APAC Customer Services

Updated January 18, 2015
Updated January 18, 2015
2.4

James P. McGrath

Pros
  • They are a third party call center helping clients with their mail order medications (in 9 reviews)

• You get to meet a lot of interesting people while working here (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • The call center was drab, cramped, and full of people that hated their jobs (in 20 reviews)

• Incompetent management, incompetent upper management, high turnover rate there as well (in 12 reviews)

More Highlights

Great experience

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Greensboro, NC
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at APAC Customer Services as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Great experience in customer service work

Cons

Needs to be more organized

None

Customer Service Representative

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative - APAC in La Crosse, WI
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative - APAC in La Crosse, WI

I worked at APAC Customer Services

Pros

I liked talking to the customers, and helping them with their Verizon Wireless bills. I liked activating new smartphones, or iPads on accounts for people. I also liked helping customers save money on there bills.

Cons

Many, many customers were not very pleasant. Customers were very hard to please, especially if they did owe money on their account and couldn't make a payment arrangement, but needed cell phone service. Apac treated you like a number, and not an employee, even if a person would work overtime, or go above and beyond to help the customer, this company always found something negative to find. This company also did not give any raises or any incentives of any kind, very challenging in today's economy.

I think this company should give employers, especially whom are punctual, drug and alcohol free, and always showing up with a positive attitude, not only for the customers, but for the co-workers and team leaders, should at least get a 3 strikes then your fired, not a 1st and final and that's it. It costs money to train, get the computer systems as well as the plans, iPhones, all technology down, takes time to retrain and start over. I also think that there should be pay raises and more incentives to make the job desirable. Thank you.

This is a job that pays the bills, mostly.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Utica, NY
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Utica, NY

I have been working at APAC Customer Services part-time (more than an year)

Pros

- often offers unlimited overtime
    - often offers bonuses for overtime or meeting certain metrics
    - can be flexible with your schedule

Cons

- very little ability to move upwards into management
    - sometimes chaotic work environment
    - supervisors are not always approachable
    - extremely high turnover rate

Work on empowering the representatives more and you'll likely have an improved retention rate.

This is a entry level, in between jobs, type of job.

Current Employee - Customer Service Chat Agent in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Customer Service Chat Agent in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at APAC Customer Services full-time (less than an year)

Pros

They work well if you are going to college and they feed you when you have to work the holidays. Also SOME Team Leaders help you when you really need it.

Cons

The wipes don't help the germs, the dress code isn't enforced and the people there aren't professional. For people that want to go to their respected places of worship, good luck because the OM has forgotten that there is a life outside of APAC. We have lives and these schedules aren't worth it we don't get paid enough for the bull crap that we have to put up with.

If you like customer service this is the place for you

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at APAC Customer Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They hire fulltime people, if you are lucky like me you can work Monday-Friday from 9-5:30pm and that is perfect for me as I ride the bus to work, ive gotten to meet a lot of great people in my location. my managers that ive had so far have been good, some are still here others are gone already. ive been here for a year, the money I make an hour allows me to pay all my bills and have some left over not a lot but some.

Cons

honestly if you like customer service and understand how a call center runs the are not a lot of cons, that being said seems to me that management needs training on how to manage other people, they are mostly negative. and from what ive noticed they don't like paying out the bonus's to very many people because the matrix changes all the time for meeting bonus

Please be more focuses on your people, tell them thanks for the hard work, don't play favorites, and please try and retain the good people, show people that they are important with maybe a special award from time to time even if it is just something printed out,

Horrible Pay and Benefits

Former Employee - Account Manager in Fargo, ND
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Fargo, ND

I worked at APAC Customer Services full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Laid back and gives you a lot of independence.

Cons

Low pay and benefits and you always have to work 40 hours a week.

It would be great if benefits could be improved.

It works if you need a job

Former Employee - Samsung in Greensboro, NC
    Former Employee - Samsung in Greensboro, NC

I worked at APAC Customer Services

Pros

It is easy to get hired

Cons

Really no room for advancement and pay is not competitive.

Un helpful

Current Employee - Senior Advisor (Help Desk Tier II) in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior Advisor (Help Desk Tier II) in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at APAC Customer Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Above minimum wage. Full time.

Cons

Lack of communication. Workforce is a joke.

Let employees know when shifts change, classes move and what not.

Full-time Commitment But Only Part-time Work

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative- Inbound in Sarasota, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative- Inbound in Sarasota, FL

I have been working at APAC Customer Services full-time (less than an year)

Pros

It's a job and if you can't find anything better to do this will fill the time. I know that doesn't sound like a pro, but, work is work. For the most part it's honest work. You're inside. The physical work environment is ok.

Cons

What they don't tell you when you sign on for this position is that they expect you to be available to work a full-time schedule, but then you don't get the work. You'll get VTO'd (which stands for voluntary time off which is not so voluntary) when inbound call volume drops, you're cut and sent home. It's not likely that you'll get a full 40 hour week expect for a few times when calls are peaking, but, even then if your quality scores are less than goal, you're still likely to get cut. Out of four months I've worked here, I don't think I've gotten a full week's pay yet.

Coaching and feedback from team leads is always so negative. There's never positive reinforcement by the team leads. It's always feedback about the negative stuff that you're doing on calls. It's destructive criticism without offering ways to provide corrective action. Quality scoring of calls is outsource to the Philippines, so if (not when) you do get feedback it's days old.

They're always complaining about how long you're on a call. They want shorter and shorter call handling times. But, customers are customers - and you shouldn't rush a customer.

Many customers that are calling in are complaining about this or that. So, it's hard to sell over the phone to a customer who is complaining. The company and the client isn't creating a buying atmosphere. They don't seem to care about servicing the customer. It's about sales, not about service. Training spent three weeks on learning their systems. But only spent an afternoon on sales.

Enforce your rules. You have clean desk rules. You have no cellphone rules. You have no personal effects rules. You have approved dress code rules. You don't enforce most of the rules you have. I see people everyday at work that aren't adhering to one or more of your rules. I see people everyday who have their personal cells on the floor. I see people everyday that have paper, pens, books, etc. on the floor. I see everyday people violating dress code rules. I see people who have unapproved drinks (water bottles, soda bottles, etc.). So when does it matter? Everyone has a locker, but, many people don't use them despite the fact you have rules about this. Do you really consider your facility PCI DSS certificated and compliant?

Good Employer

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Joplin, MO
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Joplin, MO

I worked at APAC Customer Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Meat people over the world

Cons

Need more interaction with agents

Spend more time to get to know your agents.

APAC Customer Services Photos