APAC Customer Services

Updated October 20, 2014
Updated October 20, 2014
2.3

James P. McGrath

Pros
  • The best reasons to work at a call center: You sit all day and eat as often as you want depending on your supervisor (in 8 reviews)

• You get to meet a lot of interesting people while working here (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • A substandard call center, with absolute focus on warm bodies to fill their seats to handle call volume (in 19 reviews)

• Upper management doesn't have a clear concept of the 'trenches' (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

Sets unobtainable expectations of agents based off of the customers opinion of the company as a whole

I have been working at APAC Customer Services

Pros

Good benefits and nice hours

Cons

Not flexible with giving you ample work time on any specific scenario

Sorry that you have to deal with more than we do as agents.

Poor Management

Former Employee - Trainer in Davenport, IA
    Former Employee - Trainer in Davenport, IA

I worked at APAC Customer Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Getting to work with some great people.

Cons

Promised one schedule and was given something different. The class trainers were more interested in hanging out with each other than teaching the class. We were told that we had to have a final test on what we were learning, but they were no where to be found while we were trying to learn stuff. To many "clicks" in management.

If you would treat the reps better you would not have the turn over that you currently have. Also, you would not have a high rate of turn over in your recruiting department as well. You expect them to get people in the door but once they are there they leave due to the treatment. People are embarrassed to even say that they work there. APAC- A Place Always Changing.

APAC Review

Current Employee - Work At Home Customer Service Representative in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at APAC Customer Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Working from home would be one of the best pros while working for this company.

Cons

I have been with the company since November 2011 and I've only received one raise since I have been employed there. When asking about evaluations upon to this day the company has still decided not to give any of the employees a raise. There is also little to no moving up the ladder such as higher positions.

I feel that the company should take their employees into consideration more such as recognition, promotions, and raises. After working 3 years for a company I don't see why one has only had 1 raise and 1 evaluation.

Awful Company, Awful Environment

Former Employee - Porting Specialist in Cedar Rapids, IA
    Former Employee - Porting Specialist in Cedar Rapids, IA

I worked at APAC Customer Services full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The training was very thorough - 5 weeks, 40 hours per week. Easy to understand unpaid time off system - you get 7 points, .5 points taken away for every 4 hours that were missed without having permission ahead of time.

Cons

Management treated employees like children. The "points" system was not strictly enforced, I know at least one guy was negative 20 or more points before he was fired. The pay was low. The call center was drab, cramped, and full of people that hated their jobs.

Stay away, unless a job is really needed. Horrible place to work.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Davenport, IA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Davenport, IA

I worked at APAC Customer Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Met some nice co-workers, other than that I have nothing good to say.

Cons

Hostile environment, poor management, poor leaders, and we're always lied too. STS agents are cheated out
    of their bonus and the whole environment is out of balance. Way too much favoritism and leaders creating
    drama between agents. There is no room for advancement for the ones that deserve it. The only ones that grow is through favoritism so therefore be dramatic, be horrible at your job and the whole 9 yards and you will succeed. Very stressful environment, chaotic and emotionally draining.

Please get your act together and start being a PROFESSIONAL leader! Stop disappearing all the time and actually do your job. Get new LEADERS and HR members, the currents ones are all useless and liars. The amount of unprofessionalism is disgusting.

One of the worst places to work

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tampa, FL

I have been working at APAC Customer Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

U get a check every two weeks if you work.

Cons

The company clearly doesn't care about their employees. Its more about filling seats for the cilent. Over priced insurance and poor management. This has been the absolute worst company I've ever worked for.

Clean house all of you at the tampa fl site suck!

APAC Do as I say not as I Do.

Current Employee - Pharmacy Help Desk Representative in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Help Desk Representative in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at APAC Customer Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Low stress, Weekly coaching to help employee's improve performance.

Cons

Being able to take time of when you need to without negative consequences.

Be honest with employee's. Learn to lead by example

Okay for a first time customer service job

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tampa, FL

I have been working at APAC Customer Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Easy to be promoted with in the company, getting hired is pretty easy, Pay is okay amount for the work expected. There is multiple departments to go to within the company and a few different sites to transfer to.

Cons

Very stressful environment and expect to be there for 5 years before you can have a good job if you want to eventually be off the phones. Company use to have a lot of compensation but now there does not really seem to be any. Management comes and goes and they do not hide their dislike for the job. Building is dirty and has had multiple problems with bugs.

Good benefits and pay, plenty of opportunity for promotion, guaranteed hours

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tampa, FL

I have been working at APAC Customer Services full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good benefits and pay, plenty of opportunity for promotion, guaranteed hours. Paid training. Performance based incentives.

Cons

Difficult customer base at the lower-level positions. Communications about policy or company changes are inconsistent in their nature, likely due to the size of the site (can approach nearly 1000 employees during the holiday season). Performance based scheduling, meaning you cannot plan your life in advance around your schedule.

Keep up with the excellent feed back on performance.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative - APAC in Worcester, MA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative - APAC in Worcester, MA

I have been working at APAC Customer Services full-time (less than an year)

Pros

he wages and benefits are decent if you are just starting out and need medical coverage. It is pretty easy to get and entry level position there. Great advancement opportunities to a certain point. Valuable customer service experience. Meet a lot of new people. In certain positions, there are some fantastic travel opportunities!

Cons

Answering the phones for people who aren't always excited to speak to you can be draining if you let it get to you and some people just arn't able to handle a call center environment answering call after call.

Keep up with the excellent feed back on performance.

APAC Customer Services Photos