the time to care of your upper management. Practice what you preach and implement culture changes

Worse company to work for

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative- Inbound in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative- Inbound in Tampa, FL

I worked at APAC Customer Services full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The hourly rate is the only pros

Cons

Management just treats you like a number...forced to sit through calls as customers call you every name in the book...your schedule will change without any knowledge or consent

Learn how to treat people

Horribly managed company, but met some great people there

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative- Inbound in Davenport, IA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative- Inbound in Davenport, IA

I have been working at APAC Customer Services full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Co-corkers. I met some of my best friends there.

Very easy to move up in the company --- but negatively, that is because of their great difficulty in retaining employees and high turnover rate at all levels of the business.

There are a couple of programs that have great bonus potential, but usually whenever too many people make bonus, they change the structure so no one can realistically meet the goals.

Cons

Horrible wages, they have eliminated raises, and they pay by program.... different programs are paid differently, some have bonus potential, some do not. I make over several dollars an hour less an hour than I did several years ago.... making less the longer I am at a job is very unsatisfying. Making the same as a kid out of high school with no experience when I have been in customer service longer that that same kid has been alive is a direct insult. Once too many people make bonus, they entirely change the structure so that they don't have to pay bonus any more.

Insanely high turnover rate. Almost constant new hire classes going on in all areas of the company.

Incompetent management, incompetent upper management, high turnover rate there as well.

Horrible environment, broken computers, phones, equipment - my floor alone has about 8 different styles of chairs in all kinds of shapes and sizes and colors because they never replace anything - they just bring in more used junk from another branch of the company rather than buy us nice things.

Everyone is told different things.... one person is told that an action is mandatory, and then another is told that same action will get you a write up. No consistency in monitors, advice, training (if you even get any refreshment training at all) ... no consistency in anything.

Nasty dirty environment - everyone jokes when they see team leads pull people off the phones to dust and clean that they know the client is coming in and they have to pretend we are always clean and dust and vacuum..... can you believe they pull people OFF THE PHONES to do the cleaning? If anyone is a client of this business, PLEASE come in and do a surprise visit to see how it is really run..... you would be shocked.

Clients come in and want to pull people off the floors for a "focus group" to get an honest feedback from employees of what they think about the company and how it is ran - what clients do NOT know is that those people have been specially selected before hand and told what to say - and if they tell what really happens they will be FIRED. Yes, they are threatened...

Pay a living wage. Better wages = longer term employees, lower turnover, higher attendance and better quality employees. Give us a better environment on the call floor. Stop treating us like babies. Make management follow the same rules as the floor - no food on floor, no fast food glasses, penalties for being consistently late, no yelling and screaming and PLEASE - NO inappropriate conversations on the floor... Our clients on the phone can hear your loud mouths and they are offended by you yelling "NO ONE gets a POTTY BREAK until we are OUT OF QUEUE" Or even worse, griping how you got called in because you are hung over from the night before.... yes, that offends clients.

Stop trying to build walls between supervisors and their teams.... You should encourage friendliness, not condemn it. We, as service reps, are much more likely to preform well for team leads that we have a good relationship with..... but recently we were forced to remove friends on facebook who were not at our same "level". Many of the these friends were family or friends way before we were even working there. I am not talking about "relationships", just friends..... What business is it of a company who is on our facebook page? I understand a no dating policy, or not bashing your employer on your facebook wall.... but really? Stop micromanaging us!

Please stop the pettiness and the need to control us in and out of work. Work with us in choosing our schedules, realize that we all have lives and kids and schedules that may need adjusting now and then. Listen to us, don't blow off our issues, if you don't know the answer then find out.

Poor Management

Former Employee - Trainer in Davenport, IA
    Former Employee - Trainer in Davenport, IA

I worked at APAC Customer Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Getting to work with some great people.

Cons

Promised one schedule and was given something different. The class trainers were more interested in hanging out with each other than teaching the class. We were told that we had to have a final test on what we were learning, but they were no where to be found while we were trying to learn stuff. To many "clicks" in management.

If you would treat the reps better you would not have the turn over that you currently have. Also, you would not have a high rate of turn over in your recruiting department as well. You expect them to get people in the door but once they are there they leave due to the treatment. People are embarrassed to even say that they work there. APAC- A Place Always Changing.

APAC Review

Current Employee - Work At Home Customer Service Representative in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at APAC Customer Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Working from home would be one of the best pros while working for this company.

Cons

I have been with the company since November 2011 and I've only received one raise since I have been employed there. When asking about evaluations upon to this day the company has still decided not to give any of the employees a raise. There is also little to no moving up the ladder such as higher positions.

I feel that the company should take their employees into consideration more such as recognition, promotions, and raises. After working 3 years for a company I don't see why one has only had 1 raise and 1 evaluation.

APAC Customer Services Photos