APAC Customer Services
www.apaccustomerservices.com Bannockburn, IL 5000+ Employees

APAC Customer Services Reviews

Updated Jun 30, 2014
APAC Customer Services – Philippines – “front of apac”

James P. McGrath

Pros:
  • "The best reasons to work at a call center: You sit all day and eat as often as you want depending on your supervisor"
    in 8 reviews
  • "quick training, entry level job"
    in 5 reviews
Cons:
  • "A substandard call center, with absolute focus on warm bodies to fill their seats to handle call volume"
    in 16 reviews
  • "Upper management doesn't have a clear concept of the 'trenches'"
    in 11 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Apac

Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee)
    Rockford, IL

ProsAdvancement in leadership
    Good shift options.

ConsNo cons for this company

Great place that offers rapid advancment

Davenport, IA

ProsGreat people, flexible hours, bonus structure. full benenfits

Conscall floors need updating, policies need to be adhered to

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate a policy and stick to it, do not allow people to accumulate more points than termination warrants.

challenging. although you work under stress you learn

Prosincentives and synergy. the more you have csat the more you gain incentives

Conslocation since I am not originally fr here

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to earn experience - lacking in advancement opportunities if not majoring in management.

Phone Representative (Current Employee)

ProsThe APAC atmosphere strives to be that of a family. The current leadership has tried to make the atmosphere less clinical and more warm. Each day you have the opportunity to help someone solve a problem that they're having. Management strives to keep up morale by running contests and providing random morale boosters throughout the year.

ConsSome of the expectations and goals do not take into account personality differences or the need to deal with very complex issues the customers bring to your attention. Additionally, the recent switch from yearly merit raises to monthly "performance" bonuses that has yet to materialize has many tenured reps ready to walk. Combining this with the removal of the holiday premium for working holidays, and tensions are beginning to run high.

Advice to Senior ManagementPeople appreciate being paid for their time and experience, as well as the time they spend away from their families on holidays. Providing advancement opportunities in various areas within the company through both formal and informal internship opportunities may encourage people to look at APAC less as a last ditch effort at a job and more of a career opportunity.

Great company and awful benefits

Partner Account Manager (Former Employee)
    Fargo, ND

ProsNormal business hours. Good pay for work required.

ConsBenefit packages are deceiving for healthcare benefits.

Good pay but ineffective culture and policies.

Full Time (Current Employee)
    Cedar Rapids, IA

ProsMy salary is good. Employees have strong business process knowledge.

ConsPolicies and procedures make simple IT tasks slow and complicated. Attrition in the US is very high and many people are not replaced. Long term IT projects are not given priority - daily operations and new hot projects of the day take priority.
    Health insurance is essentially not a benefit - employees find better options by opting out.
    Training is not offered or funded.

Advice to Senior ManagementProcess improvements for basic processes are desperately needed. Focus on one process at a time, improve until the process is reasonable and follows best practices. Repeat.

Promote training and collaboration. Use external resources when necessary.

Update, consolidate, or phase out obsolete systems. Live systems use Windows Server 2000 OS, Oracle 8 databases, SQL Server 2000 with active development still using DTS.

Update data centers and don't use water fire suppression. Fund and implement full disaster recovery or plan for downtime.

Training gives you unrealistic expectations

ProsThe training was really great. My trainer was on top of everything and really understanding about the needs of the group, and helping everyone to know the right answer, where to find it and why it was right. He built up everyone in the class and didn't play favorites in anyway.

ConsOnce out of training it was like we didn't matter anymore. No one came to us to let us know who our TL was, we had to seek them out, as well as our schedules. I'm confident that no one was paying any attention to us at all. The management gave constantly conflicting answers to questions, and were increasingly hard to find. They changed our shifts 4 times in a month and with very little to no notice.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay better attention to your employees - this kind of neglect and inconsistent expectations is no way to keep employees.

By far the worst work environment I have ever experienced.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)

ProsThe only good part about working for this company was that the schedules were fairly flexible although that usually came in the form of unpaid time off.

ConsLet me start off by saying unless you're totally desperate, like you're going to die of starvation unless you find a job soon desperate, do yourself a huge favor and avoid this company. There are so many cons to the site that I worked at for this company that I can't even begin to list them all. The first thing you have to understand about this place is that their business model is 100% built to exploit their workers and give it to a select few in management and the corporate offices. There's a reason if you look at their site locations that all their sites are located in low-income areas, it's so they can pay as little as possible to their employees while generating huge returns from their clients. My co-workers all acted like they were in elementary school, shouting and laughing all day, in a call center where people are supposed to be helping customers on the phone no-less. They never did any work while the couple people that actually cared to work had to do everything. Management was even worse than my co-workers. They told us constantly how great of a job we were doing and it was our hard work that really turned the site around etc. Then in the next sentence basically tell us things like how we're too greedy and expecting them to pay us too much and take away our tiny hourly bonuses that we got. Our site director easily made into the 6-figure range per year and arrogantly told us one day how he doesn't do half the work he's supposed to do! Then has the nerve to tell us we expect too much when we were making wages that even at full time put most people right on the poverty line if not below it. Basically my point is you'll get no respect from anyone if you're the kind of person that actually goes to work expecting to work. Your co-workers will dump all their work on you while they screw around, then management will criticize you, one of the few people doing what they're supposed to, for expecting your hard work to allow you to live even slightly above poverty levels.

Advice to Senior ManagementEven if you share advice with this companies management they won't listen.

Some good experiences, some bad

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
    Green Bay, WI

ProsEnjoyed most of the people I worked with. Most of the supervisors were very understanding and fair in applying the company policies, without playing favorites.

ConsConstantly changing expectations of what counts towards a good rating on your call quality. Along with pressure from higher levels to meet certain goal numbers, making things even more difficult to keep all the call center reps up to date with the most recent changes. Lots of turn over in employees, with very little opportunity to grow beyond your fixed role as a phone representative.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployees are not replaceable cogs in a machine. When you keep increasing the pressure on them, you wind up in the same kind of downward spiral. The poorer performing ones get failed out. The better performing ones burn out and leave. And you end up with a mediocre level staff which ultimately leads to clients not being satisfied with the work being done on their behalf.

Great start for employment.

Customer Service Representative - APAC (Current Employee)
    Greensboro, NC

ProsWork only one day out the weekend.

ConsNot organized and lack of communication.

Advice to Senior ManagementAccurate information and communication.

Worked for APAC Customer Services? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at APAC Customer Services reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for APAC Customer Services CEO James P. McGrath . All 176 reviews posted anonymously by APAC Customer Services employees.