API Healthcare Reviews

Lisa A. LaBau

1. Interview experience

Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Atlanta, GA

Pros

The interview process was very structured and went pretty quickly. I was contacted by a recruiter for an initial screening interview. A week later I had a interview via Skype with the hiring manager and another person. The next day I was contacted by a phone interview with HR. They made me an offer the following week. The entire process took about two weeks minimum.

Cons

I would recommend offering more details about the companies products and solutions during the interview process..

2. Needs a few more years...

Pros

a family friendly atmosphere. friendly people. Allows some people in the service area to work remotely. Just purchased by GE Healthcare.

Cons

Not ready for prime time. Too many old timers that seem to be trying to keep the company to themselves. Be interesting to see what happens when GE starts meddling.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to what your customers are saying. Create a new on boarding process for the services consultants. Hire more people, you are burning the rest of the consultants out..

3. Exciting opportunities, plenty of room to improve

Current Employee - Project Manager
    Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at API Healthcare full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great location and many good people to work with. Flexible with time off and vacations. Company is moving fast and growing quickly. Exciting future prospects. Easy to grow and advance if YOU take the initiative.

Cons

Salary compensation is below market average. Benefit package is not flexible with associates not living nearby. GE acquisition has added red tape that slowed us down. Management does not communicate enough about their initiatives and what's coming next. Management does not spend appropriate time coaching and growing their associates.

Advice to Management

Be more transparent on your initiatives and to how your staff can help you accomplish them. Put your associates first and spend time coaching and growing them to succeed.

5. Interview Process

Current Employee - Implementation Consultant
    Current Employee - Implementation Consultant

Pros

I recently started working with API (GE company) and have to say so far I'm impressed with the people and the culture of API. The interview process was seamless - took a few months before I initially heard back from applying online, however, once I got the first call, it went pretty quickly. Everyone I dealt with was very helpful and resourceful.

Cons

Nothing to report as of now.

Great Place to work

I have been working at API Healthcare full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I've been working at API for over 10 years. It is a great place to work. The people are great. I feel like we matter in the world. We are trying to do our part to keep the cost of healthcare down. That is a great motivator. The GE acquisition has opened a lot of doors, both individually and for the company. We now have access to 300,000 other employees. There are opportunities to move positions within GE and keep seniority. As for the company, GE Healthcare is investing heavily in our business because they believe in what we do. That is allowing us to do things we never could in the past. We get great benefits. Very generous vacation/personal/sick time.

Cons

Hartford is a little bit out of the way, but it isn't that bad. 30 min drive and you are in Milwaukee.

7. Continues to be a great place to work and grow.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hartford, WI

Pros

Continuous improvement culture, amazing growth, team transparency, large investment in products, and people care. Enjoy being part of GE.

Cons

M&A/Integration activities have been distracting in the last 5 years, but things have settled down and we are getting more and more focused everyday.

Advice to Management

Don't lose sight of the the things that differentiate us from our competitors and why our customers love us.

8. Very Nice place to work

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Hartford, WI

I have been working at API Healthcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It is a very nice place to work. The company cares for their employees. Management is really nice and always tries to keep the employees happy. Very good work culture and very nice co -workers. Also the benefits are very good.

Cons

Little bit far from Milwaukee.

Great Company to Work For

I have been working at API Healthcare full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Management cares for their associates, fast growing company, excellent culture and work-life balance, challenging work that keeps your mind thinking every day

Cons

Some of the processes need to be refined to make my job easier, some of the products are outdated and need a fresh look.

10. Great Place To Settle In

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Hartford, WI
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Hartford, WI

Pros

The coworkers go out of their way to help you. If you think you have a stupid question, it probably isn't - make sure to ask. Fresh faces means new ideas, and that is what keeps products continually refined. Remote working + flexible hours is definitely a nice bonus.

Cons

Hartford is a little bit outside of the metro Milwaukee area if you enjoy that culture. But don't let that persuade you! Easy highway access makes commute feel short plus there is a lot of new places opening near and around Hartford.

11. Great company with many opportunities, Excellent Reputation

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Addison, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Addison, TX

I have been working at API Healthcare full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

- Open door policy with executive management team - Transparency - Global company with many opportunities throughout the world - A positive and diverse culture - Advanced employee education is encouraged, and in many cases, sponsored.

Cons

- Many internal systems and processes; some necessary, some not.

RSS Feed </> Embed