API Technologies

Updated May 29, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Bel Lazar

Stressful and frustrating place to work

ProsThe work is interesting and the product that is manufactured is used in very cool applications.

ConsManagement is poor and departments could be more successful if the bad management could be weeded out.

API Technologies Review

ProsGood people. Diversified staff. Certain people/positions are given large responsibilities, which can be a good thing. Opportunity to travel to other sites. Advancement/growth opportunities for those that are willing to consider other locations and/or business units within API.

ConsThe overall benefits package could be better, especially for a company their size. Communication from top-down needs improvement - doesn't reach all employees or there isn't any communcation.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate to all levels of employees and not just the executives and/or board.

Process Engineer

ProsThe pros of this job are that is in a great area and you get to have decision making freedom

ConsThe cons of this job is that there is little guidance in the projects and the employees are over worked

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good Job, bad Pay, Bad Management

Mechanic (Former Employee) Memphis, TN

ProsI really enjoyed my job there, the people I worked for the most part.

ConsThe pay was not even close to competitive rates, the management there is full of incompetent people and lazy. The HR dept was horrible very unprofessional

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your workers more, reduce the upper management salaries, and revamp that HR, or just close up for good.

Did not make Employee satisfaction or retention a priority

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFor the most part co-workers were great hardworking people

ConsThe company did not offer job security

Advice to Senior ManagementBuild employee morale, yields more productivity

Worst Company to work for - DON'T WORK HERE !!!

ProsGood people in bottom levels

ConsWorst management structure I have ever see. No Communication. Company treats employees like garbage, that's why there is such an extremely high turn over rate and jobs are always posted. Poor working conditions. Below market value wages. No growth potential. Stay away from this company if you have any aspirations of going anywhere in your career or being treated like a real person.

Working at API Technologies is a whirlwind of responsibilities and demands.

Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) State College, PA

ProsI have come to grow very close to my division's office team. We are all close and get along, and I would consider the office my second family. As the company has been growing and expanding, human resources policies and procedures are being formalized. The continued structure and reorganization of administration has been important in creating consistency across the board.

ConsUpper management, red tape, extremely rigged budgets, and a black and white work environment hold employees back from being there best. There is an extremely high turnover. Upper management does not communicate with employees and employees always find out important information from the company's investor website rather than management. (Example: business units being sold off) Quarterly meetings are only likely to happen per year. Raises are less than average. No bonuses. No sick time (it's wrapped up in PTO). No flex time.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire the right people and let them do their jobs. Don't hire an experienced employee and then micro manage them. Allow employees to have continued education and keep growing within the company. Reward great behavior and innovation. Recognize employees for their efforts.

interesting job...boring boring boring place to work

Product Development Engineer (Former Employee) Erie, PA

Prosprojects are for interesting tihings

Conspeople and environment is very boring

Cursed by M&A

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsAggressive growing company that tries to do interesting manufacturing and technical things.

ConsUnplanned, unorganized growth by M&A resulting in work place chaos. No communication except when pink slips are issued to reduce the expense side of their businesses. No due diligence examining capabilities, expenses, potential or skill sets beyond what can be sold to an investor group.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop rolling the dice and consolidate the organization into some biz space the management team actually understands.

Worked for API Technologies? Contribute to the Community!