APC By Schneider Electric

www.apc.com

APC By Schneider Electric Reviews

Updated Jul 15, 2014
APC By Schneider Electric – Rosario – “Schneider Electric”

APC By Schneider Electric President and CEO Laurent Vernerey

Laurent Vernerey

Pros
  • gt;Work life balance-100% more than that I would say(in 11 reviews)

• The people who have worked in West Kingston for years are generally great people(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • These promotions turn out to be unpaid promotions where you accept more responsibility for the same low pay(in 4 reviews)

• If you are not Rhody friendly or uncomfortable with nano management this might not be your career path(in 3 reviews)

Self-motivated hard workers will promote quickly. Earn your stripes!

Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) West Kingston, RI

Prosyou can move up quickly and promotions seem to be based more on your past performance and how well u will perform vs politics, work life balance is pretty good if you're working hard at work you can be done with your shift and not worry about work outside of work. also a younger fun atmosphere with various events always going on such as yoga, chinese speaking, abs/core conditioning classes even though i havent gone to any due to figuring out scheduling. solid cafe to eat if you're not an every day lunch packer. plenty of fridges and microwaves if u r.

Consrely on other people for information while customer is waiting on phone can be a hassle especially if you yourself isn't someone who is good with people skills

Advice to Senior ManagementMonitor the reps more closely so reps that are being rude, lazy, etc. won't affect other reps or even worse, the customer calling in

New product development team leader

Product Manager (Former Employee) West Kingston, RI

ProsWhen available, is was good to work with the development teams

ConsVery slow engineering teams, very little innovation

Advice to Senior ManagementFocused investment on core products

Good place to work - overall

ProsGood people, good benefits in a world where this is becoming rare. Lots of opportunity

ConsSomewhat disorganized and they chase things over and over again. There's a flavor of the month mentality and they cut positions when they should be looking at other sources of leakage.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

great place to work, awesome people, good mentors.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Billerica, MA

Prosvery relaxed environment, very diverse.

ConsIT departement, tight on business travel.

Good Starting Point

ProsAPC can open up a lot of opportunities within Schneider Electric. Great atmosphere and everyone hired is usually pretty nice to work with since they usually base hiring people with how well then can interact with customers.

ConsThe career center they offer does not give any development for your career other then making you an expert in APC products.

Former employee respectfully and thoughtfully offers review

Sales (Former Employee)

ProsGood people, good products, good benefits, mobility, excellent overall training structure, Good vision to future trends, cutting edge technology, good marketing.

ConsHas lost the personal touch and humanity of it's days prior to - SE - purchase. - SE- is a good company too and did a good job integrating APC yet, it seemed a "colder" place to work. Worse, several current and past associates have said there is an ( of course) unstated prejudice toward mature employees in front line positions. Current end users and partners advise that APC is "giving away" large areas of business. - This is good business sense when a sector is unprofitable however, in this sense, the individuals mean that there is too much churn and customers become frustrated by the confusion and lack of attention. One former employee ( who I always thought to have a negative attitude) said very unflattering things about APC management. This insulted me at the time as I was very loyal to APC and wanted to be distanced from negativity. I still would not like to admit that I worked for and was loyal to a company which advocates contribution to the global family yet, has cold and calculating management methods; but that person's statement keeps surfacing in my thoughts. There is no perfect employee or employer. APC can be a good place for you if you are considering.

Advice to Senior ManagementChurn has been a customer complaint for quite a few years. Slow the attention to growth. Foster continuity for customers sake.

Java Developer Intern

Java Developer Intern (Former Employee) North Billerica, MA

ProsAmazing team members. You get exposed to a lot of work responsibilities since you are one of the few IT resources.

ConsNo SDLC followed. Need a proper IT team structure. The company not being an IT engineering company, doesn't have a proper team structure in place.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed an IT Manager in some teams

Entry level sales position which is really just a call center.

Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) North Kingstown, RI

ProsGood team atmosphere. Tuition reimbursement available.

ConsBonuses are very small and rarely get paid out. All actions are timed and monitored.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend a little more for team outings and activities.

Good company, good people. Some chages since the acquisition by Scneider, but that's to be expected.

Technical Writer (Former Employee) North Billerica, MA

ProsGood work/life balance, family-oriented, good culture. Good mid-size company with some room to grow and move around. You get the benefits of a large company, but the individual sites feel like a small company.

ConsBeing acquired by Schneider Electric has undoubtedly changed some aspects of the company. Legacy products don't have a lot of room for innovation and change.

Program Manager

Program Manager (Current Employee) West Kingston, RI

ProsStable and global company with opportunities to move internally anywhere in the world and flexible hours, also work from home when needed. Good work life balance

Conslittle hard to grow beyond mid management level and being global team sometimes makes it hard to coordinate and manage remote teams

Advice to Senior Managementencourage internal employee mobility

Worked for APC By Schneider Electric? Contribute to the Community!