APAC Customer Services

Updated September 28, 2014
Updated September 28, 2014
2.4

James P. McGrath

Pros
  • The best reasons to work at a call center: You sit all day and eat as often as you want depending on your supervisor (in 8 reviews)

• You get to meet a lot of interesting people while working here (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • A substandard call center, with absolute focus on warm bodies to fill their seats to handle call volume (in 19 reviews)

• Upper management doesn't have a clear concept of the 'trenches' (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

Okay for a first time customer service job

I have been working at APAC Customer Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Easy to be promoted with in the company, getting hired is pretty easy, Pay is okay amount for the work expected. There is multiple departments to go to within the company and a few different sites to transfer to.

Cons

Very stressful environment and expect to be there for 5 years before you can have a good job if you want to eventually be off the phones. Company use to have a lot of compensation but now there does not really seem to be any. Management comes and goes and they do not hide their dislike for the job. Building is dirty and has had multiple problems with bugs.

APAC Do as I say not as I Do.

Current Employee - Pharmacy Help Desk Representative  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Help Desk Representative in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at APAC Customer Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Low stress, Weekly coaching to help employee's improve performance.

Cons

Being able to take time of when you need to without negative consequences.

Be honest with employee's. Learn to lead by example

One of the worst places to work

I have been working at APAC Customer Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

U get a check every two weeks if you work.

Cons

The company clearly doesn't care about their employees. Its more about filling seats for the cilent. Over priced insurance and poor management. This has been the absolute worst company I've ever worked for.

Clean house all of you at the tampa fl site suck!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good benefits and pay, plenty of opportunity for promotion, guaranteed hours

I have been working at APAC Customer Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good benefits and pay, plenty of opportunity for promotion, guaranteed hours. Paid training. Performance based incentives.

Cons

Difficult customer base at the lower-level positions. Communications about policy or company changes are inconsistent in their nature, likely due to the size of the site (can approach nearly 1000 employees during the holiday season). Performance based scheduling, meaning you cannot plan your life in advance around your schedule.

Worst company I have ever worked for.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Fargo, ND
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fargo, ND

I have been working at APAC Customer Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

We had sale bonuses, but most sales jobs do.

Cons

instability, unprofessional, cutthroat, awful management,

With better pay and stability the good employees that will move your company forward, will stay.

Worst place I've EVER worked for!

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative- Inbound  in  Greensboro, NC
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative- Inbound in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at APAC Customer Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working here barely pays my bills. Other than that, absolutely nothing is good about working for Apac or the company itself.

Cons

Where do I even start...
    1. Complete lack of organization. No one in this building knows what is going on. Don't even try to ask any questions because everyone will give you a different answer and none of those answers are true.
    2. Renovations - or lack thereof. The bathrooms are utterly disgusting. I flat out refuse to use the bathrooms in Apac. The walls are bare. The paint is dreary. Any "decor" is just depressing, old and dusty. I've moved around a lot within the building and I have yet to find a single desk chair that isn't broken. The walls are lined with chairs that are no longer usable, but even the ones that are usable are not completely functional. They seem to be at least 10-15 years old. It's pathetic.
    3. Systems are dated and entirely too slow. The company needs to invest money into updated equipment and servers to accommodate the clients' needs.
    4. Coworkers - complete lack of professionalism. I witnessed a fist fight my first week of employment with Apac. They all dress like they're going out to a night club. They all know each other and act like it's junior high. Some of the rudest people I have ever encountered in my life. Common courtesy does not exist on the premises. Simple gestures such as pushing in a chair, holding open a door or friendly greetings never occur. No one has respect for one another.
    5. The pay is completely ridiculous. The average pay for call centers in the area is over $13/hour. With one of the clients, the pay starts at $7.65/hour. McDonald's is currently paying more than that.
    6. Benefits. Don't expect a meeting with HR about the health care options that the company offers. Supposedly, you will receive an information packet in the mail when you approach your 60 days of employment with the company.
    7. Liars. The recruiters will literally tell you anything to get you in the door and accept a job. Apac is where all promises are made to be broken.
    8. Job security. A quick google search will provide all the information you need when it comes to job security with Apac. Specifically this site is notorious for losing clients and laying people off. Hmm. I wonder why. With all the issues mentioned above it seems quite obvious. For example: Low pay = low morale. Low morale does not help with producing the stats the client requires. Therefore the client chooses to stop doing business with Apac. And everyone loses their jobs.
    9. The parking sucks too.
    10. The cafe is only open until 5 PM. If you work evenings, you're SOL if you want to get something to eat. Oh, and the only way to get a cup of coffee is to purchase it from the cafe - when they're actually open.

Be more selective when it comes to hiring agents. Then you can offer higher pay and not lose so much money on the people that produce poor results and/or quit.
    Take pride in your company and make the place look nicer. At least upgrade the desk chairs so that the agents can sit comfortably, without fear of collapsing or falling out of their seat. (I've seen it happen MULTIPLE times)
    Upgrade your equipment and for the love of God, install some new servers that allow the access of hundreds of users at one time.
    Keep the cafe open longer (at least until 9 pm). And would it hurt to put in some coffee machines? I've never worked for a call center that didn't provide coffee FREE of charge during all hours of operation.

Apac at home customer rep

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative- Inbound  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative- Inbound in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at APAC Customer Services part-time for less than a year

Pros

The obvious; being at home, no travel headaches or tons of gasoline useage, no lunches to buy, no special clothes to buy.

Cons

Very very low pay, rather insulting and geared toward the uneducated with little to no experience in the work force. The ad was for full time and turns out it is for part time. They demand a lot from their employees for such a small wage ... working out of your home or not.

Higher wage would reduce turn around

Keep up with the excellent feed back on performance.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative - APAC  in  Worcester, MA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative - APAC in Worcester, MA

I have been working at APAC Customer Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

he wages and benefits are decent if you are just starting out and need medical coverage. It is pretty easy to get and entry level position there. Great advancement opportunities to a certain point. Valuable customer service experience. Meet a lot of new people. In certain positions, there are some fantastic travel opportunities!

Cons

Answering the phones for people who aren't always excited to speak to you can be draining if you let it get to you and some people just arn't able to handle a call center environment answering call after call.

Keep up with the excellent feed back on performance.

OK, but do NOT become a TC or TL

Former Employee - Team Coach  in  Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Team Coach in Tampa, FL

I worked at APAC Customer Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Develop strong relationships with many coworkers. Lots of on the job training. Room to advance (at first, you cap out pretty quickly).

Cons

You can reach the highest available position quickly and there are no annual raises. Advancing to leadership is a pay cut. Focuses on negative too much.

I worked really hard while at APAC. I worked my way up to a TC in Billing within a year of being there. I feel a lot of my hard work went unnoticed and was overlooked especially when trying for a TL position. I developed really close relationships with my agents and learned that all employees feel undervalued by APAC. I was required to harass an agent each time they called out and try to get them to change their minds. I dealt with so many agents struggling with the thought of returning to school, life problems, etc but too scared to do anything about it because "APAC does not work with schedules". This ultimately creates a hostile work environment. I agree employees should be expected to show up and work, but if they try to work something out in advance scheduling wise APAC should be more accepting to life outside of work. I was also EXTREMELY upset that after I made the inevitable decision to step down as a TC (because of making LESS than an agent), that I lost my STAR bonus when I went on maternity leave! I have always been an employee to go way and above expectations, but when I lost my bonus because of "attendance" and witnessed so many others getting theirs by giving the lowest possible expectations I stopped caring and trying so hard for the first time ever in my working career.

Prior Authorization Representative

Former Employee - Prior Authorization Representative  in  Saint Joseph, MO
    Former Employee - Prior Authorization Representative in Saint Joseph, MO

I worked at APAC Customer Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Very Fast Inbound Calls
    Site continuing to grow more job opportunities s

Cons

Work can be hard sometimes can take mental toll. Policies change daily will get in trouble if not followed.

APAC Customer Services Photos

front of apac

+ Add Photo

Worked for APAC Customer Services? Contribute to the Community!