APC By Schneider Electric

Updated December 5, 2014
3.1

APC By Schneider Electric President and CEO Laurent Vernerey
Laurent Vernerey

Pros
  • gt;Work life balance-100% more than that I would say (in 12 reviews)

• The people who have worked in West Kingston for years are generally great people (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • These promotions turn out to be unpaid promotions where you accept more responsibility for the same low pay (in 4 reviews)

• If you are not Rhody friendly or uncomfortable with nano management this might not be your career path (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Overall good company with a few growing pains.

Former Employee - Sales and Account Management in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Sales and Account Management in Austin, TX

I worked at APC By Schneider Electric

Pros

Leadership is good and has direction
    Training is available (in person and online)
    Work life balance is good along with the benefits and PTO
    Compensation was good

Cons

Lack employee incentives other than the normal commission and bonus structure (no trips, contests or spiffs)

Invest more time in the company culture and perks. (I was a remote employee, so my perception of company culture may be limited).

Good place to work, lots of opportunity to advance from within.

Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Murfreesboro, TN
    Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Murfreesboro, TN

I have been working at APC By Schneider Electric full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Good benefits, above average pay.

Cons

Must be willing to change locations to advance.

Very satisfying

Former Employee - CAD in North Kingston Beach, RI
    Former Employee - CAD in North Kingston Beach, RI

I worked at APC By Schneider Electric full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Plenty of wonderful opportunities, for serious, self motivated, ascendant minded people, opportunities for international positions, challenging projects, hierarchy was near flat before =SE= acquired it. money was ok.

Cons

all of the corporate values were clearly enunciated, but executives quickly expected the whole company to become cheerleaders. hierarchy got very deep, very fact. Failed (IMO) to prove that they had acquired company (APC) for it's people.

I could advise, but I was too low on the food chain for them to take my advice seriously.

Mechanical Engineer

I have been working at APC By Schneider Electric as a contractor

Pros

A very recommended company. Nice people and good work environment.

Cons

I have not encountered any problems.

awesome

A good learning and proving ground for recent college grads.

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in West Kingston, RI
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in West Kingston, RI

I worked at APC By Schneider Electric full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Decent base pay and benefits package. Excellent training session.

Cons

Stringent six sigma corporate adherence nonsense. For customer service/sales people the management evaluates on too many aspects of your calls and tends to ignore your sales figures (extremely frustrating and counter productive). The six sigma corporate adherence makes the call center an inneficient environment. While I was there there were many internal growing pains due to the corporate acquisition by Schneider Electric. It's possible those problems have ironed themselves out by now. While I was there, there was extremely limited upward or lateral mobility within the company. Advancement was extremely difficult. Another company guilty of hiring from the outside!

Get back to basics with the sales teams in the call center. Efficiency and Productivity should be the main focus.

Liked it

Current Employee - Corporate Account Manager
    Current Employee - Corporate Account Manager

I have been working at APC By Schneider Electric full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great company, excellent benefits. They really do try to take care of their employees with great health insurance from day 1, educational sponsorship.

Cons

They're huge, and subject to the bureaucratic pitfalls many companies this size struggle with. Too many layers of management. Too many changes to programs that confuse partners and customers. Lots of red tape getting things done internally.

Stable Career ? not

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Kingston, RI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Kingston, RI

I worked at APC By Schneider Electric full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

the staff that worked here were very nice , nice facilities , clean and professional buildings

Cons

management lacks direction and isnt honest and upfront

all the often lay-offs area huge turn off to existing employees , they never know if theyll be next

My expectations, goals and desires to start a great career with a company were completely lead on by this company.

I worked at APC By Schneider Electric full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The social atmosphere of SE was great. The people that you interacted with on a daily basis kept work enjoyable and fulling. The culture is very laid back, while the working environment is full of different people ranging from old and young individuals.

Cons

Where do I start?! They completely lead you on in the interview process about three levels of continued sales learning, (Bronze, Silver, Gold), and these levels are suppose to gear you in the path of direction towards a District Manager in about 6 months. After I completely flew through the three levels of hands on trainings in only about 4 months, I noticed barriers to the once proclaimed great upward mobility and it soon became apparent that there was no great plan to reach management. After the completion of your second level (Silver), the state that you can venture into any sector of the company you want. However, they forget to mention that it sometimes takes at least two years of internal migration before you are even considered for a position within the field of your choice that you desire. Even then, they prefer you to start at an entry level position, despite having recent success, higher learning education, and a proven track record. If it was not for my peer group, the professional individuals that I meet through my occupation tenure with Schneider, and the consumers of whom I interacted with daily, the job would of been for an absolute waste of professional time and experience. It turned to be a blessing in disguise because they relocated me to the west coast, where jobs were plentiful and i used the relocation to venture into many sales economies on the west coast. However, even with a great work culture in SE, people wont stay and work for a company that cuts corners to fill dead positions by marketing on false pretenses. Good salesmen wont work in an environment that rewards individuals with whom the system deems worthy of advancement, but yet has no statistical results for validity and merit.

Quit leading on individuals about the sales path through the CCC either for tech or sales! It leads to nowhere and true hard working engineers and sales consultants who have diligently earned their credentials through academia are wasting their talents on inferior sales strategies, unwarranted micromanagement, and under-appreciated financial incentives. In addition, the iTB sector of APC is steadily declining at a faster than normal rate so make sure to hire great sales professional who are loyal and willing to stick around and not the ones who undeservingly soak up great titled positions then bolt instantly taking their new credentials with them.

New product development team leader

Former Employee - Product Manager in West Kingston, RI
    Former Employee - Product Manager in West Kingston, RI

I worked at APC By Schneider Electric full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

When available, is was good to work with the development teams

Cons

Very slow engineering teams, very little innovation

Focused investment on core products

Self-motivated hard workers will promote quickly. Earn your stripes!

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in West Kingston, RI
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in West Kingston, RI

I have been working at APC By Schneider Electric full-time (less than an year)

Pros

you can move up quickly and promotions seem to be based more on your past performance and how well u will perform vs politics, work life balance is pretty good if you're working hard at work you can be done with your shift and not worry about work outside of work. also a younger fun atmosphere with various events always going on such as yoga, chinese speaking, abs/core conditioning classes even though i havent gone to any due to figuring out scheduling. solid cafe to eat if you're not an every day lunch packer. plenty of fridges and microwaves if u r.

Cons

rely on other people for information while customer is waiting on phone can be a hassle especially if you yourself isn't someone who is good with people skills

Monitor the reps more closely so reps that are being rude, lazy, etc. won't affect other reps or even worse, the customer calling in

APC By Schneider Electric Photos