APAC Customer Services

Updated October 28, 2014
Updated October 28, 2014
2.3

James P. McGrath

Pros
  • The best reasons to work at a call center: You sit all day and eat as often as you want depending on your supervisor (in 8 reviews)

• You get to meet a lot of interesting people while working here (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • The call center was drab, cramped, and full of people that hated their jobs (in 20 reviews)

• Upper management doesn't have a clear concept of the 'trenches' (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

Sets unobtainable expectations of agents based off of the customers opinion of the company as a whole

I have been working at APAC Customer Services

Pros

Good benefits and nice hours

Cons

Not flexible with giving you ample work time on any specific scenario

Sorry that you have to deal with more than we do as agents.

Horribly managed company, but met some great people there

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative- Inbound in Davenport, IA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative- Inbound in Davenport, IA

I have been working at APAC Customer Services full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Co-corkers. I met some of my best friends there.

Very easy to move up in the company --- but negatively, that is because of their great difficulty in retaining employees and high turnover rate at all levels of the business.

There are a couple of programs that have great bonus potential, but usually whenever too many people make bonus, they change the structure so no one can realistically meet the goals.

Cons

Horrible wages, they have eliminated raises, and they pay by program.... different programs are paid differently, some have bonus potential, some do not. I make over several dollars an hour less an hour than I did several years ago.... making less the longer I am at a job is very unsatisfying. Making the same as a kid out of high school with no experience when I have been in customer service longer that that same kid has been alive is a direct insult. Once too many people make bonus, they entirely change the structure so that they don't have to pay bonus any more.

Insanely high turnover rate. Almost constant new hire classes going on in all areas of the company.

Incompetent management, incompetent upper management, high turnover rate there as well.

Horrible environment, broken computers, phones, equipment - my floor alone has about 8 different styles of chairs in all kinds of shapes and sizes and colors because they never replace anything - they just bring in more used junk from another branch of the company rather than buy us nice things.

Everyone is told different things.... one person is told that an action is mandatory, and then another is told that same action will get you a write up. No consistency in monitors, advice, training (if you even get any refreshment training at all) ... no consistency in anything.

Nasty dirty environment - everyone jokes when they see team leads pull people off the phones to dust and clean that they know the client is coming in and they have to pretend we are always clean and dust and vacuum..... can you believe they pull people OFF THE PHONES to do the cleaning? If anyone is a client of this business, PLEASE come in and do a surprise visit to see how it is really run..... you would be shocked.

Clients come in and want to pull people off the floors for a "focus group" to get an honest feedback from employees of what they think about the company and how it is ran - what clients do NOT know is that those people have been specially selected before hand and told what to say - and if they tell what really happens they will be FIRED. Yes, they are threatened...

Pay a living wage. Better wages = longer term employees, lower turnover, higher attendance and better quality employees. Give us a better environment on the call floor. Stop treating us like babies. Make management follow the same rules as the floor - no food on floor, no fast food glasses, penalties for being consistently late, no yelling and screaming and PLEASE - NO inappropriate conversations on the floor... Our clients on the phone can hear your loud mouths and they are offended by you yelling "NO ONE gets a POTTY BREAK until we are OUT OF QUEUE" Or even worse, griping how you got called in because you are hung over from the night before.... yes, that offends clients.

Stop trying to build walls between supervisors and their teams.... You should encourage friendliness, not condemn it. We, as service reps, are much more likely to preform well for team leads that we have a good relationship with..... but recently we were forced to remove friends on facebook who were not at our same "level". Many of the these friends were family or friends way before we were even working there. I am not talking about "relationships", just friends..... What business is it of a company who is on our facebook page? I understand a no dating policy, or not bashing your employer on your facebook wall.... but really? Stop micromanaging us!

Please stop the pettiness and the need to control us in and out of work. Work with us in choosing our schedules, realize that we all have lives and kids and schedules that may need adjusting now and then. Listen to us, don't blow off our issues, if you don't know the answer then find out.

Poor Management

Former Employee - Trainer in Davenport, IA
    Former Employee - Trainer in Davenport, IA

I worked at APAC Customer Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Getting to work with some great people.

Cons

Promised one schedule and was given something different. The class trainers were more interested in hanging out with each other than teaching the class. We were told that we had to have a final test on what we were learning, but they were no where to be found while we were trying to learn stuff. To many "clicks" in management.

If you would treat the reps better you would not have the turn over that you currently have. Also, you would not have a high rate of turn over in your recruiting department as well. You expect them to get people in the door but once they are there they leave due to the treatment. People are embarrassed to even say that they work there. APAC- A Place Always Changing.

APAC Review

Current Employee - Work At Home Customer Service Representative in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at APAC Customer Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Working from home would be one of the best pros while working for this company.

Cons

I have been with the company since November 2011 and I've only received one raise since I have been employed there. When asking about evaluations upon to this day the company has still decided not to give any of the employees a raise. There is also little to no moving up the ladder such as higher positions.

I feel that the company should take their employees into consideration more such as recognition, promotions, and raises. After working 3 years for a company I don't see why one has only had 1 raise and 1 evaluation.

Awful Company, Awful Environment

Former Employee - Porting Specialist in Cedar Rapids, IA
    Former Employee - Porting Specialist in Cedar Rapids, IA

I worked at APAC Customer Services full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The training was very thorough - 5 weeks, 40 hours per week. Easy to understand unpaid time off system - you get 7 points, .5 points taken away for every 4 hours that were missed without having permission ahead of time.

Cons

Management treated employees like children. The "points" system was not strictly enforced, I know at least one guy was negative 20 or more points before he was fired. The pay was low. The call center was drab, cramped, and full of people that hated their jobs.

Stay away, unless a job is really needed. Horrible place to work.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Davenport, IA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Davenport, IA

I worked at APAC Customer Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Met some nice co-workers, other than that I have nothing good to say.

Cons

Hostile environment, poor management, poor leaders, and we're always lied too. STS agents are cheated out
    of their bonus and the whole environment is out of balance. Way too much favoritism and leaders creating
    drama between agents. There is no room for advancement for the ones that deserve it. The only ones that grow is through favoritism so therefore be dramatic, be horrible at your job and the whole 9 yards and you will succeed. Very stressful environment, chaotic and emotionally draining.

Please get your act together and start being a PROFESSIONAL leader! Stop disappearing all the time and actually do your job. Get new LEADERS and HR members, the currents ones are all useless and liars. The amount of unprofessionalism is disgusting.

APAC Do as I say not as I Do.

Current Employee - Pharmacy Help Desk Representative in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Help Desk Representative in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at APAC Customer Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Low stress, Weekly coaching to help employee's improve performance.

Cons

Being able to take time of when you need to without negative consequences.

Be honest with employee's. Learn to lead by example

Okay for a first time customer service job

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tampa, FL

I have been working at APAC Customer Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Easy to be promoted with in the company, getting hired is pretty easy, Pay is okay amount for the work expected. There is multiple departments to go to within the company and a few different sites to transfer to.

Cons

Very stressful environment and expect to be there for 5 years before you can have a good job if you want to eventually be off the phones. Company use to have a lot of compensation but now there does not really seem to be any. Management comes and goes and they do not hide their dislike for the job. Building is dirty and has had multiple problems with bugs.

One of the worst places to work

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tampa, FL

I have been working at APAC Customer Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

U get a check every two weeks if you work.

Cons

The company clearly doesn't care about their employees. Its more about filling seats for the cilent. Over priced insurance and poor management. This has been the absolute worst company I've ever worked for.

Clean house all of you at the tampa fl site suck!

Good benefits and pay, plenty of opportunity for promotion, guaranteed hours

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tampa, FL

I have been working at APAC Customer Services full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good benefits and pay, plenty of opportunity for promotion, guaranteed hours. Paid training. Performance based incentives.

Cons

Difficult customer base at the lower-level positions. Communications about policy or company changes are inconsistent in their nature, likely due to the size of the site (can approach nearly 1000 employees during the holiday season). Performance based scheduling, meaning you cannot plan your life in advance around your schedule.

APAC Customer Services Photos