APAC Customer Services

Updated February 28, 2015
Updated February 28, 2015
2.2

James P. McGrath

Pros
  • They are a third party call center helping clients with their mail order medications (in 9 reviews)

• You get to meet a lot of interesting people while working here (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • The call center was drab, cramped, and full of people that hated their jobs (in 20 reviews)

• Incompetent management, incompetent upper management, high turnover rate there as well (in 12 reviews)

More Highlights

Decent for a temporary job

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tampa, FL

I have been working at APAC Customer Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

They are flexible with schedules, so it creates a good work life balance.

Cons

The pay is not that great.
    The metrics that you have to meet can be stressful
    Micro managed

itsokay

Current Employee - Customer Care Representative in Greensboro, NC
    Current Employee - Customer Care Representative in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at APAC Customer Services full-time (less than a year)

Pros

getting the overtime, and some of then incentive,also i love working with the customers and helping them

Cons

surveys that set the stage of how you are doing, getting in trouble for helping with credits, also not be notice for your effect and knowlege, also favoritism when applying for other position

appreciate the rep that are always trying to help customers and wants to get ahead, should depend on the work and knowledge on who operation manager likes or doesn't like

Transformational Company

I worked at APAC Customer Services

Pros

Ability to see markets shifting

Cons

Uncertainty about my job sustainability

Share vision whether good news or bad news

You do not want to work here!

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at APAC Customer Services

Pros

It's really easy to get hired. You go through a paid 5 week training at $10.25 an hour. Also, there are monthly raffles based on adherence.

Cons

First of all, you are promised a ton of things when you apply for the job, like benefits and higher pay. They said that benefits would kick in after a 90 day probation period... I knew my job was seasonal but why would they mention benefits if they weren't going to provide them in the first place? We didn't even know we weren't getting benefits until towards the end of our training. I've been working here for almost 5 months now, I still don't have benefits because I'm seasonal and we are all (I'm assuming because they do not communicate anything to us) getting fired in a little over a month. Additionally, they promised if you were bilingual, you'd automatically get paid $11.25. They did not tell us that all depended on the client. So just because you're bilingual, that doesn't mean you are guaranteed the $11.25. The company is completely unorganized. They are so wishy-washy about the rules and management plays favoritism. The team leads are no help when you have questions about the client. They listen to calls, but have no idea what the client rules are and they don't know if what you are telling customers is correct. They also don't expect you to have a life outside of work. We basically HAVE to do mandatory overtime. All our outbound calls cannot be done during our shift because it affects our adherence and the call volume is too high to do in between calls. Therefore, we have to either come in early or stay late. Yeah, we get paid time and a half but if I want to do overtime it should be my choice, not because I HAVE to... Anyways, I don't mean to talk badly about the company because I am grateful for this job; however, working here has been so stressful...

Going through with promises offered when you apply and being a little more coinsiderate with your employees

APAC now know as EGS

I have been working at APAC Customer Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Professional, friendly, really want to see people succeed. Advancement opportunity to a point.

Cons

Nepotism is part of the culture

Hold your people accountable.

CSR

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative - APAC in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative - APAC in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at APAC Customer Services

Pros

Work at Home position, most of the time able to work full time, and some extra time on peak seasons

Cons

Mandatory TO on some months.

More training to the trainers

Customer Service Representative

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative - APAC in La Crosse, WI
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative - APAC in La Crosse, WI

I worked at APAC Customer Services

Pros

I liked talking to the customers, and helping them with their Verizon Wireless bills. I liked activating new smartphones, or iPads on accounts for people. I also liked helping customers save money on there bills.

Cons

Many, many customers were not very pleasant. Customers were very hard to please, especially if they did owe money on their account and couldn't make a payment arrangement, but needed cell phone service. Apac treated you like a number, and not an employee, even if a person would work overtime, or go above and beyond to help the customer, this company always found something negative to find. This company also did not give any raises or any incentives of any kind, very challenging in today's economy.

I think this company should give employers, especially whom are punctual, drug and alcohol free, and always showing up with a positive attitude, not only for the customers, but for the co-workers and team leaders, should at least get a 3 strikes then your fired, not a 1st and final and that's it. It costs money to train, get the computer systems as well as the plans, iPhones, all technology down, takes time to retrain and start over. I also think that there should be pay raises and more incentives to make the job desirable. Thank you.

Great experience

Current Contractor - Customer Service Representative in Greensboro, NC
    Current Contractor - Customer Service Representative in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at APAC Customer Services as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Great experience in customer service work

Cons

Needs to be more organized

None

The most disorganized and incompetent "leadership" and organization I have ever been a part of!

Former Employee - Director
    Former Employee - Director

I worked at APAC Customer Services full-time (less than a year)

Pros

It will be a breeze to get a job here if you want to be a CSR as they hire anyone to meet their numbers. This company obtains... no values.

Cons

I was a previous director and left as soon as I could. Leadership is incompetent as their virtual business unit is failing. The conference calls consist of "leaders" yelling at each other. They have numerous payroll errors..make certain you triple check your paycheck and always track your own hours.

You need a complete overhaul. Your organization is an embarassment and carries a horrible name. You have "leaders" in place that make god awful decisions and that is why your clients are not satisfied and the number one reason your virtual business unit is a failure. You let others decide to let the wrong people leave.

A Decent Job, Ruined.

Former Employee - Staff Manager in Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Staff Manager in Tucson, AZ

I worked at APAC Customer Services

Pros

They actually did a decent job of hiring talented, motivated people to manage the line staff. MBAs, people with a great deal of military leadership experience and so on were my co-workers.

Cons

It took over 6 months to change the burned out light bulbs. Of the 35 lights that had burned out, after months of haggling, the maintenance staff outdid themselves in an extreme effort and managed to replace 23 burned out light bulbs. This is very much how the whole Sr. Management worked.

It really is not that hard of a job, nor too difficult to run a profitable business. However, you guys keep nailing your own feet to the floor, as well as the managers and staff employees feet too. It's no wonder turnover was 128% per year for the floor staff. The managers were quitting one literally once a week. No wonder. The Sr. managers are back-stabbing snakes and the physical environment is terrible.

APAC Customer Services Photos