APR Consulting

1 Rating

My experience was good.

Current Employee - Human Resources Service Center Analyst  in  Alameda, CA
    Current Employee - Human Resources Service Center Analyst in Alameda, CA

Pros

The staff was courteous, helpful, and good with follow up.

Cons

Towards the end of my 1 yr assignment I was unclear if I would be extended. I was directed by APR to find out from the contract manager instead of APR finding out this info in advance. It made for a stressful last month of work. My performance didn't suffer. However, I ended up walking into work, logged in to start the day only to be told the previous day was my last day. It was embarassing, and unprofessional. A heads up would've been nice. I wasn't contacted by them for other assignments.

Be more proactive during the ending of an assignment by having as much info as possible and give common courtesy to your contract workers.

Mostly Got Me Up and Working Quickly, But With A Few Glitches.

Pros

Overall, my experience leading the assignment was good. APR's recruiters and human resources people brought me on board quickly, and for the most part provided me the instructions I needed to meet the pre-employment requirements.

Cons

One major error during the recruiting phase was that the recruiter told me an incorrect start time for the assignment and it turned out the client had a fairly unusual, I would say bizarre starting time.
    Over the course of my assignment, APR's administrative. and human resources support was spotty. I was contracted to the client as a technician. There were a number of mis-communications regarding my hours and other payments between the client's HR department and APR's that I was asked to mitigate.
    I was also substantially overpaid a final per diem payment that I had clearly input correctly. I agreed to repay the over payment but the HR employee refused to detail how the error happened.

Very good Temporary agency

Current Employee - Administrative Support  in  Pasadena, CA
    Current Employee - Administrative Support in Pasadena, CA

Pros

They have provided good companies for me

Cons

Don't offer any type of benefits for working there long term

I have experienced working with some good recruiters

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

ultimately disappointing, since I only got one assignment.

Pros

The job lasted more than one or two days

Cons

The distance between the office and my residence/work area
    The interviewer at the job site did a bait/switch on my job parameters, and the APR staff didn't intercede.

Please don't take a backseat when your associates are in trouble.

Former Corporate Employee

Former Employee - Administrative Support
    Former Employee - Administrative Support

Pros

Really good people to work with, flexible, good work/life balance, room for advancement and professional growth. Good benefits if you are a corporate employee.

Cons

A lot of nepotism going on, though they were all very nice people. Back office operations were somewhat unorganized and inefficient as communication between department heads was almost nil.

Very professional and strong work ethic. I enjoyed working for them. Placement was easy.

Former Employee - Legal Secretary/Legal Assistant-Litigation  in  Newport Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Legal Secretary/Legal Assistant-Litigation in Newport Beach, CA

Pros

Participate in insurance plans; accrue vacation time while working, started me working immediatel. I enjoyed working for them.

Cons

I cannot think of anything. Unfortunately, the Company I was working for by them was undergoing/planning a major layoff and I was one of them. The economy did not afford any opportunities at the time.

A contract employee for APR

Pros

Offer an opportunity to work for big name groups such as Kaiser

Cons

Horrible communitcation. Interviewed for the Kaiser position ( killed it) got the offer, then they started the background investigation. They used Kaiser's company to clear - totally incompetent the person that called my past employers was completely unprofessional and did not clear me in time to start on the hire date. Had to do all my own footword because recruiters did not even call me to say I was not cleared until the day I was supposed to start... extremely dissappointed and angry!

Use better communication and do your own background clearance

UN-Organized chaos!

Former Employee - Recruiter
    Former Employee - Recruiter

Pros

The work hours are pretty flexible and you have the ability to set your own schedule. The base pay is mid point. You pretty much run your own desk and are not micromanaged.

Cons

No support. Manager is hard to reach when there is an issue that needs to be escalated. Never any office supplies (no paper to print, no ink in printers) You have to be for refills. No room for growth. No metrics to earn bonuses. The owner speaks to you worse than if you were a stray dog.

Be available, accessible and treat employees like they are humans.

Nepotism at its worst.

Former Employee - Senior Staffing Specialist  in  Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Staffing Specialist in Plano, TX

Pros

Can bring your kids to work but what candidate or client wants to hear screaming kids in the background?

Cons

Low salary, cheats recruiters out of commissions, blatant nepotism

Take care of your producers and don't let nepotism ruin your business

Worked for APR Consulting? Contribute to the Community!