API Technologies Reviews

Robert Tavares

1. interesting job...boring boring boring place to work

Former Employee - Product Development Engineer in Erie, PA
    Former Employee - Product Development Engineer in Erie, PA

I worked at API Technologies (Less than a year)

Pros

projects are for interesting tihings

Cons

people and environment is very boring

API Technologies Review

I have been working at API Technologies full-time

Pros

Good people. Diversified staff. Certain people/positions are given large responsibilities, which can be a good thing. Opportunity to travel to other sites. Advancement/growth opportunities for those that are willing to consider other locations and/or business units within API.

Cons

The overall benefits package could be better, especially for a company their size. Communication from top-down needs improvement - doesn't reach all employees or there isn't any communcation.

Advice to Management

Communicate to all levels of employees and not just the executives and/or board.

3. Did not make Employee satisfaction or retention a priority

I worked at API Technologies

Pros

For the most part co-workers were great hardworking people

Cons

The company did not offer job security

Advice to Management

Build employee morale, yields more productivity

5. Process Engineer

I have been working at API Technologies

Pros

The pros of this job are that is in a great area and you get to have decision making freedom

Cons

The cons of this job is that there is little guidance in the projects and the employees are over worked

Great Coworkers

Former Employee - Tester
    Former Employee - Tester

I worked at API Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

People are generally happy and not depressing. The jobs are simple with a little demonstration, and right off the highway.

Cons

Benefits aren't so great. Management is not so great, and overtime is scarce.

7. Originally it wasnt so good

Current Employee - Network Administrator
    Current Employee - Network Administrator

I have been working at API Technologies part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very cool and smart people I work with. Managers are very approachable (at least in the upper management ranks)

Cons

Benefits arent all that good. Health Insurance is expensive and it's not very good coverage (even on their BEST plan). Trying to get a raise is like pulling teeth

8. I am the liason between the factories who make our products and the customers who buy them.

Current Employee - Customer Relationship Coordinator in State College, PA
    Current Employee - Customer Relationship Coordinator in State College, PA

I have been working at API Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work with customers on a daily basis, creating new relationships and fostering old ones. It's an exciting opportunity to help people have the best customer experience I can offer.

Cons

During my time here, I have went above and beyond my manager's expectations and those of our position in the customer service department. I feel there are no opportunities for upward mobility within the company in terms of a professional and monetary standpoint.

Advice to Management

Create opportunities for advancement well before the year review. Also, a higher salary is required for the work that we do.

9. No plan for growth

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in State College, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in State College, PA

I worked at API Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to learn what not to do for profitability.

Cons

Declining buisness that is linked to poor customer service and a non devoted sales team.

Advice to Management

Focous on customer service and retiurning buisness not just the profit margins that look good on paper.

10. Interesting and challenging company , hard to follow the ever changing demands from upper management.

Current Employee - Purchase Manager in State College, PA
    Current Employee - Purchase Manager in State College, PA

I have been working at API Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are some very good people that work at API. People who try very hard to do a good job with their assigned tasks, sometimes with little to know guidance or assistance. These out-of-the-box thinkers and the "doers" keep this company running.

Cons

There is very little corporate involvement with each business entities' overall day-to-day process. Most areas are running a muck. Their is little to know planning to most tasks, but no matter what, it better not affect revenue! This mentality has lead to poor planning, poor production (poor workmanship) poor attitudes and overall poor output.

Advice to Management

Develop a plan for improvement, implement it by assigning someone who understands how to project manage and set goals to achieve milestones through the improvement process. Reward employees who are successful. Provide and atmosphere of appreciation, value and worth that make the employees never want to leave. Empower those in the appropriate positions to provide the type of leadership the the company needs to move forward. Not the existing bruit -orce that drives good employees seeking and finding other companies who will work for them.

Working at API Technologies is a whirlwind of responsibilities and demands.

Current Employee - Marketing Specialist in State College, PA
    Current Employee - Marketing Specialist in State College, PA

I have been working at API Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have come to grow very close to my division's office team. We are all close and get along, and I would consider the office my second family. As the company has been growing and expanding, human resources policies and procedures are being formalized. The continued structure and reorganization of administration has been important in creating consistency across the board.

Cons

Upper management, red tape, extremely rigged budgets, and a black and white work environment hold employees back from being there best. There is an extremely high turnover. Upper management does not communicate with employees and employees always find out important information from the company's investor website rather than management. (Example: business units being sold off) Quarterly meetings are only likely to happen per year. Raises are less than average. No bonuses. No sick time (it's wrapped up in PTO). No flex time.

Advice to Management

Hire the right people and let them do their jobs. Don't hire an experienced employee and then micro manage them. Allow employees to have continued education and keep growing within the company. Reward great behavior and innovation. Recognize employees for their efforts.

RSS Feed </> Embed